如果这还不足以保全一个人的性命
And if this be not enough to keep a man alive…
那么我诚恳的说 我无权再活下去
…then in good faith, I long not to live.
然而
Nevertheless…
并不是由于王权的原因我被判死刑
…it is not for the supremacy that you have sought my blood…
而是由于我不会向国王的这个婚姻低头!
…but because I would not bend to the marriage!
你被判叛国罪
You have been found guilty of high treason.
法庭判决你被送往
The sentence of the court is that you be taken…
伦敦塔
…to the Tower of London…
直到你的死刑
…until the day hence to the appointment…
的时间和地点决定为止
…for your execution!
陛下命令我讲的简短
I am commanded by the King to be brief…
作为陛下的恭顺的仆人
…and since I am the King’s obedient subject…
我会简短
…brief I will be.
我生来是国王的臣民
I die His Majesty’s good servant…
但是我首先是上帝的臣民
…but God’s first.
我原谅你
I forgive you, right readily.
不要惧怕履行你的职务
Be not afraid of your office.
你是送我去上帝那里
You send me to God.
你确信这一点吗 托马斯爵士?
You’re very sure of that, Sir Thomas?
他不会拒绝这么一位愉快地追随他的人
He will not refuse one who is so blithe to go to him.
托马斯·莫尔的头被悬在叛国门上一个月之久
Thomas More’s head was stuck on Traitor’s Gate for a month.
然后他的女儿 玛格丽特 将它取下来 一直保存到她去世
Then his daughter, Margaret, removed it and kept it ’til her death.
克伦威尔在莫尔死后五年被判叛国罪斩首示众
Cromwell was beheaded for high treason five years after More.
大主教被烧死在火刑柱上
The Archbishop was burned at the stake.
诺福克公爵本来应该被判叛国罪
The Duke of Norfolk should have been executed for high treason…
但是国王在前一夜由于梅毒而驾崩
..but the King died of syphilis the night before.
理查德·里奇成为英格兰的大♥法♥官
Richard Rich became Chancellor of England…
最后老死在家中
..and died in his bed.