I want to put the nuts in it. There we are.
我要把螺帽放这里面,好了
There’s four of them. And we got it!
一共有四个,都在这里了!
There it is.
在这儿
That son of a gun. I’m gonna get that dirty…
狗♥娘♥养♥的,我要把这个破…
There we go.
这下好了
For one brief moment I saw all the bolts silhouetted…
在那一刹那,迎着车流的光照
against the lights of the traffic. And then they were gone.
我看到了所有螺帽的剪影,然后它们就不见了
Oh, fudge!
哦,见你的大头鬼!
Only I didn’t say “fudge.”
可我说的偏不是“见你的大头鬼”
I said the word.
我说了那个词
The big one. The queen mother of dirty words.
那个要命的词,脏话里面最脏的那个
The “f, dash, dash, dash” word.
那个“×你×”的词
What did you say?
你刚才说什么?
That’s what I thought you said.
我想我知道你说了什么
Get in the car.
给我上车去
Go on.
快去
It was all over. I was dead.
全完了,我死定了
What would it be? The guillotine? Hanging?
会是什么死法呢?上断头台?绞刑架?
The chair? The rack? The Chinese water torture?
坐电椅?上刑具?蹲水牢?
Mere child’s play compared to what surely awaited me.
所有这些跟我就要受的罪相比不过儿戏罢了
Everything go all right?
都搞定了?
Eight minutes.
8分钟
Do you know what your son just said?
你知道你儿子刚才说什么了吗?
No. What?
不知道,他说什么了?
I’ll tell you what he said. Randy!
我会告诉你他说什么的,兰迪!
Ralphie!
拉尔菲!
Over the years, I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap.
经过这么多年,我也该成为一个肥皂鉴赏家了
My personal preference is for Lux, but I found Palmolive had a nice…
我个人偏爱力士,但我发现棕榄有一种
piquant, after-dinner flavor.
好闻,刺♥激♥,餐后的香味
Heady, but with just a touch of mellow smoothness.
有点冲,但还带那么一点甜香醇美
Lifebuoy, on the other hand…
卫宝呢,那就…
You ready to tell me?
你打算告诉我了吗?
All right. Where did you hear that word?
好的,你是从哪儿听到那个词的?
Now I had heard that word at least 10 times a day from my old man.
我每天至少听老爸说10遍那个词
My father worked in profanity the way…
我父亲用起亵渎神灵的话
other artists might work in oils or clay.
就象别的艺术家用油彩或粘土那么熟
It was his true medium. A master.
那才是属于他的材料,他是个大♥师♥
But I chickened out. And I blurted out…
可我已经吓坏了,所以脱口而出的是
the first name that came to mind.
第一个跑进我脑海里的名字
Schwartz!
舒瓦兹!
I see.
明白了
Hello, Mrs. Schwartz? Yes, I’m fine.
喂,舒瓦兹太太吗?是的,我很好
Mrs. Schwartz, do you know what Ralph just said?
舒瓦兹太太,你知道拉尔菲刚说了什么吗?
No.
不是
He said…
他说的是…
Not that!
不是吧!
Yes, that.
是的,就是那个
Do you know where he heard it?
你知道他从哪儿听到的吗?
Probably from his father.
兴许从他爸爸那儿吧
No! He heard it from your son!
不! 他从你儿子嘴里听到的!
What?
什么?
What’d I do, Mom?
我♥干♥什么了,妈妈?
Why? I didn’t do nothing!
为什么?我什么也没干呀!
Another shot of mysterious, inexorable, official justice.
又一个神秘,无情,权威的公义的例子
Rinse out and go to bed. Am I glad you finished your homework!
漱口上♥床♥,你做完了功课我很高兴!
Get right into bed, and I don’t want to see any lights on.
马上就上♥床♥,我不想看见灯还亮着
You are being punished, so no comic book reading!
你正在受罚,所以漫画书不许看了!
I’ll come in, and if any lights are on…
我会进去检查的,要是灯还亮着的话…
Don’t you give me that look! You’re gonna get it!
不许这么瞧我! 你找打吗!
Three blocks away, Schwartz was getting his.
距此三个街区,舒瓦兹正挨着揍呢
There has never been a kid who didn’t believe…
所有的孩子都有点相信但又很难不信
vaguely but insistently, that he would be stricken blind…
他们不到21岁就会双目失明
before he reached 21. And then they’d be sorry.
到那时他们就该追悔莫及了
Why, it’s Ralph!
啊,是拉尔菲!
Well, come on in, Ralph. Where’ve you been?
好的,进来吧,拉尔菲,你上哪儿去了?
Why, he’s carrying a cane!
啊,他拿着根拐杖!
