事实如此 罗伯特
It is what it is, Robert.
给我坐下
Sit down!
住手 拜托你们别这样
Stop! Don’t do that, please.
别在我的房♥子里打架 拜托
Not in my house, please.
够了 出去 你们都就此打住
That’s enough. Out! All of you, stop it.
-舒服了吗 -马上离开 拜托
– Feel better? – Leave now, please.
-她不是你的财产 -那我是你的财产
– She’s not your property. – I’m your property.
我是你的财产 我们都他妈是你的财产
I’m your property. We are all your fucking property!
我猜想你的生活肯定是一团糟
Well, I guess your life is a mess!
这么多年来
For the first time in many years,
我第一次爱上一个人 你知道吗
I love someone, and you know what?
这次我不会放弃
This time, I’m not gonna give it up.
打住 丹尼尔 打住
Stop it, Daniel. Stop it.
我烦死你们这帮人了 出去
I am sick of the bunch of you. Out.
对不起
I’m sorry.
你们一点也不尊重音乐
You have no respect for the music.
-你本该告诉我 -也不尊重彼此
– You should’ve told me. – Each other.
一点尊重也没有
Nothing.
抱歉 罗伯特 请等一下
I’m sorry. Robert, wait, please.
我这就上楼
I’m going upstairs,
当我回来时 我希望你们都走了
when I come back, I want you gone.
别跟着我 你早该告诉我的
Don’t follow me! You should’ve told me!
忘了音乐会吧
Forget about the concert.
不会有音乐会 什么都不会有
There’s no concert. No nothing.
难以置信
Can’t believe this.
当25年前你让我帮你建立四重奏乐团时
When you asked me 25 years ago… to help you form a quartet,
我就知道如此年长意味着什么
I understood what it meant to be so much older.
我知道有那么一天我得让位
I knew that one day I’d have to step aside.
我只是没有想到会这么艰难
I simply never imagined it would be so difficult.
而且同时还要看着四重奏乐团
And to watch the quartet
在我面前化为乌有 这种感觉
evaporate in front of me at the same time, it’s…
不像是别的 就是场噩梦
It’s not like anything. It’s a nightmare.
这对我来说也是场噩梦
It’s a nightmare for me, too.
你必须马上结束你这段感情
You must end this relationship right now.
不论你怎么想
Whatever you think it is,
不论你认为你自己在做什么 结束它
whatever you think you’re doing… end it.
不行
No.
不行 我做不到
No, I can’t do that.
看来这么多年的合作没让你学会什么
Then working together has taught you nothing.
我真为你感到羞耻
Shame on you.
如果你以一种特定的方式欣赏这些画
If you look at these pictures in a certain way,
就会觉得它们对你打开一扇大门
it’s as if they open up.
仿佛能让你进入画中与这些人相遇
One might go inside and meet these people.
他们在那观看着 聆听着
They’ve been here watching, listening.
米莉亚认为人是可以和画中人物交流思想的
Miriam felt that one might exchange thoughts with them.
她特别喜欢这幅
She liked this one in particular.
17世纪荷兰最伟大画家之一 以光暗技术著名
今天这幅伦伯朗的画向你传达什么了
And what does Rembrandt say to you today?
我是老大 我是画家中的王者
“I’m the boss. I’m the king of painters.
我知道我很伟大
“I’m very great and I know it.
即使我变老了 但我仍处在力量的巅峰
“I’m getting old, but still, I’m at the height of my power.”
看他那阴暗下凝视的双眼 他很强大
Look at the gaze from the shadow, he’s strong.
他在金色着装下略显傻气 这他也知道
He’s a bit silly, in his gold dress and all, he knows that,
但是他的身体和思想没有辜负他
but still, his body and mind have not betrayed him.
至少那时还没有
Not yet.
很鼓舞人心
It’s inspiring.
我自己的身体和思想就是另外一♥码♥事了
My own body and mind is a different story.
我现在吃的药
The drugs I’m taking
药效没法持续那么久
aren’t going to work for all that much longer.
时间一到 我就会变得焦虑
In time, they’ll make me anxious,
开始胡思乱想
I’ll begin to imagine things,
之后我便会依靠他人
and after that I’ll be dependent on other people
来喂我吃饭 给我穿衣服 帮我洗澡
to feed me, dress me, bathe me.
