Beauty!
自♥由♥
Espoir!
那不是你儿子吗?
Is that your son?
乔治,不能叫他安静吗?
Could that be the silent, dour George?
他在发泄他的感受
He’s saying his creed.
再来一点,麻烦一下!毕伯先生
One more lump, if I might trouble you, Mr. Beebe.
真理
Joy!
美景!
Beauty!
真理!
Joy …
他在宣布永恒的肯定
He’s declaring the eternal “yes”.
有没有汤匙?
And a spoon, if there is one.
爱!
Love!
– 什么声音? – 绅士在玩游戏
– What’s that? – The gentlemen are doubtless having a game.
你为何不加入他们呢?
Why don’t you join them, dear?
因为我要在此与你们在一起
I want to stop here with you.
看我一向都带着它才出外的
Observe my foresight. I never venture forth without my mackintosh squares.
任何时候,它都可来放湿地上或冷石头上
At any time, one may have to sit on damp ground or cold marble.
来,露西!还有一个
Lucy, you have the other one.
我坚持你坐,我比较适合坐地上
Come on, I insist. The ground will do for me.
多年来我都没这样子,如果我无法这么做,我会宁愿站着!
I have not had rheumatism for years, and if I feel a twinge I’ll stand up.
她没再回威布里治?
And she never went back to Weybridge?
是的,她必须自己走,他一个人留下
Her friend had to return without her. She remained at Monteriano.
她真的…?
And did she really …
不要紧张,没有感冒
No, no. Don’t be alarmed. This is not a cold.
只是有一点咳,已经三天了
Just a slight cough. I’ve had it for three days.
和坐在地上无关
Nothing to do with sitting on the ground.
我去找毕伯先生
I shall go and find Mr. Beebe.
走吧,亲爱的!他一定会很高兴的
Oh, do, dear. He will be so pleased.
– 她真的嫁给意大利人 – 在蒙特利亚那教堂结的婚
– Did she really marry this Italian? – In the church at Monteriano.
嫁给一个年轻她十岁的人
A youth. Ten years younger than herself.
埃莉诺!
Eleanor!
抱歉
Excuse me.
毕伯先生呢?
Dove Mr. Beebe?
(意大利语)
Buoni uomini?
我有个感觉,在意大利
I think there is something in the Italian landscape
有些事物本身就代表着情调
which inclines even the most stolid to romance.
使我想起夏佛
It reminds me somewhat of the country around Shropshire.
我在那儿和一个朋友爱斯小姐度过一个假日
Where I once spent a holiday at the home of my friend Miss Apesbury.
我想…你在那里一定有段奇遇
And I divine it, Charlotte. You had an adventure there.
不要否认
Vain to deny it.
露西!
Lucy!
依格先生,请加入我们,汉妮小姐感觉难过…
Mr. Eager, do come and join us. Miss Honeychurch is feeling unwell.
爱迪
Andiamo.
爱迪
Andiamo!
乔治,乔治
George. George.
– 你不和我们一起走吗? – 不,我想走路
– Aren’t you coming with us? – I’ll walk.
走路?
Are you sure?
(意大利语)
勇敢些,汉妮小姐,自信些
Courage, Miss Honeychurch, and faith.
你认为这么恶劣的天气是因你或我而引起的吗?
Do you suppose this display is called into existence to extinguish you or me?
以科学观点来看,这也不寻常
Even scientifically, the chances against being struck are enormous.
钢制的餐刀在另一个箱子
The steel knives that might attract the current are in the other carriage.
到底是怎么回事?
What is to be done?
如何叫他别说出来?
How do you propose to silence him?
– 那车夫? – 不是,是乔治•爱默森先生
– The driver? – My dear girl, no. Mr. George Emerson.
我不想下评论,但我知道他会说出
I don’t wish to be uncharitable, but I know he will talk.
但他不会的,永远不会
He will not. He never talks.
能听到他说话,就算是幸运的人了
One’s lucky to get as much as a “yes” or “no” out of him.
真不幸,我以前也碰过这种人
Unfortunately, I have met the type before.
他们很少对自己保持沉默
They seldom keep their exploits to themselves.
沉默
Exploits?
好吧.我会和他谈
Very well. I’ll speak to him.
不,露西,应该由我来做
Oh, no, my dear Lucy. I think it is for me to do that.
就算是走路,他一小时前该到此地
He should have been here at least an hour ago.
别站在那里!亲爱的!外面会看见你的
Don’t stand there, dear. You will be seen from the outside.
他一回来我就要找他
The moment he comes, I shall face him.
不行,你不能这么做
No, my dear, you will do no such thing.
可怜的女孩,你年纪太小了!
My poor dear girl, you are so young!
你一直生活在善良人群中,你不了解男人的
You’ve always lived among such nice people. You cannot realize what men can be.
今天下午如果我没出现,又将如何?
