Almost?
差不多?
Well, that’s life.
嗯,生活就是这样的
Well, there’s always next Christmas.
明年还有圣诞嘛
That’s funny.
真有趣
What’s that over there behind the desk?
那边在桌子后面的是什么?
Where?
哪里?
Behind the desk, against the wall over there.
桌子后面,那边靠着墙放着的
Why don’t you go check it out?
你干吗不过去瞧瞧呢?
What did we put over there, honey?
我们把什么放那儿了,亲爱的?
Santa Claus probably put it.
也许是圣诞老人放的
Oh, it was beautiful. I could hardly wait to try it out.
哦,真是绝品,我已经急不可待要去试枪了
Do you know how to load it?
你知道子弹怎么装吗?
That’s right.
没错
Be careful.
当心点
Don’t. They run all over.
别,会滚得满地都是的
Close her up. Close it up.
把枪膛合上,合上它
Can I try it out, Ma? Can I?
我能去试试枪吗,妈?行吗?
Sure.
当然了
Okay.
好吧
But outside.
可得去屋外
I still say those things are dangerous.
我还要说这种东西太危险
Put on your galoshes and your coat. It’s cold out.
把套鞋和大衣穿上,外面很冷
I had one when I was eight years old.
我8岁的时候也有一支
What if he hurts himself? Ralphie, your coat!
要是他伤着自己了怎么办?拉尔菲,你的大衣!
Don’t shoot any animals or birds!
不许射动物或者小鸟!
Except the Bumpuses’ dogs!
邦普士家的狗除外!
Be careful, Ralphie!
当心点,拉尔菲!
Now it is well known throughout the Midwest that the old man…
我老爸嗜鸡如命
is a turkey junkie.
现在已经是整个中西部家喻户晓的事了
A bona fide garley turkicanus freak. A few days before Christmas…
一个不折不扣的火鸡大饕
his eyes would begin to gleam with a wild and ravenous light.
从圣诞前几天开始疯狂而饥渴的光芒就在他的双眼闪烁
Okay, Black Bart, now you get yours.
好了,黑巴特,现在拿命来吧
Oh, my God! I shot my eye out!
哦,天哪! 我把我的眼珠射出来了!
You’ll shoot your eye out, kid.
你会把你的眼珠射出来的,孩子
You’ll shoot your eye out, you’ll shoot your eye out!
你会把你的眼珠射出来的,你会把你的眼珠射出来的!
Ralphie, you be careful out there. Don’t shoot your eye out!
拉尔菲,你在外面当心点,别把你的眼珠射出来了!
She hadn’t seen! She didn’t know!
她没看见! 她不知道!
My eye’s all right. The BB must’ve hit my glasses.
我的眼珠还在,弹丸肯定打中了我的眼镜
My glasses! Oh, no!
我的眼镜! 哦,不!
Where are my glasses?
我的眼镜在哪儿?
Few things brought such swift and terrible retribution…
几乎没什么比弄坏一副眼镜
on a kid as a pair of busted glasses!
会令一个孩子遭致更迅捷更可怕的惩罚了!
Stop!
住手!
Oh, no!
哦,不!
Oh, no! Pulverized.
哦,不! 破镜难圆了
For a moment I thought, I’ll fake it. They’ll never know the lens is gone!
有几分钟我想到了瞒天过海,他们永远不会知道我只戴了副镜框!
Randomly, my mind evolved a spectacular plot.
但说来也巧,我竟然想出了一个绝妙托辞
Let’s see, an icicle!
让我想想,一根冰柱!
Falls off the garage and hits me in the eye!
从车♥库♥顶上掉下来差点刺到了我的眼睛!
It would work. It had to work. Quickly, I whipped up some tears.
这应该能行,这必须成功,很快,我就挤出了几滴眼泪
What’s the matter, honey? What happened?
出什么事了,亲爱的?怎么了?
What happened? Let me see that.
怎么了?让我瞧瞧
There was this icicle and it fell off the garage and it hit me.
