so I could connect to his misery before I dare attempt the Opus 131.
他说的也有点道理
He might have a point, though.
彼得告诉过你舒伯特的死前愿望吗
Did Peter ever tell you about Schubert’s last musical request?
说过 他只想听贝多芬的131号♥作品
Yeah, how… he only wanted to hear Beethoven’s Opus 131,
人们连续为他演奏了5天 直到他死去
and they played it for him, like, five days before he died.
没错 我的诀窍就是
Right. Here’s what I do.
我们演奏这曲子前 我会想象
Before we play the piece, I imagine our quartet,
我们乐团围绕着舒伯特的病榻
surrounding Schubert on his deathbed,
为他演奏生前听到的最后乐章的场景
about to play for him the last music he’ll hear on earth.
弓桥
Bow Bridge.
我自从踏上这片国土
I don’t think I’ve been here
还从未来过这里
since the first time I came to this country.
朱利亚德学院 世界著名表演艺术学校
在朱利亚德的日子
Juilliard years.
朱利亚德
Juilliard.
记得当初为什么我们选这见面吗
Do you remember why we picked this as our meeting place?
-不记得 -因为达尔文
– No. – Darwin.
达尔文
Darwin.
你很迷达尔文 什么都扯上自然选择
You were so into Darwin. Everything was natural selection.
没错
Yep.
那么说的话 世道也没怎么变
In that respect, things haven’t changed much.
-真的吗 -没错
– Really? – Yep.
老头病了 老头退出了
The old man is ill, the old man is out.
药物治疗进行的怎么样
Any news about the medication?
还没有太大成效
It hasn’t had much effect yet,
但是 现在还刚用药没多久
but it’s still… it’s still early.
希望药能在音乐会前发挥作用
Let’s hope it’s quick enough for the concert.
如果他能出席音乐会
If he’s well enough to play the concert,
那他应该也能
then he should be able to
和我们一起结束今年的演出 丹尼尔
finish the rest of the season with us, Daniel.
为什么不尊重他的愿望呢 朱丽
Why not respect his wish, Jules?
因为我不相信那就是他的愿望
Because I don’t believe it is his wish.
他只是有点不知所措而已
He’s overwhelmed right now.
想想这对他该是多大的打击吧
Imagine how devastating this has been for him.
先是米莉亚过世 然后是这病
First Miriam and now this.
我们得给他时间来调整
We have to give him time to adjust.
罗伯特那边怎么办
What do we do about Robert?
罗伯特怎么了
What about Robert?
罗伯特要换席位
Alternating chairs Robert?
你应该和他好好谈谈
You should talk to him about that.
我觉得跟他谈也没用
I doubt me talking to him would help.
你知道这会彻底改变乐团的乐风 朱丽
It will completely alter our sound, Jules, you understand that.
用别的大提琴手代替彼得也会这样
That’s also true if we replace Peter with another cellist.
用妮娜就不会这样
Not if it’s Nina, no.
她去年替补彼得效果就很好 她跟乐团很合拍
She subbed for Peter very well last year. She’s very compatible.
你能和他谈谈吗
Would you please talk to him?
不管怎样 如果彼得退出 我也可能退出
Anyway, if Peter quits, I may not continue.
好吧
All right.
我劝彼得 你劝罗伯特
I talk to Peter, you talk to Robert.
知道吗 我没想过会有这种感觉
You know, I didn’t expect to feel this,
但事实上 我享受这个年纪
but it turns out, I love being our age.
我喜欢什么都不用向别人证明的感觉
I just love not having to prove anything to anybody.
上台 坐下 然后演奏的感觉真好
It’s just great to go on stage, sit down and play music.
慕尼黑的音乐会后
You know, in Munich, after our concert,
观众都在喝彩
the audience was applauding
妮娜悄悄对我说 真好玩
and Nina whispered to me, “That was fun!”
你能想象妮娜说这句话吗 真好玩
Can you imagine Nina? “That was fun!”
你把她教得真好 我非常感激
You really taught her well, and I am very, very grateful to you.
季迪安 我有个不情之请
Gideon, I need to ask a big, serious favor.
你只管开口就行
Well, for you, anything.
我已经决定隐退了
I’ve made up my mind to stop performing,
我决定让妮娜来乐团替代我
and my choice to replace me at the Fugue would be Nina.
-我乐团的妮娜吗 -就是她
– Nina? From my trio? – Your Nina.
她是最合适的人选
She’s the one who can do it.
