I wanted to hear you say it with your own silver tongue.
我希望亲耳听到你的金舌说出
Well, you’ve heard it.
你所听到的
If that’s all you came to hear, you could’ve saved a trip.
要再度听到 绝不是在旅游途中
Mind if I pour myself a drink?
介意我请自己喝瓶酒吗?
How about you, Judge? Will you have one?
法官你呢? 要不要来一点?
You better. You’re gonna need it.
你最好也喝一点
What did he say, Jack?
杰克 你怎么说?
You’ll get your answer tomorrow.
明天你会得到答案的
Are you kidding?
你在开玩笑
Did you show it to him or didn’t you?
你什么都告诉他了 不是吗?
Show me what?
告诉我什么?
That’s what I figured.
那是我猜想的
Let’s get down to cases, Judge.
言归正传吧 法官
You remember a man with the name of Littlepaugh?
你不会忘记一个叫小波尔的人吧?
How did you find out?
你怎么发现的?
Do you remember a man by the name of Littlepaugh?
到底记不记得一个叫小波尔的人?
Remember the Fortune Electric Company?
记得财富电气公♥司♥吗?
Of course. I was their counsel for over ten years.
当然 我在那公♥司♥做了十年顾问
Remember how you got the job?
记得你怎么得到这份工作的吗?
How did you find out?
你怎么发现的
Do you remember how you got the job?
你记得怎么得到这份工作的吗?
You know, Judge, dirt’s a funny thing.
法官 你知道吗? 挖掘丑闻是件可笑的事
Some of it rubs off on everybody.
很多人都受到拒绝
How did you get the job, Judge? Blackmail?
法官 你是怎么得到工作的? 用恐吓吗?
I swear I never even remembered his name.
我发誓 我从不记得他的名字
Isn’t that remarkable, Jack?
杰克 这不是很惊人吗?
I never even remembered his name.
我甚至不曾记得他的名字
It’s all so long ago,
一切都是那么久远
it’s hard for me to realize it ever happened.
我很难了解那为何会发生
Yeah, but it did.
是呀 但发生了
Yes, it did.
是的 发生了
But it’s difficult for me to realize it.
我很难了解这一切
For me too, Judge.
对我也是 法官
Thanks for that much.
谢谢你了
Well, I guess you know what the next move is, don’t you?
我想你知道下一步对不对?
Yes, I do.
是的 我知道
Jack Burden, Willie Stark’s hatchet man.
杰克·波顿 威利·史塔克联合杀手
I asked you, how did you find out?
我问你 你怎么发现的?
This would never stand at law… not for a minute.
这在法律上是没有用的
It happened over 25 years ago.
事隔二十五年了
And you could never get any testimony.
你也找不到任何证据了
Everybody is dead.
每个人都死了
Everybody except you, Judge.
除了你之外 每个人都死了
You’re alive.
但你还活着
And people think you’re a certain kind of man.
人们对你有某种崇敬的看法
And you just couldn’t bear for people to think otherwise.
你无法忍♥受别人对你突然改观
But ever since then, I…
自从我接下了工作…
I’ve done my duty. I… am responsible for many good things.
我便负责完成一些好事
But I also did this. Yes, yes, you did.
但我也曾做了这件事 是的 没错
Judge, I beg of you.
因此 法官 我请求你
Call and release your votes,
打电♥话♥给他们叫他们取消投票
for your sake.
为了你自己的利益
You have tender sensibilities for a hatchet man.
作为别人的打手 你的手法很灵活
Good night, gentlemen.
晚安了 各位
How about my answer?
我的答复呢?
You’ll have it in the morning. I want it tonight.
明早回答你 我今晚就要
In the morning.
早上
Good night, gentlemen.
晚安了 各位
How did you find out?
你怎么发现的?
We got a lot to do.
我们还有很多事
It’s getting late, Jack. Let’s get back to town.
太晚了 该回城里去了
You know we’re through, don’t you?
你知道事实真♥相♥?
