这星球上的每个人
Every living person on this planet
都拥有独一无二的双眼
has their own unique pair of eyes,
每双眼睛自成一个宇宙
each their own universe.
我是伊恩·格雷博士
My name is Dr. Ian Gray.
我是一位父亲
I’m a father,
一位丈夫
a husband
也是一名科学家
and I’m a scientist.
当我还是孩子时就发现
When I was a child I realized that the camera
相机的原理与人眼相同
was designed exactly like the human eye,
光线从镜头中穿过
taking in light through a lens,
再被转化为图像
forming it into images.
我开始尽可能多地
I began taking as many pictures of eyes
用相机记录他人的双眼
as I possibly could.
我想为你们讲述一个故事
I’d like to tell you the story
有一双眼睛 改变了我的世界
of the eyes that changed my world.
请记住这双眼睛
Remember these eyes.
记住眼睛中的每一处细节
Remember all the details in these eyes.
好了
Okay.
在故事的开头 我还是一名26岁的博士在读生
It started when I was a 26-year-old PhD student
在纽约生活
living in New York.
那是八年前的万圣夜
It was Halloween,eight years ago.
你还好吧
You okay?
我在赏月
I’m watching the moon.
能给你的眼睛拍张照吗
Can I take a picture of your eyes?
为什么
Why?
个人爱好
It’s just something I do.
好吧
Okay.
相机被我改良过了
I’ve perfected this.

Hi.

Hi.
你知道雉的故事吗
Do you know the story of the Phasianidae?
不知道
No.
那是什么
What’s that?
那是种鸟
It’s a bird…
它能在眨眼间感受全部的时间
that experiences all of time in one instant.
它能同时歌♥唱爱和愤怒
And she sings the song of love and anger
恐惧与快乐
and fear and joy and sadness
还有悲伤
all at once…
所有的感情都会化作一种美妙的声音
all combined into one magnificent sound.
你是何方神圣
Where are you from?
外星人
Another planet.
那种鸟的声音是什么样的
What does the bird sound like?
就像这样
It sounds like this.
靠近点
Lean closer.
老天
Geez…
更像是噪音
It’s more like noise.
是啊
Yeah.
当这种鸟
And this bird…
遇见它此生所爱的时候
when she meets the love of her life,
它会快乐 也会难过
is both happy and sad.
快乐是因为另一半的幸福才刚刚刚开始
Happy because she sees that,for him, it is the beginning,
难过是因为这幸福于它在眨眼间已然结束
and sad because she knows it is already over.
嘿 你想喝点什么吗
Hey, hey, do you want to get a drink?
不喝
I don’t drink.
什么都不喝吗
Like, anything?
你明早醒来后不会后悔吧
You’re not gonna regret this in the morning, right?
身份已确认
Your identity confirmed.
那个DNA转录因子项目 我做完了
I finished that transcription factor program.
昨晚做的?
Last night?
不是
No.
今早做的
This morning.
我♥干♥事可麻利了 小贱♥人♥
‘Cause, bitch, I don’t play.
这是录入基因 然后
Got the input genes, and then you put
你把转录因子… – 等等
your transcription factor… – Wait a minute.
你身上都是伏特加味
You stink of vodka.
我是说 这味道很难闻
I mean, like, bad. Like, it smells…
我知道 我知道我浑身酒臭味
Yeah, I know, I know I reek off vodka.
别那么大声说话
Stop talking so loud.
我把你全部的数据
Okay, I consolidated all your data
都整合进一个数据库了
into one database.
不用谢
You are welcome.
你太厉害了 我讨厌你
You’re amazing.I hate you.
我爱你才帮你整理的
Well, I love you–that’s why I do it.
对了
Oh, hey.
有个新的轮换学生给你带
You got a new rotating student.
一年级的
It’s a first-year.
我了个…
Oh, sh…
好好当个保姆吧 伙计
Have fun babysitting, buddy.
你该嚼口香糖了
You need gum.
你该带孩子去了
You need to have fun babysitting.
凯伦 – 嗨 我是伊恩
Karen. – Hi. Ian.
稍等
Can I…?
跟我来
Follow me.
你正在尝试
You’re attempting to make
让色盲老鼠分辨颜色? – 最初的设想是这样
color-blind mice see color? – That’s the idea.
不过在失败试验 编号♥…
But after failed experiment
352之后
352…
也许吧
we’ll see.
为什么
Why?
什么为什么
Why what?
为什么这么多实验都失败吗
Do so many experiments fail?
为什么你想让色盲老鼠分辨颜色呢
Why are you interested in making color-blind mice see color?
为什么不呢
Why not?
你怎么确定它们能不能分辨颜色
How are you testing that they see color?
作为新来的实验室轮换助手
As the new rotating lab assistant,
你的工作就是
your job will be to do very boring,
做些无聊又重复的实验
very repetitive experiments,
说好听些还能算个笔记员
be a glorified note taker,
以及不要不停问我『为什么』
and not ask me “why” every five minutes.
好吗
Okay?
很好
Cool.
开始实验…
Commencing experiment…
编号♥353
3-5-3,
测试家养小鼠对光色素蛋白的反应
response to photopigment protein in Mus musculus.
对照组对象 B 贝塔的B
The control subjects B Beta
伽玛的G
G Gamma,
喜悦的E
E Euphoria,
P…
P…
灵魂睡眠的P
Psychopannychia.
那词什么意思
I don’t know what that means.
你可以查字典
Look it up.
感谢上帝的G
“G” as in goodness gracious,
拜托帮帮忙的H
“H” as in help me, please,
《祖兰德》的Z
“Z” as in Zoolander,
对照组对象为
are the mice muted
抑制光色素蛋白后的小鼠
with the photopigment protein.
当线条开始移♥动♥时
When we animate the lines…
色盲的小鼠
color-blind mice
会凝视前方
stare straight.
然后
Whereas…
祝我们好运吧
fingers crossed…
被抑制的小鼠
the muted mice..
视线会跟随线条移♥动♥
…track the lines with their eyes.
我的天 – 我的天啊
Holy shit. – Holy fucking shit.
这是在PAX6基因
Is this on the background
超表达的情况下发生的吗
of PAX6 overexpression?
你真是一年级生?
You’re a first-year?
我知道了 你觉得一年级生什么都不懂
I know– it’s surprising I can put together a sentence.
抱歉 不过我之前那三个实验助手
Sorry, I… I asked my last three lab assistants
都让我直接给了学分送走了
not to come in and I’d sign their credits.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!