I’ll be right down, Ma.
我马上就下来,妈
Gee whiz.
我的天哪
“T. O.”
“T”“O”
“Be sure to.” Be sure to what?
“Be sure to”(一定要),一定要干吗?
What was Little Orphan Annie trying to say? Be sure to what?
“孤女安妮”到底想说什么?一定要干吗?
Ralphie! Randy has got to go! Will you please come out?
拉尔菲! 兰迪快憋不住了! 你能让个位吗?
All right, Ma! I’ll be right out!
好的,妈! 我马上就好!
I was getting closer now.
我就快知道答案了
The tension was terrible. What was it?
空气紧张得可怕,这到底说的什么呢?
The fate of the planet may hang in the balance.
整个星球的命运也许正悬于一发
Ralphie! Randy’s gotta go!
拉尔菲! 兰迪快憋不住了!
I’ll be right out, for crying out loud!
我马上就出来,拜托你好不好!
Almost there! My fingers flew.
就快出来了! 我的手指在飞速转动
My mind was a steel trap.
我的思维快如闪电
Every pore vibrated.
每个毛孔都在颤动
It was almost clear.
差不多全明白了
Yes!
好了!
Ovaltine?
阿华田?
A crummy commercial?
又一个廉价广♥告♥?
Son of a bitch!
狗♥娘♥养♥的!
I went out to face the world again.
我出了房♥间再次面对现实
Wiser.
长了一智
Red cabbage?
又是红甘蓝?
No, that’s for tomorrow night. You love red cabbage, Ralphie.
不,这是明晚吃的,你爱吃红甘蓝的,拉尔菲
You filthy system!
这套脏兮兮的破玩意儿!
I hate it!
我恨透了!
Schmucker! Smelly watt-buster!
笨蛋! 臭气熏天的混♥蛋♥!
What happened next was a family controversy for years.
接下来发生的事多年来在这个家里莫衷一是
What was that? What happened?
怎么了?发生什么事了?
What happened?
发生什么事了?
What broke?
什么打破了?
I don’t know what happened.
我也不知道怎么回事
I was watering my plant and…
我正在给花浇水…
I broke your lamp.
我把你的灯打破了
Don’t you touch that!
你别碰它!
You were always jealous of this lamp.
你一直在嫉妒这盏灯
Jealous of a plastic leg?
嫉妒这条塑料大腿?
Jealous!
嫉妒!
Jealous because I won.
因为我中了奖所以你嫉妒
That’s ridiculous! Jealous?
太可笑了! 我嫉妒?
Jealous of what?
嫉妒什么?
That is…
这是个…
the ugliest lamp I have ever seen in my entire life!
我这辈子见到的最丑陋的灯!
Now it was out.
终于说出口了
Get the glue.
拿胶水来
We’re out of glue.
我们的胶水用完了
You used up all the glue on purpose!
你是故意把胶水用光的!
The old man stood quivering with fury…
老爸站在那儿气得浑身哆嗦
stammering as he tried to come up with a real crusher.
结结巴巴的仿佛他马上要说出句置人于死地的话似的
All he got out was:
可他说出来的却是:
Not a finger!
一根手指头也不许碰!
With as much dignity as he could muster…
用尽了所有的尊严
the old man gathered up the sad remains…
老爸搜集起了他引以为荣的大奖
of his shattered major award.
的可怜的碎片
Later that night, alone in the backyard…
当晚后半夜,独自在后院
he buried it next to the garage.
他把它们埋在车♥库♥旁边了
Now I could never be sure…
现在我已经说不准了
but I thought that I heard the sound of taps being played…
不过我想当时我听到了丧号♥的声音
gently.
轻轻地奏着
Know what I’m getting my old man for Christmas?
知道圣诞我要送老爸什么吗?
What?
什么?
A rose that squirts.
会喷水的玫瑰
People come to smell it, it squirts them.
有人凑近闻它香味的时候,它就喷他们一脸
I’m getting my old man a Flit gun.
我要送我老爸一把水枪
A Flit gun?
水枪?
Stop right there!
给我站住别动!
Ordinarily, if Dill so much as said “hi” to you, you felt great…
一般来说,如果迪尔只是跟你说声嗨
warm inside. But mostly he just hit you in the mouth.
