In fact, he behaved abominably.
不对,他只是追求的时机不当
Not abominably. He only tried when he should not have tried.
当然,说令人不齿也太过分了
No, of course, abominable is too strong a word.
– 抱歉,还是别说的好 – 乔治要来接我去伦敦
– It’s no good discussing this. – George is taking me to London.
他在此会受不了,我又得和他在一起
He can’t bear to be here, and I must be where he is.
他说一想到会见到你…或听到你的事…
He says the thought of seeing you or hearing about you …
爱默森先生,请别为了我而走,我要去希腊
Mr. Emerson, please don’t go on my account. I’m going to Greece.
别离开你这温暖的家
Don’t leave your comfortable house. You mustn’t!
你为何要去希腊?
Why are you going to Greece?
我觉得你是在逃避
Forgive me, but it seems to me you’re in a muddle.
依我看你去希腊还有退婚的原因…
I think the reason you’re going to Greece and you’ve broken off your engagement,
巴特列小姐告诉我,是因为你爱乔治…
Miss Bartlett told me, is that you love George.
你美丽的脸上失去了光彩
All the light’s gone out of your pretty face.
和乔治的情形一样
Just like it’s gone out of George.
我又让你伤心了,小姐,请原谅我
I can’t bear it and now I’ve made you cry. Forgive me.
但我现在要去希腊了,票已经买♥♥了,都准备好了
But I’ve got to go to Greece now. The ticket’s bought and everything.
– 不可能了 – 只有一件事不可能
– It’s impossible! – There’s only one thing impossible.
就是让爱人分开
That’s to love and to part.
露西
Lucy!
你爱乔治
You love George.
你全心全意爱着他,就像他爱你一样
You love the boy body and soul, as he loves you.
我才没有
But of course I do.
你们都想到哪去了?
What did you all think?
– 然后… – 不,我母亲在叫我,我得走了
– Then … – No. Mother’s calling. I’ve got to go.
她们相信我
They trust me.
为什么?你欺骗了每一个人
Why should they? When you deceived everyone
包括你自己
including yourself.
夏绿蒂,来坐这里,走吧
Charlotte, sit here. Go on, Powell.
– 一个星期在意大利,然后到希腊 – 希腊可能不去了
– One week Italy, then Greece. – Greece may be canceled.
– 什么? – 停车
– What? – Do stop!
– 露西可能有话要说 – 停车
– I think Lucy has something to tell us. – Stop the horse!
亲爱的夏绿蒂,经过长途旅行
Dear Charlotte, after an awful journey
在我们行李遗失两次后,我们到了佛罗伦斯
when our luggage went missing twice, we reached Florence.
那个饭店完全没变
You’ll be glad to hear that the Pensione Bertolini is its dear self.
老板娘依然颐指气使
The Cockney signora still terrorizes the staff.
连客人都仿若另一批的爱伦小姐,赖小姐,毕伯先生
Her guests are another set of Miss Alans, Miss Lavish, Mr. Beebe
– 夏绿蒂,还有露西 – 她答应要给我们有景色的房♥间
– and Charlotte and Lucy. – We were promised rooms with a view.
明天一早,我就去找她换房♥间
Hush, we mustn’t. First thing tomorrow, I shall have a bone to pick with the signora.
太不公平了
It’s so unfair!
你们不觉得第一次来佛罗伦斯的人一定要住有景色的房♥间吗?
Don’t you agree that, on one’s first visit to Florence, one must have a room with a view?
我们的就有
We have a view.
再吻我一次
Kiss me again.
– 再一次 – 我在看信啊!
– Again. – I’m reading.
– 你在看什么? – 佛莱迪写来的信
– What are you reading? – It’s from Freddy.
信上怎么说?
What does he say?
傻小子,他觉得很有面子
Silly boy, he thinks he’s being dignified.
因为大家都知道我们私奔了
I mean, everybody knew we were going away in the spring.