本片改编自1963年出版的由勒约翰.卡雷写作的谍报小说。
本片共获奖6次,提名4次。
男主角理查德·伯顿凭借此片荣获1966年第38届奥斯卡金像奖最佳男主角提名。
1966年第38届奥斯卡金像奖最佳男主角是李.马文(《女贼金丝猫》)
喝杯咖啡吧,先生
(查理检查站是进出1个城市中的2个国家的8个检查站中的1个)
Coffee, sir.
你该回去睡会儿了,利马斯先生
(查理检查站在冷战时非德国人在东西柏林之间通行的关口)
You should go back and sleep, Mr. Leamas.
他出现的时候我们会打电♥话♥给你的
(柏林墙推到后,查理检查站保留下来,成为博物馆)
We’ll ring you if he should show up.
他有可能在其他时间来
(博物馆收集了许多当时的普通人企图越过柏林墙的故事)
Maybe he’ll come some other time.
我们能让警♥察♥通知你。你可以过20分钟再回来。
(“Charlie”是字母“C”的代名词,查理检查站即C号♥检查站)
We can have the police contact you. You can be back here in 20 minutes.
你不能永远等下去,先生
You can’t wait forever, sir.
他可能和工人们一起回来,也可能混在夜间的人群中
He’ll come with the workmen. He’ll come with the night crowd.
他会来的
He’ll come.
你昨晚也是这么说的
That’s what you said last night.
特工不是航♥班♥飞机,你知道,他们没有日程表
Agents are not airplanes, you know. They don’t have schedules.
难道他们在CIA没这么教过你么?
Didn’t they teach you that in the ClA?
他正在路上
He’s on the run.
穆特在跟着他
Mundt is after him at this moment.
让他自己选择时机
Let him choose his own time.
穆特曾有机会抓住他,就像他抓住其他人一样
Mundt may have caught him like he’s caught all the others.
利麦克不象其他人
Riemeck’s not like the others.
你需要些睡眠,先生
You need some sleep, sir.
听着,你想走就走吧
Look, if you want to go, go.
你已经做得非常好了,我会告诉上面你干得真♥他♥妈♥的好
You’ve been very good. I’ll tell the agency you’ve been damn good.
我出去转转
I’ll be around.
你正在离开美国所属区域
(著名的告示牌)
出了什么问题?为什么东德警♥察♥离得这么近?
What’s wrong? Why are the Vopos so close?
不知道
I don’t know.
你有没有接到为叛逃的人提供火力掩护的命令?
What are your orders for giving covering fire to protect a man on the run?
如果他们的子弹打到这边,我们回击。就这些了
If they shoot into the West, we shoot back. That’s all.
我们不能提供掩护火力,这是事实
We cannot give covering fire. That’s the truth.
他们告诉我们那会引起战争的
They tell us there would be war if we did.
有个人今晚要过来
I’ve got a man coming over tonight.
这里?在这个交叉口?
(查理检查站位于弗里德里希大街和Zimmerstrasse街交界处)
Here? At this crossing point?
如果我们能把他弄过来的话,那将会是最大的收获
It’d mean a great deal if we could get him out.
现在还有些能爬过柏林墙的地方
There are still places where you can climb.
不是那样,他……
Not that kind, he…
他得骗过那些守卫
He’d bluff his way through.
他会带些文件,如果那些文件有用的话
He’s got papers, if the papers are any good.
有个骑车的人
A man with a bicycle.
站住!
(前面提到东德警♥察♥站的那么近)
Halt!
站住!
(是因为要求射出去的子弹必须射在本方边界内)
Halt!
站住!
(子弹飞过界,有引发战争的可能)
Halt!
“老总”为什么叫我会来?
(Control翻译借用电影《Tinker.Tailor.Soldier.Spy》的“老总”)
Why has Control called me back?
“老总”对利麦克被穆特清除的事很恼火
(Control翻译借用电影《Tinker.Tailor.Soldier.Spy》的“老总”)
Control’s pretty vexed about Mundt liquidating Riemeck.
那为什么没让他继续留在柏林
Then why doesn’t he have sense to let his station head stay in Berlin
找个人清除穆特
and arrange for somebody to liquidate Mundt?
– 柏森
– Pawson.
– 是的,先生?
– Yes, sir?
– 你在哪个部门?
– What section are you in?
