我的宗教信仰就是棒球
I believe in the Church of Baseball.
曾经我也信仰过世界上 大部分的大小宗教
I’ve tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones.
我崇拜过释迦摩尼 真♥主♥安♥拉♥ 梵天 毗湿奴
I’ve worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu…
湿婆神 树精草怪 还有邓肯
Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan.
然后我学到了些道理
I know things.
比如说 玫瑰经念珠上有108颗珠子
For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary…
而任何一个棒球上都缝有108针
and there are 108 stitches in a baseball.
当我明白了这些 我也给过耶酥机会
When I learned that, I gaveJesus a chance.
可看来我们的脾气实在是不和
But it just didn’t work out between us.
我对无止尽的赎罪没什么兴趣
The Lord laid too much guilt on me.
比起神学 我更喜欢形而上学
I prefer metaphysics to theology.
你想 棒球不需要人赎罪
You see, there’s no guilt in baseball…
也永远不会使人厌烦
and it’s never boring…
就像是性♥爱♥一样
which makes it like sex.
和我睡过觉的球手
There’s never been a ballplayer who slept with me…
全都在当年达到了 棒球生涯的巅峰
who didn’t have the best year of his career.
做♥爱♥就像是挥杆击球…
Making love is like hitting a baseball…
你同样需要放松精神 和集中注意力
you just gotta relax and concentrate.
此外 我从不和打击率 低于250的人上♥床♥
Besides, I’d never sleep with a player hitting under.250…
除非他拥有极高的打点 或者他是优秀的中外野手
unless he had a lot of RBI’s or was a great glove man up the middle.
我让这些男孩们获得了人生的体验
You see, there’s a certain amount of life wisdom I give these boys.
这让他们变的聪明
I can expand their minds.
有时候当我和某个球员独处
Sometimes when I’ve got a ballplayer alone…
我会给他念艾米莉和惠特曼的诗
I’ll just read Emily Dickinson or Walt Whitman to him.
那些家伙可爱极了 他们总会静下来倾听
And the guys are so sweet, they always stay and listen.
当然 只要男人认为是性♥爱♥的前奏
Of course, a guy will listen to anything
都会很认真的去听
if he thinks it’s foreplay.
我让他们获得自信 而他们给我安全感…
I make them feel confident, and they make me feel safe…
还有美丽
and pretty.
我给了他们生命中最美好的时间
Of course, what I give them lasts a lifetime.
而他们让我白看了142场比赛
What they give me lasts 142 games.
有时候这交易看来并不合算
Sometimes it seems like a bad trade…
可这也是为了棒球
but bad trades is a part of baseball.
谁又能忘记弗兰克罗宾逊 为缪特巴帕斯做出的帮助
Who can forget Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas, for God’s sake?
赛季还很长 你总该抱有希望
It’s a long season, and you gotta trust it.
我试过所有的信仰 真的全试过
I’ve tried ’em all, I really have.
但只有一种真正留在心中…
And the only church that truly feeds the soul…
无论时光怎么流逝…那就是对棒球的狂热
day in, day out… is the Church of Baseball.
领队 麦克斯这家伙真叫人受不了
Hey, Skip, that Max, hell of a guy.
艾比在哪儿
Where’s Ebby?
他还没热身吗
Ain’t he warming up yet?
没有 这是他职业生涯的初次出赛
No. His professional debut tonight,
而他居然忘记了
and he forgets about it.
最好去找找我们的”胜利宝贝”吧
Better find our “bonus baby.”
看到艾比吗
Have you seen Ebby?
没有
No.
艾比
Ebby!

Jesus.
比赛再过四分钟就开始了 你怎么还不去热身
Game starts in four minutes. Why ain’t you warm?
我是在热身
I am warm.
今天是你在职业生涯的初次出赛
Jesus, this is your professional debut tonight.
成百万的人烧坏了脑子 花钱买♥♥票只为看你打球
Million guys give their left nut to be in your shoes.
而你却在紧要关头还在
You’re leaving your fastball
衣帽间里和不三不四的女人鬼混
in the locker room for some piece of ass.
领队 是我
Skip, it is me.
我不是那种”不三不四的女人”
I am not some, quote, piece of ass, unquote.
哦 米莉
Oh, Millie.
抱歉 没认出是你
Jeez, sorry. Didn’t recognize you.
但别以为我是在开玩笑 米莉
Don’t take this personally, Millie,
要是再让我在这儿逮到你…
but if I catch you in here again…
从此你就别想踏进棒球场一步
you’re banned from the ballpark.
你不能禁止我来这里
You can’t ban me from the ballpark…
球场上的积分板还是我爸爸捐赠的
’cause my daddy donated that scoreboard.
要是你禁止我来 他立马♥会♥把记分板给你拆走
And if you ban me, he just might take that scoreboard away.
