His lips curled over his green teeth.
他咧开嘴露出绿牙在那儿笑呢
Randy lay there like a slug.
兰迪象个鼻涕虫似的躺在那儿
It was his only defense.
这是他唯一的自卫手段
Say “uncle.”
叫“叔叔”
Uncle!
叔叔!
Louder!
大声点!
In our world, you were either a bully, a toady…
在我们的世界里,你要么是欺负人的,要么是走狗
or one of the nameless rabble of victims.
要么就是不值一提的广大受欺者中的一员
All right.
好了
Who’s next?
下一个该谁了?
In the jungles of kid-dom, the mind switches gears rapidly.
在儿童的世界之林中,我们的脑筋是不会总叮住一处不放的
Weeks ago I had sent away for my Little Orphan Annie…
几周前,我邮购了我的“孤女安妮”…
secret society decoder pen.
神秘会译码笔
Oh, skunked again.
哦,又上当了
No matter. Today I had serious work to do.
没关系,今天我有正经事要办
“What I want for Christmas.”
“我想要的圣诞礼物”
“What I want is a Red Ryder BB gun with a compass in the stock…
“我想要的是一支瑞得莱德气♥枪♥,枪托上有指南针的…
“and this thing which tells time.”
“…还有那个用来计时的玩意儿”
Wow, that’s great.
哇,真是太棒了
“I think that everybody should have a Red Ryder BB gun.
“我觉得人人都应该有杆瑞得莱德气♥枪♥
“They’re very good for Christmas.
“用它来做圣诞礼物再好不过了
“I don’t think that a football’s a very good Christmas present.”
“我不认为橄榄球是件很好的圣诞礼物”
Oh, rarely had the words poured from my penny pencil…
哦,词句从我的便宜铅笔的笔端这么狂热顺畅地流淌出来
with such feverish fluidity.
还真少见呢
I’ve won! I’ve won!
我中了! 我中奖了!
The Bumpus hounds.
邦普士家的猎犬
Our hillbilly neighbors, the Bumpuses, had at least…
我们的来自山地的邻居,邦普士一家
785 smelly hound dogs.
至少养了785只臭气熏天的猎犬
And they ignored every other human being on earth but my old man.
而世上人里面除了我老爸,它们谁也看不上眼
I won!
我中了!
I won!
我中了!
What?
中什么了?
A major prize!
中了个大奖!
I won!
我中奖了!
Hey, look at that. Look at that. A Western Union telegram.
嘿,瞧瞧,瞧瞧这个,西部联合公♥司♥的电报
Tonight, he’s coming tonight. Tonight. Hot damn, tonight!
今晚,今晚就来了,今晚,我的天,就是今晚!
What does this mean here?
这到底什么意思?
It means it’s coming tonight!
意思就是说今晚就能到!
I called Ernie McClosky at the freight depot.
我给车站货房♥的欧尼·麦克洛斯基打过电♥话♥了
He said the telegram was late, the prize was already there…
他说电报来晚了,奖品早就运到了
he was going to send it on tonight.
他说他今晚就送过来
Come on. Have a chew, fellas, on me. It’s my gift.
来吧,大嚼一顿吧,我请客,算是我给你们的礼物
You know, maybe it’ll be one of those Spanish adobe houses down in Coral…
知道吗,奖品有可能是珊瑚道上哪座西班牙砖房♥…
Serves you right, you smelly buggers.
你是罪有应得,臭狗
Or it could be a bowling alley.
也有可能会是条保龄球道
A guy down in Terre Haute won a bowling alley.
特利豪那儿就有个家伙就赢了一条保龄球道
How are they going to deliver a bowling alley here tonight?
他们该怎么把一条保龄球道在今晚送过来呢?
They could send the deed, for cripesake. I mean…
他们可以把文书送过来,看在上帝份上,我是说…
I didn’t expect they were going to send the whole damn bowling alley.
我并不指望他们把该死的整条保龄球道都送过来
Yeah, well. How about eating? I’m starving to death.
是的,好了,能开饭了吗?我都要饿死了
Getting rich is hard work, kid. Come on.
钱可不是那么好赚的啊,孩子们,快来吧
Every family has a kid who won’t eat.
每家都有个不爱吃东西的孩子
My kid brother had not eaten voluntarily in over three years.
我弟弟已经有三年没心甘情愿地吃过东西了
Oh, Randy, don’t play with your food, eat it!
哦,兰迪,食物不是用来玩的,是用来吃的!
Starving people would be happy to have that.
饿得要死的人要有的吃该多开心啊
Can I have some more red cabbage?