What is it, Ralph? What happened?
怎么了,拉尔菲?出什么事了?
Why, he’s blind!
啊,他瞎了!
Blind? Oh, my God!
瞎了?哦,我的天!
Ralph, is it something we did?
拉尔菲,这是我们造成的吗?
What brought you to this lonely state?
是什么使得你陷于这么孤苦的境地?
Ralph, please tell us no matter how it hurts. What did we do?
拉尔菲,请告诉我们吧,不管有多痛苦,我们都干了什么啊?
Look, I can’t.
瞧,我不能说
Please, Ralph. I must know what we did.
求你了,拉尔菲,我一定要知道我们都干了些什么
What brought you to this?
是什么把你害成这样的?
Soap poisoning.
肥皂中毒
Oh, how could we do it?
哦,当初我们怎么会那么干的啊?
I’ll manage to get along, somehow.
我会挺过去的,以某种方式
I’ll never forgive myself.
我永远不会原谅我自己
Thanks, Mom.
谢谢你,妈妈
I told you not to use Lifebuoy.
我跟你说过不要用卫宝的
I feel awful!
我感觉糟透了!
Thank you, Heather.
谢谢你,希瑟
Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
Thank you, Flick.
谢谢你,佛理克
Merry Christmas, Miss Shields.
圣诞快乐,希尔兹小姐
I just thought that you’d be getting tired of the same old stuff.
我只是想老是那么几样东西你可能都厌了
Yes, truly, a little bribe never hurts.
是的,一点不假,小小的贿赂是没坏处的
Well, thank you very much, Ralph.
哦,非常感谢你,拉尔菲
Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
Happy New Year.
新年快乐
You can take your seat now, Ralph.
你可以回座位了,拉尔菲
The weeks of drinking gallons of Ovaltine, in order to get…
几周内狂喝阿华田
the Ovaltine inner seal to send off for my Little Orphan Annie…
就为了得到它的内衬密封圈
secret decoder pen, was about to pay off.
好邮出换取“孤女安妮”神秘译码笔,终于算没白费功夫
I got it. “Master Ralph Parker.”
信来了,“拉尔菲·帕克台鉴”
My decoder pen!
我的译码笔!
All right!
太好了!
“Be it known to all that Ralph Parker is hereby appointed…
“敬请昭告天下兹特委以拉尔菲·帕克
“a member of the Little Orphan Annie secret circle and…
“‘孤女安妮’神秘会会员之身份
“is entitled to all the honors and benefits occurring thereto.”
“并从此尽享相应之荣耀及利益”
Signed, Little Orphan Annie.
签字,孤女安妮
Countersigned, Pierre Andre!
副署,皮埃尔·安德鲁!
In ink!
是亲笔签名!
Honors and benefits. Already at the age of nine.
荣誉和利益,才九岁就能享有这些了
Come on. Let’s get on with it.
快点,快开始吧
I don’t need all that jazz about smugglers and pirates.
我可不想听那些关于走私犯和海盗的废话
Listen tomorrow night for the concluding adventure of…
明晚请接着收听“黑海盗船”历险记的大结局
The Black Pirate Ship. Now it’s time…
现在
for Annie’s secret message for you members of the secret circle.
是对神秘会会员播出安妮秘信的时候了
Remember, kids, only members of…
请记住,孩子们,只有安妮神秘会的会员
Annie’s secret circle can decode Annie’s secret message.
才能解开这条安妮秘信的密♥码♥
Remember, Annie is depending on you.
记住,安妮的命运就掌握在你们手中了
Set your pins to B-2.
请把指针转到B-2的位置
Here is the message.
下面就是秘信的内容
12. 11. 2…
12、11、2…
I am in my first secret meeting.
这是我生平头一遭神秘集♥会♥
…25. 14. 11. 18.
…25、14、11、18
16. 23…
16、23…
Pierre was in great voice tonight.
皮埃尔今晚的声音真动听
I could tell that tonight’s message was really important.
我可以看出今晚的密信万分重要
…3. 25.
…3.25
That’s a message from Annie herself. Remember, don’t tell anyone.
这是来自安妮本人的秘信,记住,别向任何人泄露
Ninety seconds later I’m in the only room in the house…
一分半钟之后我已经身处这房♥子里唯一一处
where a boy of nine can sit in privacy and decode.
一个九岁大的孩子能独自坐着破译密♥码♥的地方了
Ah! “B.” I went to the next.
啊哈! “B”,我再看下一个
“E.” The first word is “be”!
“E”,第一个词是“be”!
“S.” It was coming easier now. “U.”
“S”,现在越来越顺手了,“U”
Come on, Ralphie! I gotta go.
快点,拉尔菲! 我要尿尿

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!