这些天我在想怎么才能避免恶化成那样
These days I think about how to avoid that.
我会成为一个累赘
I’m being a burden.
彼得 你永远都不会是累赘
Peter, you’ll never be a burden.
我想照顾你
I want to take care of you.
你还有四重奏乐团
You have the quartet.
你还有罗伯特和亚历山德拉要照顾
You have Robert and Alexandra to look after,
你要引导他们 照料他们
guide them, take care of them.
所以拜托你 让乐团团结在一起
So please, keep the quartet together.
这样就能让我开心
Make me happy.
行吗
Ok?
我1963年出生在纽约市
I was born in New York City, in 1963.
我妈妈雷诺·佛朗索瓦斯
My mother, Francoise Reynaud,
和彼得一起在哈德森弦乐四重奏乐团演奏
played in the Hudson String Quartet with Peter.
他们是最亲密的朋友
He was her closest friend.
我妈妈去世后 乐团便解散了
And my mother died, and the quartet broke up.
她是在生我时去世的
She died while in childbirth with me.
我和吉尔·布雷顿一起学琴到16岁
I studied with Gil Breton, until I was 16,
那时彼得安排我在
when Peter arranged for
朱利亚德学习 还提供给我奖学金
me to study at Juilliard, under scholarship,
之后我搬到这
and then I moved here,
他和米莉亚邀请我和他们一起住
he and Miriam invited me to live with them.
很开心 他们成了我的家人
Happily, they became my family.
但是真正让生命的一切开始变得美好的
But truly, everything in my life that was good
是他们对我无微不至的爱
happened as a result of their incredible love for me.
我们建立了赋格
We formed the Fugue,
之后我遇见了罗伯特
and then I met Robert.
再之后我们生了个女儿 我们的小宝贝
And then we had a daughter, a baby girl.
亚历山德拉
Alexandra.
我想她才是家里唯一真正有天赋的
I think the truly gifted one in the family…
我确定你们很快就会见识到了
you’ll hear, I’m sure, see for yourself soon enough.
这么多年来 我大多时间都花在巡演上
I’ve spent most of those years traveling,
但是过程♥真♥的很费力劳神
but it’s a very demanding…
你还好吧
You OK?
还好
Ok.
打开它
Open it.
这是给你的
It’s for you.
我爸爸说这个值2万5千美元
Dad said this went for 25 grand.
我不能接受
I can’t accept it.
没事 不用担心
Oh, no, don’t worry about it.
这琴是一个欠我人情的朋友的
It belongs to a friend who owes me a favor.
你想用多久就用多久
You can use it for as long as you wish.
这个是我特地为你制♥作♥的
And this one, I made especially for you.
试试吧
Try it.
丹尼尔 我可以和你谈一会儿吗
Daniel, can I talk to you for a sec?
当然可以
Uh… Yeah. Sure.
什么事
What?
你是个了不起的男人
You’re an amazing man.
你才华横溢
You’re brilliant.
我欣赏你 而且我认为
I admire you, and I think…
你对任意一个能驾驭你的女孩来说
you’re a dream for any girl
都是个梦中情人
who can handle a man like you.
我不认我能成为那个女孩
I don’t think I can be that girl now.
因为你的父母 对吗
It’s your parents, right?
不是 不是
No. No.
是你父母逼你的 是你♥爸♥爸吧
It’s your parents. It’s your dad.
这是我自己的决定
This is my decision.
我不想让他们介入我们之间
Not going to let them come between us.
是因为赋格 丹尼尔
It’s the Fugue, Daniel.
是因为赋格
It’s the Fugue.
赋格
The Fugue?
仅仅因为乐团
You want to end what we have
你就要结束我们的关系 这太疯狂了
because of the quartet, this is crazy.
亚历 你知道这有多愚蠢
Alex, you understand, it’s insane.
一个人没必要为他人付出代价
One doesn’t have to be at the expense of the other.
但是事实将会如此
Yeah, but it will be.
如果乐团解散了我永远也不会
You know, I could never
原谅我自己 你也不会原谅我的
forgive myself for that, and neither would you.
你不能

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!