能再给我多来点红甘蓝吗?
Stop playing with your food, or I’ll give you something to cry about.
不许再玩了,否则我就要让你吃吃苦头了
You better stop fooling around with it and eat it or you’ll be sorry.
你最好别胡闹了马上给我吃,要不你会后悔的
Can I please have some more?
能再给我点吗?
My mother had not had a hot meal for herself in 15 years.
我母亲这15年来就没吃上过一顿热饭
Meatloaf, double beetloaf.
肉饼,还有甜菜饼
I hate meatloaf.
我讨厌肉饼
All right. I’ll get that kid to eat.
得了,我会叫那小家伙吃的
Where’s my screwdriver and plumber’s helper?
我的起子和水拔呢?
I’ll open up his mouth and I’ll shove it in.
我要撬开他的嘴巴把东西给灌进去
My mother was more subtle.
我母亲的方法就含蓄多了
How do the little piggies go?
咦小猪猪那儿去了?
That’s right. Oink, oink.
没错了,呼呼呼呼
Now, show me how the piggies eat. This is your trough.
现在让我瞧瞧小猪猪怎么吃东西的,这就是你的猪槽
Show me how the piggies eat.
让我瞧瞧小猪猪是怎么吃东西的
Be a good boy. Show Mommy how the piggies eat.
做个乖宝宝,让妈咪瞧瞧,小猪猪是怎么吃东西的
Oh, my.
哦,天哪
Mommy’s little piggy.
妈咪的小猪猪
It’s here.
来了
Are you Parker?
你是帕克吗?
All right, sign here.
好的,在这儿签字吧
Yeah. Well, what is it?
好的,那么这是什么东西?
I don’t know.
我不知道
What’s in it?
里面装的什么?
Here. Bring it in.
给你.把它送进来吧
Okay, boys. Haul that on in here. Move your tails.
好了,伙计们,把那个抬过来,来活动活动
Bring it right on in. Right here. Bring it ahead. Straight ahead.
直接抬进来吧,就在这儿,往前走,直着走
That’s right.
很好
Right.
好的
Here, bring it right in, fellas. That’s it. Here we go.
这儿,往前抬就是了,行了,这就到地方了
A little more. Little more.
再过来点,过来一点点
That’s it.
好了
Watch the lady.
当心别碰着女人
Thanks a lot, guys.
多谢你们了,伙计们
Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
Get the crowbar and a hammer, Ralphie. Go on.
把撬棍和榔头拿来,拉尔菲,快去
“Fra-gi-ley.”
“Fra-gi-ley.”
That must be Italian.
这肯定是意大利文
I think that says “fragile.”
我觉得是“小心易碎”
Oh, yeah.
哦,对的
Here we go.
行了
They did a job on this, you know?
他们还真花了一番功夫呢,你们知道吗?
No, here, Ralph, hold this.
不,给你,拉尔菲,拿着这个
There could be anything in there!
这里面放什么东西都有可能啊!
Jesus!
上帝!
Maybe they forgot.
也许他们忘了放货了
It’s in there. It’s gotta be in there.
就在这里面,应该在里面的
Would you look at that?
你不想瞧瞧这个吗?
What?
什么啊?
Would you look at that?
你不想瞧瞧这个吗?
What is it?
这是什么啊?
It’s a leg!
是条大腿!
But what is it?
可这到底是什么啊?
Well, it’s a leg.
唔,就是条大腿
You know, like in a statue.
你知道的,大概是个雕塑吧
Statue?
雕塑?
Yeah, statue!
对,雕塑!
Yeah, statue!
是的,雕塑!
Ralphie!
拉尔菲!
My mother was trying to insinuate herself between us and the statue.
我妈妈试图跻身于我们和雕塑之间
Holy smoke, would you…
哇靠,你不想…
Do you know what this is?
你知道它是什么了吗?
This is a lamp.
它是盏灯
It was indeed a lamp.
这还真的是盏灯呢
Isn’t that great? What a great lamp!
这难道不棒吗?多棒的一盏灯啊!
I don’t know.
我不知道
Here, hold it. Hold it. Here, go on.
给,拿着,拿着,给你,快呀
The old man’s eyes boggled…
老爸双目放光
overcome by art.
整个被这件艺术品迷住了
I know just the place for it.
我知道该把它放哪儿了
Right in the middle of our front room window!
就放在我们正房♥窗户的正当中
Jesus, God.
天哪,上帝
Honey?
亲爱的?
No. It’s all right.
没事,没关系
Let’s see…
让我瞧瞧…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!