That takes training. That takes years of training.
那需要练习 需要花上多年练习
I see what Willie sees.
我知道威利想什么
Willie’s got big ideas, Jack. What do you mean?
威利有个伟大的计划 杰克 怎么说?
A girl like that could be a governor’s wife or even a president’s.
像这样的女人 可能做州长夫人甚至第♥一♥夫♥人♥
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
He ditched Lucy, he ditched me and he’ll ditch you.
他丢下露西 不要我也会不要你
Answer me!
回答我
He’ll ditch everybody,
你在世人和任何人为敌
because that’s what Willie wants.
这正是威利所希望的
Nobody in the world but him.
世上除了威利不会有别人
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
You and your high-toned friends.
你去写你高尚的文章吧
What do they know? What do they know about anything?
你知道什么 你知道些什么事情?
Why did you have to mix her in?
你为何要将她介绍给他认识?
You’re crazy, Sadie. You’re out of your mind. Am I?
疯狂的萨迪 你真是疯了 我是吗?
Why don’t you go down and ask her.
你为何不去问问她?
Or ask him. Ask Willie. Go ahead. Ask him, ask him.
或是问他 问威利 问他 问他
Shut up! Shut up!
闭嘴 闭嘴
Ow-w-w!
嗷
Oh-ho-ho-ho. Well.
哦 好
Nice catch.
不错的接球
All right, all the ends over here.
好 到这里结束吧
All the ends over this way. Come on.
所有的目标都达到了 加油
He’s off today.
他今天不太用心
It’s only practice. He’ll be all right tomorrow.
这只是练习 他明天就好了
You’ve been gone a long time, Jack.
你离开了很久
Yeah, I figured if you needed me, you’d yell.
我以为你需要我时 你会大叫
Why’d you lay around that hotel?
你为何在我旅馆附近徘徊?
Thinkin’. About what?
想事情 想什么?
Things.
事情
What did you find on the judge? Nothing.
你对于法官发现了什么? 一点也没有
You’re sure you didn’t find anything on the judge?
你确定没有发现法官任何问题?
Yeah, I’m sure. You’re going to keep trying, aren’t you?
是的 你一定会继续查下去
If you want me to. I want you to.
你希望我这样? 我希望
Something else I want you to do too. What?
还有些人也喜欢你这样 谁?
Bucket boy? Towel-swinger? What?
你的手下? 政♥治♥投机分子?
What’s eating you, Jack?
你吃错什么药了? 杰克
What else do you want me to do?
你还希望我做什么?
If you’ve got something on your mind, spit it out.
如果你心里有话就说出来
We’ve been together too long to play games.
我们之间的游戏玩太久了
What do you want me to do?
你希望我怎么做?
I hear your pal, Adam Stanton,
我听说你赞许亚当·斯坦顿
turned down the job as director of the hospital.
拒绝担任医学中心主任
That’s bad, especially at a time like this.
那太糟了 特别是在像这样的时候
Oh? How did you hear?
你是从那儿听来的?
Why? What difference does it make?
为什么? 这有差别吗?
I just wanted to know.
我就是想知道
I heard it around.
我听到传言的
How did you hear he turned it down?
你怎么知道他拒绝了 威利?
Be right back, Jack. I want to see what’s happening here.
我一会儿回来 我去看看什么事
You’re going to practice the way I tell you.
照我的训练方法去做
I’m gonna do it the way I want to do it. Tom, come here.
我只依我喜好去做 汤米 过来
What’s going on here?
发生什么事了?
I don’t care if he is your son, Governor.
我并不管他是不是你儿子 州长
No special rules for him.
他在这儿也不能有特权
Doesn’t make any difference to me whether I play or not.
你不高兴 开除我 随便你
It does to me. What do you want him to do?
让我来处理 你要他怎么样?
To behave himself like the rest of the boys.
像其他人一样能吃苦
Four times this season, he’s broken training.
他已经有四次不来参加集训
He was on the practice field halfpotted. Tom,
不参加练习 我们要处罚 汤米
you’re going to have to obey the rules.
我要你遵守规则
You heard me? Obey the rules.
你听到没?
I put ’em across, don’t I?
我也吃了苦了 不是吗?
Every Saturday, I put ’em across.
每个礼拜六我都来吃苦
I can still do it drunk or sober.
