You’re pretty good at talking.
你很善于讲话
I remember when you first started talking.
我还记得你第一次公开演讲
A place called Upton.
在阿普顿的地方
You did a lot of talking then,
你讲了很久
and the things you said made sense…
听来都很合理…
to me and a lot of other people.
对我和很多人都是
I believed in you, I followed you, and I fought for you.
我相信你 追随你 并支持你
Well, the words are still good.
这些话言犹在耳
But you’re not.
而你的人却不是这样
And I don’t believe you ever were.
我不再相信你任何话
Sugar, follow him. Keep calling in.
跟着他 叫他进来
Lucy!
露西
Lucy!
露西
Lucy!
露西
I’d like Anne to see you now.
我不喜欢看到你这样
I’d like Anne to see you now, you drunken sot!
我不喜欢看到你喝醉酒 失意
Come on!
来吧
All right, all right, gentlemen. I’ll give you a statement.
好了 好吧 我发表个声明
This whole thing is a mess of lies. It’s a frame.
这一团乱都是谎言 是件故意设计的阴谋
The man that made that statement…
造谣的那个人
Have him repeat it to my face.
不曾当我面说过
You can’t. He’s vanished.
他的阴谋已经技穷了
Let me ask you some questions.
让我问你们个问题
Why has he gone? Where is he?
他为何走掉 他人在那儿?
Maybe you could answer those questions too, Governor.
也许你能回答这个问题 州长
Look…
看…
I won’t dignify that question with an answer.
我希望 这问题有令人信服的答案
One more question, Governor.
再问个问题 好吗?
Where’s your son?
你儿子现在在哪里?
At the football stadium, where he’s supposed to be.
在橄榄球场吧 我想是的
He’s going to play for State University,
他可能会代表州立大学
which this administration is responsible for.
州政♥府♥会负责这件事
He’s not hiding from anybody, gentlemen.
他并没有向任何人隐藏任何事实
He’ll be out there in full view of 70,000 fans,
他会出场在七万观众前比赛
one of which will be me.
等着看你们会见到什么
See you, men.
各位 回头见
Where’s Stark? How ’bout Tommy Stark?
史塔克在那? 汤米 史塔克怎么样了?
Hey, Willie, send your boy in!
威利 你的孩子呢?
Why don’t they put him in?
他们怎么没找他?
Come on, Willie! Send your boy in!
威利 叫你孩子上场呀
What’s the matter, Willie?
威利 怎么回事了?
Is your little boy ashamed to show his face?
你的孩子没脸出场吗?
Get this man out of here!
把这个人带出去
Go on, get him out of here.
快 把他带走
What’s the idea?
我做了什么?
They’re booing you.
他们在嘘你
Ever since the accident, my head…
自从我头部受伤之后…
The doctor said it was nothing.
医生说那没什么
Get dizzy, can’t see…
他看不出内伤…
You were scared, plain scared.
你的问题在于你心里害怕
Get out of here.
出去
They’re booing me too.
他们也在嘘我
Me, Willie Stark. I built the stadium for those dirty…
那是我威利·史塔克盖的球场…
Get out of here! Thataboy. Get mad. Show some spirit.
滚出去 冷静点 孩子
Jack, tell him what his playing means. Go on, tell him.
杰克 帮我向他解释 告诉他
You can never tell about a head injury. Maybe the boy’s hurt.
我不能说些什么 头部外伤已使这孩子受伤了
He’s hurt? I’m hurt.
他受伤? 我也受伤了
It wasn’t me that wrapped the car around the tree.
并不是我开车撞到树的
It wasn’t me that got drunk.
也不是我喝醉酒的
But me, I’m taking the rap.
却是我来善后的
Go on, kid. Get out there and play.
起来吧 孩子 上场去
Show ’em the kind of stuff a Stark is made of.
你这不是史塔克家所代表的
I wouldn’t know.
我不想知道
Cut it out.
住手
All right. I’ll play. Now, get out of here!
好了 我上场 现在滚出去
Stark’s going in. Shirt number 73.