– 人事部
– Personnel.
– 你喜欢么?
– Do you like it?
– 不错
– Fascinating.
能知道每个人的命运
You get to know everybody’s fate.
– 那我的呢?
– What’s mine?
– 最好让“老总”来告诉你
– Better let Control tell you that.
这不是我的工作
It’s not my job.
但是你知道,不是么?
But you do know, of course.
啊,
Here.
利马斯
Leamas.
“老总”
Control.
你的大衣
Your coat.
谢谢
Thank you.
来,坐下吧,你一定累了
Well, do sit down. You must be tired.
我担心,简妮不在
Ginnie’s away, I’m afraid.
这个新来的姑娘从不温茶壶
This new girl, she never warms the pot.
她给帕特里斯打过电♥话♥了,想象一下吧
She’s called Patrice. Imagine.
还是加2块
It used to be two lumps.
还是
It still is.
– 当然了,不加牛奶
– And, of course, no milk.
– 不加牛奶,不
– No milk, no.
真让人发狂,不是么?
Simply maddening, isn’t it?
有人奇怪,他们怎么会都被抓的
One wonders how they catch them all.
兰德斯尔
Landsor.
萨拉曼,现在又是卡尔 利麦克
Salamon and now Karl Riemeck.
真是可惜,我们失去他了
Such a pity we lost him.
你想喝一杯么?
Would you like a drink?
我想等会儿
I’ll wait.
你还这么做么?
You’re still doing that?
我想知道你是不是累了,筋疲力尽
I wondered whether you were tired, burnt-out.
在这里,我们理解这种情况
Well, that’s a phenomenon we understand here.
就像金属疲劳
It’s like metal fatigue.
我们不能有同情心,不是么?
We have to live without sympathy, don’t we?
一个人不能永远那么做
Can’t do that forever.
不能总是在门外徘徊
One can’t stay out-of-doors all the time.
必须进屋去
One needs to come in.
才能抵御寒冷
In from the cold.
我是个执行者,“老总”,只是个执行者
I’m an operator, Control. Just an operator.
银行那里有个空缺,可能适合你
There’s a vacancy in Banking which might suit you.
对不起,我是个执行任务的人
Sorry, I’m an operational man.
我情愿退休,也不愿坐在办公室里
I’ll take my pension. I don’t want a desk job.
– 你并不知道办公室里有些什么
– You don’t know what’s on the desk.
– 文件
– Paper.
我想让你……
I want you to…
……在户外的寒冷中……
…to stay out in the cold…
……多待些时间
…a little longer.
请坐下
Please do sit down.
据我所知,我们的工作是基于一个假设
Our work, as I understand it, is based on a single assumption.
西方从不会是挑衅者
The West is never going to be the aggressor.
所以……
Thus…
……即使我们做些不讨人喜欢的事,但是是防御性的
…we do disagreeable things, but we’re defensive.
我们的政策是和平的……
Our policies are peaceful…
……但我们的方法可能是无情的
…but our methods can’t afford to be less ruthless
必须比我们的敌人更加无情
than those of the opposition.
不是么?
Can they?
我必须承认,自从上次战争以来
Well, I’d say, since the war,
我们的方法,我们的技术,
our methods, our techniques, that is,
以及那些社♥会♥主♥义♥者的方法和技术都变得非常相似
and those of the Communists, have become very much the same.
是的
Yes.
我的意思是…
I mean…
…有时候,我们必须作些不道德的事
…occasionally, we have to do wicked things.
真是非常的不道德
Very wicked things indeed.
但是你不能比你的敌人道德
But you can’t be less wicked than your enemies
仅仅因为你的政♥府♥是仁慈的,
simply because your government’s policy is benevolent…
不是么?
…can you?
现在我对于穆特的想法…
And what I have in mind for Mundt…
…有一点超出寻常范围
…is a little out of the ordinary.
– 你还没碰到他,是么?
– You haven’t met him, have you?
– 穆特?没有
– Mundt? No.
59年的时候他在这里
But he was here in ’59.
作为“东德钢铁行动”的成员出现
He was posing as a member of the East German Steel Mission.
那时,我在柏林
I was in Berlin.
嗯…
And
…你觉得他是怎么样的人?
…how do you feel about him?
– 我的感觉么?
– Feel?
– 是的
– Yes.
这人极其差劲
He’s a bastard.
很正确