从车♥库♥上掉下来一根冰柱打到了我
What is it?
出什么事了?
No, it’s okay. Just read your funnies.
没什么,看你的漫画去吧
Wake up, Randy.
好醒醒了,兰迪
Oh, God.
哦,上帝
It hit my cheek and it broke my glasses.
它打到我的脸上把我的眼镜打破了
And I tried to get out of the way, but I…
我是想躲开的,可是我…
There, see, it’s just a little bump.
来,瞧,就碰破了一点皮
You’re lucky it didn’t cut your eye.
没刺到你眼睛里去已经很走运了
Those icicles have been known to kill people.
那些冰柱能要了人命的
What’s going on up there?
到底出什么事了?
Nothing. We’ll be right down.
没事,我们马上就下来
You stay away from that turkey! It’s got an hour to cook.
你别去碰火鸡! 要烤一个小时的
You’ll get worms!
没烤熟吃了会长虫的!
But what about my glasses?
那我的眼镜怎么办?
You can wear the old ones with the crack in them…
你可以先戴老的有裂缝的那副
until we get you some new ones.
等以后我们给你配副新的
I had pulled it off!
我蒙过去了!
But I left my gun outside.
可我把枪丢外面了
When you get dressed you can go out and get your gun.
等穿好衣服就可以出去拿你的枪了
Hold that on there.
拿好敷在那儿
Life is like that.
生活就是这样的
Sometimes at the height of our reveries, when our joy is at its zenith…
有时候当我们美梦正酣,正处于快乐的巅峰
when all is most right with the world…
当一切都天从人愿
the most unthinkable disasters descend upon us.
最意想不到的灾难却从天而降
Oh, turkey!
哦,火鸡!
Sons a bitches! Bumpuses!
狗♥娘♥养♥的! 邦普士!
The heavenly aroma still hung heavy in the house. But it was gone.
美如天籁的香味还在空气中飘荡,但火鸡已经没了
All gone. No turkey. No turkey sandwiches.
全没了,火鸡没了,火鸡三明治没了
No turkey salad. No turkey gravy, turkey hash, turkey a la king…
火鸡沙拉没了,火鸡肉汁没了,火鸡杂烩,奶油烩火鸡
or gallons of turkey soup.
还有一大锅火鸡汤
Gone.
没了
All gone.
全都没了
All right.
好吧
Everybody upstairs.
大家都上楼
Get dressed.
穿好衣服
We are going out to eat.
我们出去吃
No! Not, “ra ra ra ra ra.” “La la la la la.”
不,不是“ra ra ra ra ra”,“啦啦啦啦啦”
Sing like this:
这么唱
Try again.
再来
Stop!
停!
Sing something else.
唱别的吧
No!
不!
Stop!
停!
Kitchen. Bring food. For customers.
去厨房♥,拿吃的来,招待客人
Oh, I’m sorry.
哦,真不好意思
It’s a beautiful duck.
这是只漂亮的鸭子
It really is.
确实是
But you see…
可你瞧…
What?
什么?
It’s smiling at me.
它正冲我笑呢
Okay?
行了吗?
Beautiful!
漂亮了!
That Christmas would live in our memories…
这个圣诞在我的记忆之中
as the Christmas when we were introduced to Chinese turkey.
将是我们头回见识中国式火鸡的圣诞
All was right with the world.
一切都天从人愿
Oh, honey, come over here. Look at this.
哦,亲爱的,过来,你瞧啊
Is that beautiful!
真是美极了!
Next to me in the blackness lay my oiled blue-steel beauty.
黑暗中静卧在我身边的是我油光锃亮的蓝钢尤物
The greatest Christmas gift I had ever received…
我收到过的最好的圣诞礼物
or would ever receive.
或者说将来也再不会收到比这更好的了
Gradually, I drifted off to sleep, pranging ducks on the wing…
渐渐地,我沉入了梦乡,在那里枪发鸭落
and getting off spectacular hip shots.
开始了快枪牛仔的辉煌生涯

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!