她熟悉我们全部的曲目
She knows our repertoire,
乐团和她相处的也很融洽
the quartet likes her, personally, creatively.
我们需要她
We need her.
当然得她同意才行
If she’ll agree, of course.
彼得 这主意不怎么样
Peter that would be a big mistake.
别急着隐退
Don’t retire!
我觉得你一定会赢来事业的第二春
I promise you, you are going to get a second wind,
那也会是你人生的巅峰
and it could be the nicest part of your entire life.
况且 你也不能直接跟我抢妮娜吧
I mean, and you certainly can’t ask me to give up Nina.
毕竟 她是乐团不可或缺的一员
I mean, she’s become an integral
我可找不到替补
part of the trio, I could never replace her.
季迪安 这两件事没有可比性
Gideon, there’s no comparing.
钢琴三重奏乐团很好换人
It’s easier to replace for a piano trio.
总能有合适的大提琴手代替她
There are cellists who could take her place,
我可以帮你找一个
I can help you find one.
但我认为 我们乐团没有妮娜就垮了
To my mind, the Fugue without Nina might not survive.
严重到这地步了
It’s that serious.
我明白你的处境 但是我不能答应
I understand what you’re saying, but I can’t do that.
我不能让出她
I can’t give her up.
首先我要介绍一些
I’m going to begin by talking about some general principles
帕金森症的普遍症状
that involve Parkinson’s.
其中之一便是动作幅度会变小
One of them is that everything gets smaller.
我们做手势幅度小了 迈的的步子小了
Our posture gets smaller, our stride gets smaller,
我们说话更轻 写的字也变小
our voice gets smaller, even our handwriting gets small.
一切都在萎缩
Everything contracts and closes in.
我们需要对抗这种萎缩
So we need to push those boundaries out.
我们得加大动作 以便控制帕金森症
We need to move big, so that we can take control of Parkinson’s,
而不是让它控制我们
rather than it taking control of us.
所以 我们要主动运动
And to do that, we use conscious movement.
首先我们做一下手臂伸展
So, let’s just start by stretching the arms out,
向上伸 再向下伸
and bringing them up and bringing them down,
向上伸 再向外伸
and bringing them up and out.
向前伸 再向两旁
And we’re gonna go front and side.
向上 向下 做得好
And up and down. Good job.
向前 再向两旁
And front, and stretch side.
向上 向下
And up and down.
非常好
Nice.
我爸告诉我个诀窍
My father gave me a tip.
看来是个好诀窍
Sounds like a good one.
没错 你自己也应该请教他一下
It was a good one. You should take a tip from him yourself.
是吗 比如说什么
Yeah? Like what?
他能教你怎样能不显得那么
He could teach you to be a little less
臭屁
anal.
有意思
That’s funny.
这么说吧 你已经青出于蓝 不需要我了
OK… Frankly, I don’t think you need my help anymore.
别担心 我会随便编点理由告诉彼得
And don’t worry, I’ll call Peter, tell him something.
别这样 丹尼尔 我只是
Come on, Daniel, I was
开个玩笑 我没有那意思
I was kidding. I didn’t mean it like that.
你就是那意思
Of course you did.
只是看看自己的能耐有多大 没关系的
Just testing the extent of your power, it’s fine.
我的能耐 你介意提点我一下吗
The extent of my power? Could you illuminate me please?
实际上更像是极度渴望他人注意的行为
Actually, it’s more of a desperate need for attention.
我倒建议你专注于音乐
I would suggest you focus on the music.
专注于音乐
Focus on the music?
就这吗
Is that all?
你可能已经意识到要付出多少汗水
Yeah, you’ve probably just realized how much hard work it takes
才能达到合格的水准 更别提优秀
to become a decent violinist, let alone a good one,
你正在犹豫这些付出是否值得
and you’re not sure anymore whether it’s worth the trouble,
犹豫你是否有足够的天分
whether you’re talented enough,
犹豫你能否顶住压力
whether you can handle the pressure.
小小的工作室里 日夜与琴为伴
Just you and the violin in a small studio
日复一日 在音乐道路上举步维艰
making the most miniscule progress every day… of your life.
因此你会组建四重奏乐队
That’s why you formed your quartet.
你以为这样能解决所有的问题
You thought it would alleviate all of your problems.
甚至发现这比想象中更为有效
You found it’s even more work
从此你跟另外三人密不可分
and now you’re stuck with three other people.
完全依赖于他们的发挥 他们的领悟
Totally dependent on the way they play, their taste.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!