现在播报特别报导
And now an item of special note.
在变幻多端的气候下
Barring any change in the weather,
早安越南
133军团和第4步兵团手球赛
the softball game between the 133rd and 4th infantry divisions…
将在班米都公园举♥行♥
will resume as scheduled at the Ban Mi Thout Park,
叶何转角处 西贡的文班秋街
corner of Viet Ho and Hguen Van Theiuh streets here in Saigon.
请密切注意
Please make a note of it.
对不起
Excuse me.
上周在大雨中遗失装备的人员
Those men who lost equipment in last week’s rains…
请与山姆·谢尔中尉连络
are asked to contact Lieutenant Sam Scheer.
史纳尔中尉…
Lieutenant Schneer…
谢尔中尉要求大家
Lieutenant Scheer asks those men with waterlogged mitts…
在申请新装备前尽量在水中寻找
to make every effort to dry them out in the sun before requesting new ones.
书虫 西贡总部支援的图书馆
Bookworms, Headquarters Support Activities Saigon…
分设于6个地点
operates libraries at six locations in the Republic of Vietnam.
美国人员能在古拜 迪南 方涛
American personnel can check out a book in Ku Bai, Da Nang,
西贡 边化和山泉借到书
Phung Tao, Saigon, Bien Wah and San Treng.
如你无法亲自去挑选书籍
If you can’t stop in and select your own books,
写信给HSAS图书馆
write to the H.S.A.S. Library.
写明作者 书名 主题
Ask for the books by author, title and subject,
你所选的书将会邮寄给你
and your selections will be mailed to you.
假日已渐渐接近
With the holiday season rapidly approaching,
那些将发圣诞卡回家的人…
those personnel wishing to spend Christmas cards home…
希望寄圣诞卡回家的人
wishing to send Christmas cards home to the States…
请在10月13日前寄出
are asked to do so no later than August 13,
因在那之后邮件将会大增…
due to a yearly mail rush at that time.
陆军部对于物品在运送途中遗失
the Armed Forces sincerely regrets any inconvenience…
所引起的不方便感到十分抱歉
due to luggage lost on transport carriers.
单人遗失的物品…
Personal missing luggage…
应该是个人遗失的物品的人
that should be personnel missing luggage…
请在5日前寄张卡片至克少校处
are asked to drop a card to Major Gerald Kleiner over at the Fifth.
卡片不要超过4X5寸大小
The card should be no larger than four by five inches…
并请说明物品内的东西
and should describe the contents of your duffel.
克少校希望大家 克少校希望大家
and should describe the contents of your duffel. Major Kleiner requests that you
不要描述物品的外形
do not describe your duffel
因所有的物品看来都差不多
as all duffels look alike.
遗失物品的人员…
Those personnel with lost bag…
康纳空军人员
Airman Cronauer?
没错
You got it.
欢迎到西贡来 长官
Welcome to Saigon, sir.
小心点 你可能会刺到眼睛
Careful. You could put an eye out with that.
很暖和吧
God, it’s warm, huh?
暖和 不是
Warm? No.
如是在伦敦的话早就晒死人了
This is a setting for London broil.
我是艾德 蒙特秋 加利上士
I’m Private First Class Edward
听你差遣 长官
Montesque Garlick at your service, sir.
你第一件事就是去改个新名字
First thing, Garlick, is you gotta requisition a new name.
我已喜欢你了
I like you already, sir.
事实上我是你在西贡军中电台
Actually, what I am, sir, is your Armed Forces Radio Saigon assistant who’s in charge…
负责协调和人事上的助理
of orientation and billeting of enlisted personnel,
以及电台职员
and company clerk. Whew.
我很感动
I’m impressed.
已经发动了
It’s already started.
我了解
I understand.
这是西贡AFRS电台
This is AFRS, Radio Saigon.
AFRS电台是隶属美国政♥府♥
AFRS Radio is owned and operated by the United States government… and operates on an assigned carrier frequency of 540…
这小子像鲸鱼粪一样无聊
-at 7 49 megahertz. -Jesus, that guy’s as boring as whale shit.
不尽然 这是宣布广播的途径
-And now AFRS is proud to bring you the following… -Not really. See, the purpose is to inform you as to the radius of the radio waves.
-蒙特瓦尼 -那是给失眠者
-by Mantovani. -Mantovani?
在服了大量安♥眠♥药♥仍睡不着听的
They play Mantovani to insomniacs who don’t respond to strong drugs.
将军喜欢轻音乐…
The general likes easy listening. I’m really gonna have to inform you…
紧急事件 11点钟方向
Mayday! Mayday! Dragon lady with incredible figure at eleven o’clock.
有位身材极佳的龙女 停车
-Stop the car.
我办不到 长官
I can’t do that, sir.
为什么 我真不明白
Edward, you don’t understand.
希腊有个小岛上女人有如女神般
I’ve been on a Greek island with women who look like Zorba.
我以为再也找不到那样的小姐
I never thought I’d find women attractive ever again.
现在找到了 你竟不停车
And now that I do, you won’t even turn the car around?
多谢了
Thanks a lot.
你和主管有重要的会议
-You have a very important meeting with the top brass.
她又出现了 她怎么在我们前面 那是另外一个人
-Oh! There she is again! How’d she get ahead of us? -That’s another person, sir.
她美丽 又快速
Ah, she’s beautiful and quick.
加油门 试试活力
Speed up. Check her stamina.
不可思议
This is incredible! My God, they’re quick. They’re fast and small.
我的天 她们又快又美又小 我觉得像是狐狸进了鸡窝了
Ha-ha-ha-ha! I feel like a fox in a chicken coop.
我们来了一位新进人员
We got a new man comin’ in.
了解吗 迪克
-Don’t you understand, Dick?
不 长官 老实说我不了解
-No, sir. Frankly, I do not understand.
请你把音调放低点 好吗
Would you kindly lower your tone, please?

