Blah, blah, blah. But the motive, yes,
那本1998年的《面孔》杂♥志♥上
on the cleverly planted 1998 issue of The Face magazine
封面是伯迪
with Birdie on the cover…
她带着著名的“仁钻石”
…she famously wore what became known as the Ren Diamond.
这应该是传家宝吧
And that’s a family heirloom, I believe.
我先澄清一下 我当时不知道血钻这回事…
Well, to be clear, I mean, I didn’t know what a “blood diamond” was so–
布隆先生 你一直戴着… 那个巨大的吊坠盒
Mr. Bron, the large pendulous locket which is… Has not left your neck.
跟你的海岛休闲着装风有点不搭
Bit out of keeping with your breezy island style.
能请你为我们打开吗
Would you kindly open it for us?
我的“仁钻石”
My Ren Diamond!
时尚偶像的戏剧化激♥情♥犯罪
A dramatic, passionate and colorful crime for a fashionista.
伯迪杰小姐
Miss Birdie Jay.
遗憾的是 伯努瓦布兰克在场 案子迅速破掉
Unfortunately, this crime clashed with the presence of Benoit Blanc.
那…看到了吗 射出…很好
That… See that? That just went up… Very good. Very good.
天哪 感觉真好 扎实地破了个案 好满足
My God, that just felt so good. So solid, so satisfying!
就像《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》上的那些迷你字谜
You know, like one of those mini-crosswords The Times has
我有个厨师朋友 她说她想创造出
or, you know, I have a chef friend, and she speaks of trying to create
最完美的小点心 刚才就仿佛 吃到了最令人满足的小点…
the perfect bite and that just felt like the most satisfying bite-sized–
你生气了
You’re angry.
不 布兰克 我只是…
No, Blanc, I’m, uh, just, you know…
搞什么
What the hell?
设置这些可不简单 所以…
That was not the simplest thing to set up, so…
算了 没事 只是…
It’s fine. It doesn’t matter. It’s just…
我雇了《消失的爱人》的编剧来写…
I hired Gillian Flynn to write the whole thing–
-她很厉害 -她很贵 市场价就这样
-Oh, she’s quite good. -She’s goddamn expensive, is what she is.
我现在该怎么办 整个周末都投骰子玩 只是…
What am I supposed to do now? Play Yahtzee all weekend? Just…
布隆先生 真♥相♥是 我故意毁了你的游戏
Mr. Bron, truth is, I… I ruined your game on purpose
但出于好意
and for a very good reason.
你说什么
I’m sorry, what?
我喜欢玻璃洋葱这个隐喻
I like the Glass Onion as a metaphor.
似乎外面裹了一层又一层
An object that seems densely layered,
但内里是如此浅白直接
but in reality the center is in plain sight.
你跟这些人的关系貌似复杂
Your relationship with these people may seem complex,
但其实你这周末的处境其实一清二楚
but look, what you’ve done this weekend is crystal clear.
你请了七个人过来
You’ve taken seven people,
每个人都有害死你的明确理由
each of whom has a real-life reason to wish you harm,
你把他们召集到一个与世隔绝的小岛
gathered them together on a remote island
把谋杀这个想法植入了他们的头脑
and placed the idea of your murder in their heads.
就像在桌上放了一把上膛的枪 然后关了灯
It’s like putting a loaded gun on the table and turning off the lights!
拜托
Come on.
你对莱昂内尔态度强硬 威胁他 如果不配合你以“净化”为燃料
So you play hardball with Lionel, threaten to destroy his reputation
驱动载人火箭 就毁了他的名声
if he does not play along and power a manned rocket with Klear.
克莱尔也是
But now with Claire too…
你可能威胁她
Now perhaps, you threaten to support her opponent
如果不批准你的发电厂 你就在接下来的竞选中支持她的对手
in the up-and-coming election if she does not approve your power plant.
你做了不少功课
You have done some homework.
还有伯迪 孟加拉国
And Birdie. Bangladesh.
轻松裤是在当地的血汗工厂造出来的
Sweetie Pants are manufactured there in a sweatshop.
你想让她替你这个投资者背黑锅
You’re making Birdie take the fall to cover your ass as the main investor.
至于杜克 我们都知道 杜克为什么想杀你
And Duke? Well… …we all know why Duke wants to kill you.
他不知道
He doesn’t know about that.
不 他知道
Yes, he does.
把我的出现当作一个预兆
Take my presence as a sign.
至少对于这个岛上的一个人来说 这不是场游戏
For at least one person on this island, this is not a game.
这就是那张著名的餐巾纸
Oh, this is the famous napkin!
我知道这个故事
I know this story.
-是… -你就盯着它看吗
-Right… -Will you look at that?
某晚我在餐巾纸上 写下了阿尔法的原始构想
I sketched out the original idea for Alpha on a cocktail napkin
然后拿给安迪看 就在玻璃洋葱
and I showed it to Andi one night at the Glass Onion.
我们当地的酒吧
That was our local bar.
一切就是从那里开始的 但一年后那家酒吧就拆了
That’s where it all began. But they tore it down the year after that.
安迪
Andi.
