You? Fisher? Suffolk?
我推举费舍
哈 但是对国王而言呢?
Fisher for me.
Aye, but for the King?
我的秘书克伦威尔大人怎么样?
What about my secretary,Master Cromwell?
克伦威尔 他很有能力
Cromwell He’s a very able man.
但是?
But?
我倒宁愿我来当
Me rather than Cromwell.
这才说到正题了
Then, come down to earth.
除非你支持我
Until you do…
你和我就是敌人
…you and I are enemies.
正如大人希望的那样
As Your Grace wishes.
正如上帝所愿
As God wills.
也许 大人
Perhaps, Your Grace.
莫尔 你应该去当个牧师
More! You should have been a cleric!
就像您一样吗 大人?
Like yourself, Your Grace?
晚安 托马斯爵士
Goodnight, Sir Thomas.
托马斯爵士
Sir Thomas.
托马斯爵士
Sir Thomas.
托马斯爵士
Sir Thomas.
这是什么? 这是一些穷苦人们的新意 来自莱斯特的
What’s this?
From some grateful poor folk, in Leicester.
莱斯特? 您的慷慨您自己都没有觉察
Leicester? You do more good than you know, sir.
我的女儿有个案子 爵士 在穷♥人♥事务法庭
My daughter has a case, sir, in the Court of Poor Man’s Causes.
吃烤苹果吗 爵士?
Baked apples, sir.
你想让我的判决对你有利吗?
To sweeten my judgement.
我给你女儿的判决会如同给我自己女儿一样
I’ll give your daughter the same judgement I would give my own.
公平的判决 很快
A fair one, quickly.
上帝保佑您 先生
Bless you, sir.
我知道 好的 我会读的 谢谢你们
I understandYes I’ll read it.YesThank you.
晚上好 托马斯爵士
Good evening, Sir Thomas.
我会读的 这是个难办的案子
I’ll read it. It’s an awkward case.
我想向您说明一下 我会读的
I could illuminate it for you… I’ll read it.
只要一小会儿
Just a moment or two…
船夫!
Boat!
先生!
Sir?
去切尔西吗?先生?
Chelsea, sir?
切尔西
Chelsea.
您会付好价钱吗 先生?
I expect you’ll make it worth my while, sir.
你有执照吧? 上帝保佑你 是的先生 我有执照的
You’ve got a licence? Bless you, yes sir, I’ve got a licence.
那好 船费就是固定的了 是啊 先生
Well then, the fares are fixed. They are, sir.
汉普顿到切尔西 顺流而下 一个半便士
Hampton to Chelsea downstream, a penny halfpenny.
切尔西到汉普顿 逆流而上 还是一个半便士
Chelsea to Hampton upstream,a penny halfpenny.
制订法律的一定都是没摇过船的
Whoever makes the regulations doesn’t row a boat.
不 你在早餐之前送我到家 我给你三便士
NoThreepence if you get me home for breakfast.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
这个杯子不错 先生
A nice cup, sir.
对
Yes.
这是这很值钱的 先生
That’s worth money, sir.
小心 先生
Mind a way, sir.
谢谢您 先生
Thank you, sir.
你在这里待了一整夜? 对
Have you been here all night? Yes.
您说过有个职位
You said there was a post?
是的 我会给你一个职位 一幢房♥子和一个仆人还有一年五十镑
Yes I’ll offer you a post, with a house, a servant and $50 a year.
什么职位?
What post?
在新学校里
At the new school.
当老师?
A teacher
理查德 没有人会给你在法♥院♥的职位的
Richard, no one’s going to give you a place at court.
克伦威尔先生说过他会帮我的
Master Cromwell says he’ll do something for me.
克伦威尔?
Cromwell?
要是你认识克伦威尔 就不需要我的帮助
Well, if you know Cromwell you don’t need my help.
托马斯爵士?
Sir Thomas?
您要知道我是多么希望求您而不是去求他
If only you knew how much, much rather, I had your help than his.
不能在法♥院♥给你职位
Not to a place at court.
为什么?
Why not?
看这个
Look.
这是什么? 这是贿赂
What is it? It’s a bribe!
“我是阿佛瑞·玛辛的礼物”
” I am the gift of Averil Machin.”
阿佛瑞·玛辛在上诉法♥院♥有一桩案子
And Averil Machin has a lawsuit in the Court of Requests.
意大利银器 你拿着吧 说真的
Italian silver. Take it. No joke.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你会拿它怎么办?
What will you do with it?