You don’t mean that, boy.
别那么在意
What are you doing here?
你来这儿做什么?
It’s all right.
没什么 医生
Just here to discuss politics with the judge.
我只是来和法官讨论些政♥治♥
Oh, I see.
我知道了
Well, good night.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Did you give him… Wait a minute, Jack.
是你给他… 等等
Answer me. Did you give…
回答我 是你给他…
Aren’t you going back with him?
你不和他一起回去吗?
No. Why not? You belong with him.
不 为何不? 你不是他手下吗?
Jack, how could you have done it?
杰克 你怎能这样做?
When Anne brought me those papers, she told me you
安拿那些文件给我时 她说你
promised not to tell Stark until… I know.
保证不跟史塔克说的… 我知道
And I kept my promise.
而且我也守了诺言
Anne.
安
Anne. Anne!
安 安
From all over the state, they’re streaming in.
从本州各地来的人 都一下子涌进
From the hill country and farms, the lumber camps,
从乡间 农庄 伐木工
by boat, by train, by horse and on foot,
坐船 坐火车 骑马甚至步行
Willie Stark’s army.
组成威利·史塔克的后援部队
The state capital is filled with rumors,
本州首府到处充满传言
one of which that Stark is planning to seize power by force.
其中之一是 威利要以武力来强占
As commander of the state militia, he has…
作为本州人♥民♥兵指挥官 他有…
Come in. The door’s open.
进来 门没关
Jack… What do you want?
杰克… 你要干什么?
No, I want to see you cry.
不 我要看你痛哭
Stop it!
好了
I called you all afternoon. I’ve been calling…
我打电♥话♥给你 希望你不会生气…
I know. I was here.
我知道
You’ve got to tell Adam. You’ve got to see him.
你必须告诉他们 必须去见他们
Tell him what?
告诉他们什么?
He knows about me. About you and Willie?
他知道我的事 你和威利?
I tried to explain to him.
我试着去解释
I tried to explain to him that
我跟他们说明
it wasn’t the way he thought is was.
并不是那样子
How was it, Anne? You tell me.
安 那应该是怎样呢? 你告诉我吧
He hit me, Jack.
他打我
My own brother. He hit me.
我的亲哥哥打我
Your brother’s an old-fashioned man.
你哥哥是观念守旧的人
He believes in a sister’s honor.
他知道应维护妹妹的荣誉
Me, I’m a modern man. The 20th-century type. I run.
而我 我这现代二十世纪的人 我走开
I’m frightened, Jack.
我很害怕 杰克
For who, your brother or Willie?
怕谁? 你哥哥还是威利?
We’re through.
我们完了
Who’s through with who?
谁和谁完了?
He called me this afternoon.
他今天下午打电♥话♥给我
He’s going back to Lucy.
他要回到露西身边
He said it was better this way.
他说这样子比较好
Better for who… him?
对谁比较好… 他吗?
Both of us.
我们双方
Did he tell you that, too,
他告诉你
when he asked you to betray the judge?
要你背弃法官
At least I walked out on him. Oh, Jack.
至少 我知道要离开他了 杰克
Help me, please, please.
拜托 帮助我 拜托
Adam’s all I got left now.
亚当是我现在唯一保有的
Oh, Jack, if you ever loved me…
杰克 如果你曾爱过我…
If I ever loved you?
如果我曾爱过你
I’ll go find Adam.
我去找他
Where do you think you’re going?
你要到哪里去?
Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t recognize you.
对不起 我并不认识你
Do you know who Dr. Stanton is?
你知道斯坦顿医生吗?
Yes, sir. Did he try to come though here today?
是的 他今天曾进去里面吗?
Haven’t seen him, sir. Can you check the other entrances?
我还没看到他 能查查其他入口吗?
There are no other entrances today.
只有这个通行的入口
Other entrances are blocked off.
其他入口都已经封住了
Orders are to take no chances.
没有其他可能进去
If you care to come inside and wait,
你可以进去里面