血色将至
There will be blood.
在这儿你有巨大的机会
You have a great chance here…
但要提醒的是 如果不小心你就会错过
But remind, you could loose it all if you’re not careful.
在这些渴望到地里钻探的人当中
Out of all men that beg for a chance to drill your lots…
只有5%的人可能成为油商
…maybe one in twenty will be oil men…
其他的人只是投机者
…the rest will be speculators
他们在你和油商之间
that’s men trying to get between you and the oil men
拿走本应属于你的那份钱
to get some of the money that ought by rights come to you.
即使你找到一个想钻探的有钱人
Even if you find one that has money, and means to drill
他可能对钻井一无所知
he’ll maybe know nothing about drilling
他不得不将这些工作承包出去
and he’ll have to hire out the job on contract
这样你就只能依靠承包商
and then you’re depending on a contractor
匆匆完成工作 他才能尽快接下一个活儿
to rush the job through, so he can get another contract just as quick as he can.
这就是运作方式
this is way that this works.
你有什么提议
what is your offer?
我们在浪费时间
We’re wasting time.
我给自己钻井
I do my own drilling
那些为我工作的人 为我工作的人
and the men that work for me, work for me
都是我所了解的人
and they are men I know.
我要做的就是在那儿监督他们工作
I make it my business to be there and to see their work.
我不会让工具掉到井里 然后花几个月去找
I don’t lose my tools in the hole and spend months fishing for them
我也不会弄坏固井 让水进洞毁了整个租约
I don’t botch the cementing off and let water in the hole and ruin the whole lease.
我是个有家事的人 我经营家族生意
I am a family man, I run the family business
这是我儿子兼搭档H.W.普雷弗尤
This is my son and my partner h.w. plainview.
我们为你们提供一个团队 一个家庭
We offer you the band, a family
很少油商能明白这一点
that very few oil men can understand.
我很不喜欢其他公♥司♥在这个地方
I’m fixed like no other company in this field
因为我在科尤特山上的油井刚刚开始
And that’s because my coyote hills well has just come in.
我有一大堆工具准备投入使用
I have a string of tools all ready to put to work.
我可以在一周内将钻探平台用卡车运来
I can load a rig onto trucks and have them here in a week.
我有业务关系
I have business connections
可以弄到井口铁架上的木料
So I can get the lumber for the derrick
这些都可以通过朋友很快搞定
such things go by friendship in a rush like this.
这就是我保证能开始钻探的原因
And this is why I can guarantee to start drilling
并用钱来兑现我的诺言
and put up the cash to back my word.
各位 我保证 不管别人是如何承诺的
I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do
到最后他们都不能履行他们的诺言
when it comes to the showdown, they won’t be there.
普雷弗尤先生
Mr. plainview.
普雷弗尤先生 你去哪儿
Mr. plainview where are you going?
我不需要这个租约 谢谢
I don’t need the lease, thank you.
-不 我们需要你 -太乱了
-no, we need you -too much confusion.
-谢谢你 -不 一点都不乱
-thank you for your time. -no, no, no, there’s no confusion.
我不会接受你们把租约像礼物一样给我
I wouldn’t take the lease if you gave it to me as a gift.
班克塞德先生 我不想浪费你的时间
Mr. bankside, I’m not going to waste your time
如果你不浪费我的时间我也会很感激
I certainly you appreciate it, if you didn’t waste mine.
如果你和我签约 十天内就可以开始钻井
If you wish to sign with me we can have a well drilling within ten days.
你那块地在已发现的井北边很远
Your lot is further north from the discovery well up here
意味着我们可能要挖得更深
so it means we will probably have to dig deeper.
如果那儿的石油和这儿一样多 我想
If there’s as much oil up here as I think there is
一定比这儿难开采
it will be harder to reach
一旦发现我们马上全部开采出来
but once we find it we can take it right out.
我们必须要快
But we have to act quickly
因为这些地方很快就会干枯
because very soon these fields will be dry.
我需要你知道该怎么做
I need you to know what you want to do.
因为和已发现井之间的距离
Because of the distance from the discovery well
我给你们的开采权限要比在那里少
I’ll pay you a smaller royalty than you’d get down there
但是我会给你们一千美金的红利
But I’m prepared to give you a 1000 dollar bonus on your lot.
-讲讲你所说的开采权限 -六分之一
-what kinda royalty you’re talking about? -one sixth.
加上十天内开始钻井的保证
Plus a guarantee to start drilling within ten days
这些条件你在别处找不到了
That’s something you won’t find anywhere else.
你孩子多大了
What age your children now?
一个10岁 一个12岁
Ten and twelve.
普雷弗尤先生 有个问题 你妻子在哪儿
Mr.plainview, a question sir. where’s your wife?