是啊 安迪
Yes, Andi.
安迪以前跟我说真话
Andi used to tell me the truth.
现在没人跟我说真话
Nobody does that now.
都是假笑和算计
It’s all just fake smiles and agendas
人们觉得你欠他们的 就该给他们
and people wanting what they think they’re owed.
如果不给就恨你 因为你就是干这个的
Hating you when you don’t give it to them because that’s what you’re there for.
我知道可能很难同情 备受折磨的亿万富翁 但…
I know it’s probably hard to have sympathy for the poor, tortured billionaire. But…
真该死 我想念那个酒吧
God damn, I miss that bar.
(迈尔斯)
你可以直接关机
You know, you could just power it down.
是接收新闻的谷歌♥快讯 用来关注你们
Ah, it’s my Google Alerts. Got them for all you guys.
威士忌 体育消息 日常爱好
Whiskey, sports I like, general interests.
你专门为“电影”设置了谷歌♥快讯
You have a Google Alert for the word “movie”?
我爱电影 别嫉恨 科学呆子
I like movies. Don’t hate. Nerd.
谢天谢地 伯努瓦布兰克来了
Oh, thank God for Benoit Blanc.
我们不用整个周末研究灌木的形状了
We don’t have to spend the weekend spelling hedges.
我要走 明早就走
Well, I’m out of here. Tomorrow morning. Gone.
我们才刚到
We just got here.
你可以留下 好好玩
You can stay, have fun.
行 你真会破坏气氛
-Fine. You’re murdering my vibe.
在任何情况下我都不想这么说
Well, I hate saying this in any context,
但我跟杜克一样
but I’m with Duke.
或者我们可以整个周末 都在这里狂饮 享受天堂
Or we can get drunk and enjoy paradise for the weekend.
我们或许也该走
We should probably go too.
不 遭了罪才能来天堂 这都是我们应得的
No. Miserable in paradise. We’ve all earned this.
没错
Yes, you have.
我们要谈谈避而不谈的事吗
Are we even gonna talk about the elephant in the room?
还是装作没事 混过整个周末
Or just gonna throw a blanket over it and push through the weekend?
是指我吗
Am I the elephant?
对 就是你
Yeah. You’re the elephant!
你没那么糟
You’re not that bad.
你到底为什么来 安迪
What’d you come for, Andi?
考虑到目前的情况 这个问题很合理
Given the circumstances, I think it’s a fair question.
合理
Fair?
天哪 行了 这里什么都不合理
Oh my God. Yes, no, fine. Nothing about any of this is fair.
恭喜 你现在明白了
Congratulations. Now, you know.
我们都不得不忍♥受迈尔斯 你想怎么样
And we all stuck with Miles. What do you want?
想知道我们为什么那么做 真的吗 算一下 很简单
Do you wanna know why we did it? Hmm? Really? Why? Do the math. It’s easy math.
所以你来了 穿着古驰平底鞋
So you come here, in your Gucci flats,
-告诉我们… -是华伦天奴
telling us… Valentino.
…我们欠你的
…that we owe you?
那些年你靠阿尔法赚了不少钱
You made money off of Alpha all those years.
你过得很好 你拿到了你那份
You did fine. You got yours.
我赚钱了
I got?
不 他赚走了我的钱 我全部的钱
No, he got his from me. All of it!
有人夺走了我的生活 这屋子里的所有人都有份
My life was taken away from me by someone, by everyone in this room.
我的生活 你知道这意味着什么吗
My life! Do you even know what that means?
克莱尔想说的是 我们很抱歉
What Claire’s trying to say, is we’re sorry.
我们为你感到遗憾 你还想怎么样
We feel bad for you. What do you want?
-你真的拿这句话问我 -是 你还想怎么样
-Are you really asking me that? -Yes. What do you want?
支票 我们假装同情
A check? You want performative pity?
告诉我们该用什么方式
Just tell us the right words that we can use
然后让我们继续生活
so that we can get on with our lives.
你想复仇 你想割破迈尔斯的喉咙
You want revenge? You want to slit Miles’ throat?
你想扳倒我们所有人 把你的底牌亮出来 说吧
You wanna take us all down? What? Just drop the bombshell! Say it!
-说 -我想要真♥相♥
-Say it! -I want the truth!
我想要真♥相♥
I want the truth.
我可以告诉你
I can give you that.
我来当恶人
I’ll be the asshole.
真♥相♥是 我们都抓住了财富
The truth is, is that we are all holding on to that golden tit.
我们玩的都是同个游戏
We’re all playing the same game here, honey.
你输了
You lost.
你把自己扮成了受害者
So you can go ahead and put yourself up on a cross
好像谁对你犯下了我们无法想象的
like some unspeakable crime has been committed against you
滔天罪恶
that none of us could possibly imagine.
但我已经厌倦了假装你是受害者
But me, I’m tired of pretending like you’re the victim in this game.
你只是没抓住机会
You just couldn’t hack it.
你输了 仅此而已 这就是真♥相♥
You’re the loser. There. That’s the truth.
这才是我认识的安迪
There she is. There’s the Andi I know.