Yes, sir.
节目都是我在掌理的 将军
I run this show, General.
如有差错的话是我倒霉
If anything screws up, it’s my ass in the morgue.
如有任何变动应该通知我
I deserve to be notified of any changes that are made.
对于这桌没有人和你争执
Nobody’s arguing that with you.
我在克圭岛听到这小子的节目
Look, I caught his show on the lsle of Crete, and this guy is funny.
他很风趣 我差点笑死
I damn near busted a gut laughing at him.
部队爱死了
And the troops, they love him.
这只是小改变 根本不算什么
This is a tempest in a teacup, much ado about nothing.
天呀 这不是脑部手术
For crying out loud, man, this isn’t brain surgery.
别反应过度了 迪克
Don’t get crazy over this, Dick.
我们只是在谈一名鬼DJ而已
We’re only talking about a damn deejay.
长官 在西贡已没有
Sir, there is no such thing as “only” anymore.
只有如此而已的事了
Not now. Not in Saigon.
史帝芬 哈克中尉是直属长官
Lieutenant Steven Hauk is our immediate supervisor.
他有点古怪 但他人还不错
He’s a little goofy, but he’s okay.
迪克生士官长…
Sergeant Major Dickerson…
那则完全是另一回事
That’s another story altogether.
他是精选特种部队的小队长
He was a commander of an elite special forces unit.
因神精质问题而调来这里
He came to us because of prostrate problems…
某种社会影响性的问题无法解决
and some sort of social infection that doesn’t go away.
外加我认为他是屁♥股♥中弹
Plus, I think he got shot in the ass, but I can’t confirm that.
但我无法确认这件事 总之 他是你不想去惹的人
Anyway, he’s the man that you don’t want to aggravate.
你一向这么快乐吗
-Ed, are you always this happy?
康纳 长官
-Cronauer!-Sir!
稍息 我是泰勒将军
-At ease. I’m General Taylor.
你好 将军
-Hiya, General.
幸会
-A real pleasure.
你如果有问题的话只管来找我
Listen, if you have any problems here now, you come see me.
我是这里的最高长官
I’m the tallest hog in the trough around here.
你又肥了吗
-Garlick, have you put on some weight?
我想没有 长官
-I don’t think so, sir.
照你屁♥股♥的影子来看
Why, son, the shadow
你像重了二十磅
of your ass’d weigh 20 pounds.
我会努力 长官
I’ll work on that, sir.
你不该对将军说你好
You’re not supposed to address the general saying “hiya.”
又有新的规定吗
-What’s that, a new rule?
不 老规定
-No, an old rule.
里面那位是哈克中尉
-That’s Lt. Hauk in there.
大耳朵的那位是谁
-Who’s the guy with the ears?
你好 他可以用那耳朵飞到关岛
How’re you doin’? He could fly to Guam with those.
空军人员康纳
Uh, Airman Cronauer, sir.
偶而向我敬个礼不会害死你们的
You know, i-it wouldn’t kill you people to salute me once in a while.
抱歉
-Sorry.
谢谢
-Thanks.
我知道你是位很风趣的DJ
I understand you’re pretty funny as a deejay,
说笑话是我的一种喜好
and well, comedy is a kind of hobby of mine.
事实上 那不仅是一种喜好
Well… Well, actually, it’s a little more than just a hobby.
读者文摘考虑采用我的二则笑话
Reader’s Digest is considering publishing two of my jokes.
真的
-Really?

-Y eah.
也许那天晚上可以交换一下心得

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!