你会觉得心里暖乎乎的,但多数情况下,他只会一拳打在你的嘴上
I can’t now, Grover. I’ve gotta go see Miss Shields.
我现在不能在这儿多待,格拉瓦,我得去找希尔兹小姐
Hey, come here! Get over here!
嘿,过来! 给我过来!
Come on, you! Hey, come here!
快来,你! 嘿,给我过来!
You! Come here!
你! 过来!
Who, me?
谁?我?
No, your Aunt Tilly.
不,是你蒂莉阿姨
Yeah, you. Get over here!
对,就是你,给我过来!
I left Flick to certain annihilation.
我把佛理克扔下让他活受罪去了
But BB gun mania knows no loyalties.
可狂热的气♥枪♥迷是不讲义气的
Uncle! Uncle!
叔叔! 叔叔!
All right, class.
好了,同学们
I have your Christmas themes for you.
我这就把你们的以圣诞为题的作文发下来
I’m pleased.
我很满意
In general, you did very well.
总的来说,你们都写得不错
However, I was disappointed in the margins.
但是,我对文章的字数很不满意
This is it.
就是它了
“C+”? No, it can’t be.
“C+”?不,不可能的
C+?
C+?
C+!
C+!
Oh, no!
哦,不!
“You’ll shoot your eye out”?
“你会把你的眼珠射出来的”?
My mother must have gotten to Miss Shields.
我母亲肯定和希尔兹串通一气了
There could be no other explanation.
否则还能有什么别的解释呢
You’ll shoot your eye out. You’ll shoot your eye out.
你会把你的眼珠射出来的,你会把你的眼珠射出来的
Was there no end to this conspiracy of irrational prejudice…
对瑞得莱德和他忠诚的调解人毫无道理的偏见
against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?
是不是永远没完没了呢?
These multiplication questions were most missed in our last math test.
上次数学测验这道乘法题大多数人都做错了
Would you answer in unison, please?
大家能齐声说出答案吗?
I was surrounded by happier kids who were all going to get…
我被包围在一群开心的
what they wanted for Christmas.
即将得到他们想要的圣诞礼物的孩子们中
…fifty-six.
…56
Hey, four-eyes!
嘿,四眼!
How’d you like your snowball sandwich?
雪球三明治的味道怎么样?
Maybe you’d like another one!
也许你还想吃一个!
Listen, jerk.
听着,蠢蛋
When I tell you to come, you better come!
我叫你过来的时候,你最好马上过来!
What? Are you going to cry now?
什么?你要哭鼻子了吗?
Come on, cry baby, cry for me. Come on.
来啊,哭鼻子的小毛孩,哭着找我吧,来啊
Cry!
哭呀!
Deep in the recesses of my brain…
在我的脑海里什么地方
a tiny red-hot little flame began to grow.
一个小小的炽热的火苗开始熊熊燃烧起来了
Something had happened.
什么东西突然爆发了
A fuse blew and I had gone out of my skull.
保险丝烧断了,我完全失去了理智
I’m telling my dad!
我要去告诉我爸爸!
Hey, Ralphie!
嘿,拉尔菲!
Beat him up! Beat him up!
揍他! 揍他!
Did you hear what he said?
你听到他说的话了吗?
I have since heard of people under…
我后来才听说被极度压抑的人
extreme duress speaking in strange tongues.
是会说出很多奇怪的话来的
I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities…
我开始意识到各式各样的谩骂和诅咒的急流
and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed.
在我尖声叫嚷的时候正从我口中飞泄而出
Ralphie!
拉尔菲!
We’re going home. Come on.
我们回家吧,走吧
Calm down. Come on in here, Ralph.
好了不哭,进来吧,拉尔菲
Put your head down in here.
把头低下来
Come on, get down in here.
来吧,伸到这儿来
Settle down.
好了不哭
I want you to go in there and lie down in your room for a while.
我想让你进屋去躺一会儿
Ralphie, just settle down.
拉尔菲,好了不哭
Here, dry off.
来,擦擦干
All right, calm down.
好了,不哭
All right. Now go lie down.
好了,现在去躺会儿吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!