我仍然很少喝酒
That’s all you want, isn’t it?
那不是你所要求的?
For me to put ’em across so you can big-shot it around?
要我来吃苦成为大明星 不是吗?
Isn’t that all you want?
那不是你所希望的?
Tom.
汤米
He’s a little high-strung.
他很容易激动
Tom, come here! Tom!
汤米 过来 汤米
Come on, Tommy. Let’s go faster.
汤米 好刺♥激♥ 再开快一点
Come on!
快
It’s the governor’s son.
是州长的儿子
Willie, Mr. Hale’s here to see you.
威利 这位海尔先生要见你
Go on upstairs, Lucy.
你先下去
I have some business I want to talk over with Mr. Hale.
我和海尔先生谈谈
What I’ve got to say, anybody can listen to.
我要说的话 任何人都能听
Where is your boy? Now, now, don’t get excited.
你儿子呢? 你 你别冲动
Get me another drink, Sugar. My daughter may die.
再给我一杯 我女儿可能会死掉
She’s not gonna die.
她不会死
She’ll get the best medical attention there is.
她会受到最好的医治
No expense is gonna be spared.
我绝不会节省任何一分钱
Where is your boy?
你儿子在哪里?
I’ll get him. Wait a minute, Lucy.
我去叫他 等会儿 露西
He’s asleep,
他在睡觉
and the doctor said after a good night’s sleep, he’ll be all right.
医生说 睡个觉会没事
No. He won’t be all right
不 他不会没事
unless you make him all right.
除非你帮他解决
I’ll get him. Lucy!
我去叫他 露西
Care for a drink? No, thanks.
要喝一杯吗? 不 谢了
Accidents will happen, you know.
意外总是在所难免
“Accidents”? Your boy was drunk.
意外吗? 你儿子喝醉了
I saw the police report.
我看到警方的报告
There was nothing about drunkenness on the police report.
在警方记录上 根本没什么喝醉酒
Whose police and whose report?
什么警方? 什么报告?
I say the boy was drunk, and I know it.
我说那孩子喝醉酒 我知道的
Right here before your father, I want you… Mr. Hale.
当着你父亲的面 海尔先生
Tom, the doctor says you need rest, boy.
汤米 医生说你需要休息
I don’t want you to try to cover up for me.
我不需要你为我盖住这件案子
I was wrong. That’s all there is to it.
我犯错了 应为这件事负责
You don’t know what you’re talking about.
你知道你在说什么吗?
I saw the police report.
我看到警方的报告
I don’t care what the police report says.
我才不管什么警方的报告
I was driving, and I was drunk.
由我开车而我当时喝醉酒
It’s all my fault.
一切都是我的错
Anything you want to do to me, you can do.
你想对我采取任何行动 就来吧
Whatever you want me to do, I’ll do.
你要我做任何事 我都听你的
Nobody has to do anything.
没有人会叫你做任何事
Stop worrying. I’ll take care of everything.
别担心 我会处理一切
I don’t want you to take care of anything.
我不要你处理任何事
Tom, go on upstairs and get some rest, boy.
汤 上楼去休息吧
Go on. Go on. Go on.
上去 上去
Sugar, help him.
矮个儿 扶着他
Mr. Hale.
海尔先生
Come on over and sit down.
我们何不坐下来谈
Sure you wouldn’t care for a drink, Mr. Hale?
你确定你不要喝一杯吗?
Hey, Tiny. Go home, will ya?
泰尼 你先出去?
Go on. Out of here. Go on.
别留在这儿
What business did you say you were in? I didn’t say.
你说你在做什么? 我没说
What business are you in? Trucking business.
那么你是做哪一行的? 卡车业
Trucking business.
卡车业
Trucks run on state roads.
州际公路上的卡车
If a man in the trucking business
这种卡车业
had a contract with the state a big one,
可以和州政♥府♥订个合约
that’d be pretty good, wouldn’t it?
那样的话不是很好吗?
Go, on, Jack, tell him what would happen. Go on, tell him.
快 杰克 你告诉他 快点
You’re trying to bribe me, aren’t you?
你想收买♥♥我 是不是?
No, no. I’m not trying to bribe you.
不 不 我不是要收买♥♥你
I’m only talking things over with you, that’s all.
我只是和你交换意见 如此而已