Undecided?
没决定的?
Guilty?
赞成有罪的?
Hey, Max.
麦克斯
Where’s Hannah?
汉娜呢?
I left her at my parents’.
留在我父母家了
How’d you get here?
你怎么来的?
Drove.
开车来的
In the storm?
在这种天气?
Got something needs to be said in person.
有些话我想亲口对你说
I’ve been blaming you for all that’s happened.
我曾为发生的一切责怪你
But it’s not your fault. You didn’t kill those boys.
但那不是你的错 你没杀那些人
You were trying to make things right.
你是想伸张正义
I know that now.
现在我明白了
I thought you took this case because you wanted to prove…
我以为你接这个案子是为了证明…
what a big time lawyer you were.
你是多么了不起的律师
But I was wrong.
但我错了
You took this case because…
你接这个案子是因为…
if those boys…
如果那些人…
had hurt Hannah…
伤害了汉娜…
the way they hurt Tonya…
象伤害唐雅那样…
you would’ve killed them too.
你也会杀了他们
Baby. Come here.
宝贝 过来
Come here.
过来
I love you Jake.
我爱你 杰克
I thought I was going to lose you.
我以为我要失去你了
We’re going to lose this case.
我们的案子要输了
There are no points of law to argue here.
没有重要的辩护点
I want to cop a plea.
我想认罪请求从轻处罚
Maybe Buckley’ll cop us a…
也许只会判…
second-degree murder and we can get you life in prison.
二级谋杀罪 这样能保住你的命
I can’t do no life in prison.
我不能再苟且偷生
Get me out. If it was you on trial…
救我出去 如果是你在受审…
It’s not me.
现在不是我
We’re not the same.
我们不一样
The jury has to identify with the defendant.
陪审团必须认同被告
They see you, they see a yardworker. They see me…
你是个工场工人 而我…
they see an attorney. You live on the hill.
是个律师 你住在贫民区
With you white and I’m black.
加上你是白人 我是黑人
See, Jake?
知道吗 杰克?
You think just like them.
你和他们想法一样
That’s why I picked you.
所以我选了你
You’re one of them, don’t you see?
你是他们的一份子 明白吗?
But the fact is…
但实际上…
you’re just like them.
你和他们一样
When you look at me, you don’t see a man.
你看着我时 看到的不是一个人
You see a black man.
而是一个黑人
I am your friend.
我是你的朋友
We ain’t no friends.
我们不是朋友
We’re on different sides of the line.
我们不是同一类人
I ain’t never seen you in my part of town.
我从没在我的地头见过你
I bet you. You don’t know where I live.
我打赌你不知道我住哪
Our daughters…
我们的女儿…
won’t play together.
不会一起玩耍
What do you mean?
你是指什么?
America…
美国…
is a war…
在进行战争…
and you’re on the other side.
而你是另一边的人
How a black man ever going to get a fair trial…
一个黑人怎么可能得到公正的审判…
with the enemy on the bench and the jury box?
当坐在长椅上的陪审团都是敌人时?
My life in white hands.
我的性命掌握在白人手中
You, Jake.
你的手中
That’s how.
这就是原因
You’re my secret weapon,
你是我的秘密武器
because you’re one of the bad guys.
因为你是坏人中的一份子
You don’t mean to be, but you are.
你不愿意 但这是事实
It’s how you’s raised.
你生来就是
” Nigger, Negro, black…
黑鬼 黑家伙 黑人…
African-American.”
非裔美国人
No matter how you see me…
不管你怎么看我…
you see me as different.
在你眼中我都有所不同
You see me like that jury sees me.
你看我就和陪审团看我一样
You are them.
你就是他们
Now, throw out your points of law, Jake.
现在 抛开你的法律观点 杰克
If you…
如果你…
was on that jury…
作为陪审员…
what would it take to convince you…
有什么能说服你…
to set me free?
给我自♥由♥?
That’s how you’ll save my ass.
这样你才能救我
That’s how you save us both.
才能救我们俩
Is Carl Lee Hailey insane?
卡尔·李精神失常了吗?
It’s a notion so outrageous…
这一点非同小可…
the only witness the defense could produce to support it…
辩方能提供的 唯一支持这个观点的证人…
was a convicted felon.
曾被判过重罪
He is not insane.
他没有精神失常
This is a man who is a confessed murderer.
这个人曾承认是谋杀犯
This is a man who admitted…
这个人在证人席上…
on this stand…
亲口承认过…
to carrying out the sentence he believed the alleged rapists…
他认为被指控强♥奸♥他女儿的人
of his daughter deserved!
应该被处死
He’s taken justice out of your hands!
他从你们手中攫走正义
And put it in his own.
交到自己手中
And with those hands…
而他用那双手…
he took the lives of two young men!
夺走了两个年轻人的生命
We feel terrible over what happened to his daughter.
我们为他女儿的遭遇感到震惊
But feeling terrible…
但感到震惊也好…
and knowing something is wrong
知道有些事是错的也好
does not give any of us…
都不能给我们任何人…
a right to kill.
杀人的权利
Everyone, your duty is clear.
各位 你们的职责很明了
All in this courtroom know the truth.
法庭上在座的人都知道真♥相♥
All in this state know the truth.
这个州的人都知道真♥相♥
Now you need only find the courage…
现在你们只要找到勇气…
to speak the words:
来说这句话:
“Carl Lee Hailey…
卡尔·李…
is guilty! ”
有罪
Guilty!
有罪
Guilty!
有罪
State rests, Your Honor.
陈述完毕 庭上
Now, I had a great summation all worked out…
我准备了一段很不错的陈述…
full of some sharp lawyering…
充斥着种种专业术语…
but I’m not doing it.
但我不打算用它
I’m here to apologize.
我要在这道歉
I am young, and I am inexperienced.
我年轻 缺乏经验
But you cannot hold Carl Lee Hailey responsible…
但你们不能因为我的不足 而将责任强加于…
for my shortcomings.
卡尔·李
In all this legal maneuvering…
在大斗法律谋略的同时…
something got lost.
有件事被忽略了
That something is the truth.
那就是真♥相♥
It is incumbent upon us lawyers…
高于职业操守之上的责任…
not to just talk about the truth…
不仅仅是谈论真♥相♥…
but to actually seek it…
还要去寻求它…
to find it, to live it.
找到它 呈现它
My teacher taught me that.
我的老师这样教过我
Let’s take Dr. Bass, for example.
比如说巴斯医生
I would never knowingly put a convicted felon on the stand.
我决不会故意找一个有前科的人作证
I hope you believe that.
希望你们相信这一点
But what is the truth?
但真♥相♥是什么?
That he’s a disgraced liar?
他是个可耻的骗子吗?
What if I told you…
如果我告诉大家…
the woman he was accused of raping was 17,
他被控强♥奸♥的女性是17岁