我们要记分板有个屁用
What do we need a scoreboard for?
整一年我们都没得什么分
We ain’t scored any runs all year.
快给我滚出来
Now you get your ass out there!
老板 我有个问题
Hey, boss, I got a question.
什么
What?
你觉得我该起个绰号♥吗 我觉得有需要
You think I need a nickname? I think I need a nickname.
我们都讨论过了 所有优秀的球员都有绰号♥
We were talking about it. All the great ones have nicknames.
比如说”油罐”啦 “猫鱼”啦
Like “Oil Can,” “Catfish.”
你刚说的是什么来着…
What was the one you were…
“波奇小子”
“Pokey.”
觉得这如何
What do you think of”Pokey”?
你还有三分钟
You got three minutes.
混♥蛋♥ 真是脑袋里面进了水
Goddamn, son of a bitchin’, motherfuckin’ shithead!
还有时间再做一次
Time for another quickie.
天啊 你还得比赛呢
Jesus, you got a game to pitch.
还有三分钟
We got three minutes.
大伙来吧 让我们为麦克斯鼓掌…
Come on, folks. Let’s hear it for Max Patkin…
他是最可爱的棒球小丑
the clown prince of baseball.
还要坐到什么时候 上场了
You gonna sit there all day?
好戏就要开演了
And now “The Greatest Show on Dirt”…
达勒姆公牛队队员出场
your own Durham Bulls!
我来了 我准备好了
I’m there. I’m ready.
现在是北卡罗来纳电台 的泰迪格兰德
And now WRDU radio presents…
为您现场解说达勒姆公牛队比赛实况
the voice of the Durham Bulls, Teddy Garland.
本赛季公牛队出师不利 已经输掉了头三场比赛
The Bulls off to a slow start, having dropped their first three games.
但扭转连败局面的希望被寄托在
But hope to turn it around tonight with the professional debut…
年轻投手艾比卡尔文拉路什 的初次登场上
of heralded young pitcher, Ebby Calvin LaLoosh.
米莉 你不该去休息室的
Millie, you gotta stay out of the clubhouse.
现在可能会给大家都带来麻烦
You’re gonna get everybody in trouble.
我是被勾引的
I got lured.
你没有被勾引 女人是不会被勾引的
You did not get lured. Women do not get lured.
你有能力也有意志抵抗诱惑 现在跟着我说…
They are too strong and powerful for that. Now say it…
“我不是被勾引的 我会对我的行为负全责”
“I did not get lured. I accept full responsibility for my actions.”
“我不是被勾引的 我会对我的行为负全责”
“I did not get lured. I accept full responsibility for my actions.”
现在好点了 测试仪准备好了吗
That’s better. You got your radar ready?
-准备好了 -那快就位
-Ready. -Go to it.
半岛白袜队第一棒打者…
Steppin’ in for the Peninsula White Sox…
威利福斯特出场
is leadoff hitter Willie Foster.
拉路什是位英俊 年轻的投球手
Word on LaLoosh is that the good-looking, young pitcher…
拿手技是一流的快速球 可惜状态不太稳定
has a major-league fastball, but sometimes has problems with control.
好家伙
Damn.
一坏 没有好球
One ball, no strikes to Willie Foster.
没关系
No problem!
加油 一 二 三 宝贝
Go get ’em, one, two, three, babe. Get ’em, big guy.
时速九十五英里
Ninety-five miles an hour.
太棒了 他正在状态
That’s great. He looks just great.
半岛白袜队保送上垒
Stepping in for the Peninsula White Sox…
下一棒艾伦波利出场
second baseman Allen Powley.
怎么会这样
What’s it say?
结束动作时他没有弯背
It says he’s not bending his back on his follow-through.
斯科特 把这交给艾比卡尔文
Scotty, baby, take this to Ebby Calvin.
好吧 让我们来好好瞧瞧 艾比卡尔文是何方神圣
All right, let’s get down to it. How was Ebby Calvin LaLoosh?
他的投球就和做♥爱♥时一个样
Well, he fucks like he pitches.
搞的乱七八糟的
Sort of all over the place.

My!
18次保送上垒
He walked 18.
联赛的新记录
A new league record.
-18次三振出局 -又是一个联赛新记录
-Struck out 18. -Another new league record.
此外 他还击中体育记者…
In addition, he hit the sportswriter…
击中现场解说 还击中吉祥牛两次
the public address announcer, the Bull mascot twice.
这也是联赛新记录
Also, new league records.
不过话说回来 乔…
But, Joe…
这家伙还真有一手
this guy’s got some serious shit.
是有一手
Yeah, serious shit.
你是谁 他是谁
Who are you? Who’s he?
我是”你会记得的球员”
I’m “the player to be named later.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!