This afternoon, if I had not arrived, what would have happened?
– 我无法想像 – 回答我,露西
– I can’t think. – Answer me, Lucia.
如果不是我去,将会如何?
What would have happened had I not appeared?
可是你来了!
You did appear!
我们老是无法沟通
Oh, I have vexed you at every turn.
我们之间有代沟!而且我使你感到乏味
It’s true. I am too old for you. And too dull.
我们明天搭早班火车
It will be a push to catch the morning train.
我的任务失败了,假如你告诉你母亲,她永远不会原谅我的
I have failed in my duty to your mother. She will never forgive me when you tell her.
别站在窗口!
Come away from the window!
当她听到后一定会责怪我的
She will certainly blame me when she hears of it.
当然
Certainly.
当然
And deservedly.
– 为什么一定要告诉母亲? – 你不是凡事都告诉她的吗?
– Why need Mother hear of it? – Well, you tell her everything. Don’t you?
通常是的!
I suppose I do, generally.
你们之间的信任真好
There’s such a beautiful confidence between you.
别人不愿去破坏的!
One would hate to break it.
正如我所说的,要怪该怪我
And, as I’ve said before, I am to blame.
我想母亲不会这么认为的
I wouldn’t want Mother to think so.
如果你告诉她,她就会…
She will think so, if you tell her.
我不会告诉母亲或是任何人的
I shall never speak of it to Mother or anyone.
我们谁都不说出去
We’ll both be as silent as the grave.
你快去睡吧!明天得早起呢!
You’d better get to bed, dear. We have to make an early start.
我们不满一星期
But, of course, we have not had a full week.
但你是订了一个星期的房♥间
I reserved them for a week like you wrote you wanted.
但我们只住了半个星期,所以只付一半费用
Yes, but we’ve only had half a week, so I calculate we owe you half the price.
那我吃亏了!一向都是我使唤别人的!
I’m the loser. I could have let them rooms five times over.
(意大利语)
Buonasera. Grazie.
露西,我们得立刻收拾行李!
Lucy! We must get packed immediately!
我要和你谈谈,爱默森先生,请到客厅吧!
I wish to have a word with you, Mr. Emerson, in the drawing room, please.
– 你不该偷看的,妈妈 – 西索请求我的允许
– You shouldn’t peep. – Cecil asked my permission,
没有我,他办不到
but he can’t manage without me.
– 我也一样 – 你?
– Nor me. – You?
– 他也要求我答应 – 很好,你怎么说?
– He asked my permission also. – Whatever did you say?
– 我不答应 – 什么?
– I said no. – What?
我没办法,他认为露西能嫁给他是她的福气
It’s the way he put it. Wouldn’t it be a splendid thing for Lucy if he married her?
而我也会很有面子,所以我拒绝
Wasn’t I off my head with joy? So I said no, I wasn’t.
傻孩子,你自认为清高,但这是不切实际的
Ridiculous child. You think you’re so holy and truthful, but it’s just conceit.
当心!
Look out!
(意大利语)
I promessi spose!
– 她接受我了 – 我真是太高兴了
– She has accepted me. – I’m so glad.
西索,真是太好了
Dear Cecil, what joy!
– 欢迎你成为这家庭的一分子 – 谢谢
– Well, welcome as one of the family. – Thank you.
– 母亲? – 露西
– Mother? – Lucy.
佛莱迪!
Freddy!
– 毕伯先生 – 谢谢你,玛丽
– Mr. Beebe. – Thank you, Mary.
你好,凡斯先生,我是来喝杯茶的,可以吗?
Hello, Mr. Vyse, I’ve come for tea. Do you suppose I shall get it?
食物只是来这里的一部分原因
Food is the one thing one does get here.
– 是个怪东西! – 是佛莱迪的骨头
– What an extraordinary thing! – One of Freddy’s bones.
佛莱迪真是个可怕的年青人,和他姐姐不一样!
He’s terrible. A most unpromising youth. So unlike his sister.
你认为她成熟吗?
You think his sister is promising?
我对汉妮小姐有个看法
I have a pet theory about Miss Honeychurch.

Is it not odd that she should play Beethoven with such passion and live so quietly?
我想有一天…
I suspect that one day …
..音乐和生活融合
… music and life will mingle.
她会把二者都处理得很好
Then she will be wonderful in both.
我相信这种日子已经存在了,她刚刚答应嫁给我了
I trust that day is at hand. She has just promised to marry me.
抱歉,如果我使你感到惊讶
I’m sorry if I’ve given you a shock.
我认为你们是非常相配的一对
I’m awfully sorry. I’d no idea you were so intimate with her.
我们去加入他们好吗?
You should have stopped me. Shall we join the others?
恭喜!
Congratulations.
祝福你们
Blessings. Your vicar’s benediction.
我希望你们非常幸福,快乐
I want you to be supremely happy.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!