卖♥♥掉它
Sell it.
买♥♥什么呢?买♥♥一身体面的长袍
And buy what A decent gown!
理查德 这只是一个小小的贿赂
But Richard, that’s a little bribe.
在法♥院♥ 他们会贿赂你各种东西 住♥宅♥ 庄园 盾徽
At court they offer you all sorts of things, home, manor houses, coats of arms.
一个男人应该去他不会被诱惑的地方
A man should go where he won’t be tempted.
为什么不做教师呢?你会是一位好教师
甚至是很伟大的一位
Why not be a teacher? You’d be a fine teacher. Perhaps a great one.
就算我是 谁会知道呢? 你自己 你的学生 你的朋友
lf I was, who would know it? You! Your pupils, your friends.
还有上帝 很多人都会知道
God not a bad public, that.
还有一个宁静的生活
And a quiet life.
你和主教谈话之后就这么说?
You say that you come from talking with the Cardinal.
对 和红衣主教谈话之后
Yes, talking with the Cardinal.
那些军国大事会让你殚精竭虑 不是吗?
It’s eating your heart out, isn’t it? The high affairs of state.
离婚的事情?
The divorce?
船夫!
Boatman!
先生?
Sir?
带这位先生去新客栈 好的 先生
Take this gentleman to the New Inn! Right, sir.
托马斯爵士?
Sir Thomas?
谢谢您
Thank you.
做教师吧
Be a teacher.
马修 爵士
Matthew. Sir.
爱丽斯夫人还在睡觉吗? 是的 先生
Lady Alice in bed? Yes, sir.
玛格丽特小姐呢? 没有 先生
Lady Margaret? No, sir.
罗珀大人来了 爵士
The Master Roper’s here, sir.
这个时辰?谁让他进来的?
At this hour? Who let him in?
很难把他拒之门外的 先生
He’s a hard man to keep out, sir.
威尔要娶我 父亲
Will wants to marry me, Father.
他不能娶你
Well, he can’t marry you.
托马斯爵士 我马上要进入律政界了
Sir Thomas, I’m called to the Bar.
祝贺你 罗珀
Oh, congratulations, Roper.
我的家世虽然不在皇宫 但是在城里…
My family may not be at the palace, but in the city…
你的家世没有什么问题 威尔
There’s nothing wrong with your family, Will.
你本身也没有什么问题
There’s not much wrong with you.
除了你似乎需要一座钟
Except you seem to need a clock.
我会买♥♥一座钟的 爵士
I can buy a clock, sir.
罗珀 我的回答是不
Roper, the answer is no…
只要你还是一个异教♥徒♥ 回答就是不
…and will be no as long as you’re a heretic.
我可不喜欢这个称呼 托马斯爵士!
Now, that’s a word I don’t like, Sir Thomas!
这不是一个让人喜欢的词 是不让人喜欢的事情
It’s not a likeable word or thing.
教会自己才是异端!路德博士已经让我相信了这一点!
The Church is heretical! Dr.Luther’s proved that to my satisfaction!
路德是被逐出教会的
Luther is an excommunicate!
是被一个异端的教会逐出的!教会?简直就像杂货铺
From a heretic Church! Church? It’s a shop!
用钱来买♥♥救赎 还有离婚!威尔 别
Salvation by the shilling! And divorces!
Will, no!
我知道的我就要说!你说话该看场合!
What I know, I’ll say! You’ve no sense of the place!
他是不知道看时间
He’s no sense of the time.
听着 威尔
Now listen well.
两年前你还是一个充满激♥情♥的教♥徒♥
Two years ago you were a passionate churchman.
现在你是一个充满激♥情♥的路德派
Now you’re a passionate Lutheran.
我们看来得祈祷 让你在脑袋停止乱转的时候
We must just pray that when your head’s finished turning…
你的脸还会向前看
…your face is to the front again.
你的马在吗? 不 先生 我走过来的
Is your horse here? No, sir, I walked.
从马厩牵一匹马回家去吧
Well, take a horse from the stables and get back home.
走吧
Go along.
我还能再来吗?
May I come again?
可以 很快
YesSoon.
这是最后的决定了吗?爸爸?
Is that final, Father?
只要他还是异教♥徒♥ 梅格 那就是确定无疑的
As long as he’s a heretic, Meg, that’s absolute.
沃尔西想要你干什么?
What did Wolsey want?
威尔是个不错的小伙子
Nice boy, young Will.
只是太固执己见了一点
Terribly strong principles, though.