难产死了 班克塞德太太 现在就我和儿子
She died in child birth, mrs. bankside. it’s just me and my son now.
-普雷弗尤先生 -什么事
-mr. plainview? -yes?
你就是丹尼尔.普雷弗尤吗
Are you daniel plainview?
是的
Yes.
有什么事吗
What can I do for you?
你在找石油
You look for oil?
是的
That’s right.
你出多少钱买♥♥一条开采处的情报
What do you pay for a place that has it?
-看情况 -看什么情况呢
-that depends. -what does it depend on?
有很多
On a lot of things.
如果我告诉你有块地有石油
If I told you I knew a place that had oil
而且地价很便宜
where land could be bought cheaply
你觉得它值多少钱
what do you think that would be worth?
我觉得你应该告诉我具体情况
I think that you should let me know what you know.
我才能判断出多少
And we’ll try to work something out.
-我能做坐下吗 -请坐
-can I sit down? -please.
你信什么教
What church do you belong to?

I…
我欣赏所有的信仰 但并不属于某一特定的教会
I enjoy all faiths. I don’t belong to one church in particular.
它们我都喜欢 我喜欢一切 你从哪儿来
I like them all. I like everything. where are you from?
我会告诉你的 那正是我要卖♥♥给你的消息
That would be telling you. that’s what I want to sell you.
你来西格诺山干嘛
What are you doing in signal hill?
我们那儿有石油正从地下渗出来
We have oil and it seeps through the ground
想知道在哪儿你得付钱
Do you want to pay me to know where it is?
地上有点石油不代表地下就有
Just because there’s something on the ground doesn’t mean there’s anything beneath it.
为什么美孚石油买♥♥下所有的土地
Why did standard oil buy up land?
-是加州吗 -也许
-is it in california? -maybe.
他们买♥♥了多少地
How much land did they buy?
如果刚刚你不认为我蠢的话我感觉会好些
I’d like it better if you didn’t think I was stupid.
你为什么来找我
Why did you come to me?
这个井你刚刚开出来
You just brought this well in.
是的
That’s right.
给我500美元现金我就告诉你地点
Just give me 500 dollars in cash right now and I’ll tell you where it is.
我告诉你我会怎么做 我现在给你100美金
I’ll tell you what I’ll do son, I’ll give you 100 dollars now
如果真的如你所说
and if it proves to be a promising lease
我会再给你1000美元作奖励
i’ll give you a 1000 dollar bonus.
我只要600元
Six hundred dollars.
只要告诉我一件事让我判断一下
Just tell me one thing to help me do decide
你们还发现了什么
What else have you got up there?
你们那里种着什么
What do you grow?
我们有个大的农场 但是都是岩石
We have a big ranch, but it’s mostly rocks.
除了草 你种什么都不会长
You plant things, nothing will grow but weeds.
你怎么想起来问这个
What makes you think it’s up?
附近有硫磺或碱的沉积物吗
Is there sulphur around or alkali deposits?
附近有碱 硫磺我不清楚
Alkali nearby. I don’t know sulphur.
-那是你儿子吗 -是啊
-is that your son? -yes.
-你是谁 -我是福莱彻.汉密尔顿
-who are you? -i’m fletcher hamilton.
很高兴认识你孩子 你叫什么名字
Nice to meet you, son. what’s your name?
你做什么的
What do you do?
我和普雷弗尤先生一起工作
I work with mr. plainview.
这儿有500美元 告诉我有用的信息
Here’s 500 dollars, you tell me something worth hearing.
这些钱就是你的
This money is yours.
我来自伊莎贝拉郡一个叫小波士顿的镇
I come from a town called little boston in isabella county.
我们就在这儿 这是小波士顿的斯波尔车站
This is us here. spur station here at little boston.
森迪大农场就是你们要找的地方
The sunday ranch is what you’re looking for.
有条小路可以过去 离镇上有一英里
There’s a sheep trail that takes you there. it’s a mile out of town
往西走 不太远
headed west, not far.
穿过这个关口 在山脚下
Just through a small pass here, near the base of the hills.
经过一个教堂 沿着小路走
You’ll pass a church, just follow the sheep trail.
美孚把哪儿全买♥♥了
And where’s standard buying up?
这儿和这儿
Here and here.
-你姓森迪是吧 -是的
-your family’s name is sunday yes? -that’s right.
你家有多少人
How many’s in your family?
我父母 我妹妹 还有我弟弟伊莱
My father and mother and sisters and my brother, eli.
-你有几个妹妹 -两个
-how many sisters do you have? -two.
-你叫什么名字 -保尔
-what’s your name? -paul.
你家里有人知道你说的石油的事儿吗
Does any of your family know about the oil that you say is there?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!