史塔克终于上场了 球衣背号♥73号♥
One, two, three, four, five.
一 二 三 四 五
One, two, three, four, five.
一 二 三 四 五
Tommy! Tommy!
汤米 汤米
Boss, you got-gotta eat.
老板 你得吃
You g-gotta.
你也吃点吧
I’m the one that made him play.
我并不真的要他去打的
I sent him in.
我叫他上场的
Sit down, Willie. Please sit down.
坐下吧 威利 请坐下来
I sent him in. What difference does that make now?
我叫他上场的 那并没有什么差别
What goes on? There isn’t a plane flying.
现在怎么样? 现在没有班机要来
They’ve got to fly.
它们必须要飞
This is my son. He’s got to live.
这是我儿子 他们一定要让他上
I just got a call from Dr. Burnham.
我刚收到伯汉姆来当医生的电♥话♥
The earliest he can possibly get here will be tomorrow morning.
最早到这儿也要明天早上
Isn’t there anybody else we can get?
我们还能找到任何医生吗?
I still think Dr. Stanton should operate.
我仍然认为应由斯坦顿医生来主刀
That’s up to Governor Stark.
让史塔克州长决定
He wanted another doctor, a specialist. I sent for one.
如果要别的医生 我负责找
How bad is it really, Doc?
他真实情况有多糟?
He’s unconscious and paralyzed.
他现在神智不清 瘫痪了
Has he got a chance? To live, yes.
他还有机会吗? 如果说活下去 是可能的
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Even if the operation is successful…
即使手术完全成功
that is, if he lives…
如果他能活下来…
I think he’ll be paralyzed for life.
他也将成为植物人
You’ll do everything you can, won’t you?
你会尽你一切所能吧?
Anything between you and me,
我们之间任何事都不计代价
that won’t count, would it? It doesn’t have to.
都不计代价
Look, Doc, anything you want in the world,
你要世上任何东西
you just ask for it, and you got it.
只要跟我说
Go on, Doc. Ask for it.
向我要求吧 医生
There are some things, Governor Stark, that even you can’t buy.
世上也有你史塔克州长买♥♥不到的
Do you want me to operate or don’t you?
你要我主持手术 是不是?
Yes.
是的
I want you to operate.
我要你操刀
Please, may I see Tom now?
拜托你 我现在能再看看汤米一眼吗?
Yes.
可以
How much does the doc know?
这医生知道多少?
About what? Oh, you know what I’m talking about.
哪一方面? 你知道我在说些什么
How much does he know? About what?
他知道多少? 哪一方面?
About Anne and me.
关于安和我的事
He doesn’t know a thing. Not a thing.
他一点也不知道 一点也不
Jack, how is he?
杰克 他怎样了?
The boy? Yes.
那孩子? 是的
He’ll live. Oh, thank God.
他会活着 感谢上帝
How is… Willie?
他怎么样… 威利?
He blames himself, doesn’t he?
他自责很深 是不是?
He’ll find someone else to blame in a few days.
这几天 你会发现另有人应受责备
I tried to call here at the hospital, but I just…
我想打电♥话♥到医院给他 但我就是…
Anne.

Anne, why did you do it?
安 你为何要这样做?
He wasn’t like anybody I ever knew before.
他不同于我所认识的任何人
You mean, he wasn’t like me.
你是说他不同于我
He wasn’t like anybody I ever knew before.
他不同于我过去认识的任何人
I love him, I guess. I guess that’s the reason.
我喜欢我的猜测 这就是原因吧
Everybody loves him.
每个人都是的
He wants to marry me.
他想要娶我
Are you going to? Not now. It would hurt him.
你要? 现在不行 会伤害他
A divorce would hurt his career.
离婚会伤害他的事业
“His career.” Jack.
他的事业? 杰克
Jack, what are you going to do?
杰克 你打算怎么办?
You can’t leave him now.
他现在需要你
He needs you now more than he ever did before.
比以前任何时候都更需要你
What Willie needs, Willie’s got.
威利需要的是他的勇气

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!