Orange County Fire Rescue.
橘郡消防救援
6600 Sea Harbor Drive.
海港大道6600
SeaWorld Stadium.
海洋世界场馆
Okay.
好的
We actually have a trainer in the water
我们有一个驯兽师
with one of our whales–
和一条鲸鱼一起进到了水中
the whale that they’re not supposed to be in the water with.
那条鲸鱼是不应该和驯兽师一起进到水中的
Okay. We’ll get somebody en route.
好的 我们会找巡逻人员过来处理
Okay, through gate #3 to Shamu Stadium.
好的 从3号♥门进到虎鲸游泳池
Gate 3.
3号♥门
Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
橘郡警长办公室
We need SO to respond
我们需要安全观察员
for a dead person at SeaWorld.
对海洋世界的一个死者作出回应
Uh, a whale has eaten one of the trainers.
呃 一条鲸鱼把一个驯兽师吃了
A whale ate one of the trainers?
一条鲸鱼把一个驯兽师吃了?
That’s correct.
是的
黑 鲸
Do you believe?
你相信吗?
My parents first brought me to a SeaWorld park
很小的时候 我父母第一次带我到
when I was very young.
海洋世界公园
From that point forward, I was hooked.
从前面那一点看 我震惊了
约翰·哈格罗夫 前海洋世界驯兽师
It meant everything to me because
这对我来说意味着一切
I’d never wanted anything more.
因为我从没想要过更多
I remember being probably in first or second grade
我记得大概在一二年级时
watching National Geographic specials
看国家地理频道的特辑
or Mutual of Omaha specials
或者奥马哈互动特辑
and seeing whales and seeing dolphins and as a little kid
看到鲸鱼和海豚 作为一个小孩子
just being really incredibly inspired by it.
我备受鼓舞 真是令人难以置信
萨曼莎·伯格 前海洋世界驯兽师
I never went to SeaWorld.
我从来没有去过海洋世界
I grew up in New York, so I went to the Bronx Zoo.
我在纽约长大 所以我去过布朗克斯动物园
Grew up on a lake with horses. We’d swim the horses.
在湖边和马群一起长大 我们会让马游泳
I grew up around the ocean.
我在海边长大
I came from the middle of the country in flatland Kansas.
我来自美国中部的堪萨斯平原
I’m from Virginia.
我来自弗吉尼亚州
Traveled down, did the theme park thing
在奥兰多从事主题公园的工作
马克·西门斯 前海洋世界驯兽师
in Orlando when I was 17
那时我才17岁
and saw the night show at Shamu Stadium.
我在虎鲸馆看到了晚间表演
Very emotional, you know, popular music.
表演非常感人 音乐很受欢迎
And I was just– I was very driven to want to do that.
我备受驱动 很想从事那个工作
Then I saw what the trainers did…
当时我看到驯兽师所做的一切…
and I said, “That’s what I want to do.”
我说 这就是我想要做的
One of the trainers there, he goes,
有一个驯兽师在那说
“What are you doing out there? You should be a trainer.”
你在那外面干什么工作? 你应该做驯兽师
I go, “I don’t know how to train animals.
我说 不知道如何训练动物
I’ve never trained animals in my life.”
我生平从来没有训练过动物
How do you prepare yourself for an encounter
当你遇到一条8000磅重的虎鲸
with an 8,000-pound Orcinus orca?
你如何武装自己?
I always thought you needed, like, a master’s degree
我一直以为需要海洋生物学硕士学位
in marine biology to be a trainer.
才能成为驯兽师
It takes years of study and experience
这需要多年的研究和经验
to meet the strict requirements necessary
以满足严格的要求
to interact in the water with Shamu.
在水中与虎鲸互动
Come to find out, it really is more about
最后发现 这不仅仅是你的个性
your personality and how good you can swim.
和你游泳技术有多好的问题
I went and tried out, got the job right away.
我去参加选拔 马上就得到了这份工作
I’m like, “Yeah!” So excited, you know.
我兴奋得耶的一声大叫起来
I was so, so excited.
我非常 非常兴奋
I really wanted to be there. I really wanted to do the job.
我真的很想到那里 我真的很想做这个工作
I couldn’t wait to get in the water with the animals.
我迫不及待地与动物进到水中
I really was proud of being a SeaWorld trainer.
作为一个海洋世界驯兽师 我真的感到很骄傲
You know, I thought this was the most amazing job.
我认为这是最了不起的工作
I showed up there on my first day, not really knowing what to expect.
我出现在那里的第一天 真的不知道该期待什么
卡萝·雷 前海洋世界驯兽师
I was told to put on a wetsuit and get in the water.
有人叫我穿上潜水衣并进到水中
Hi, Mom!
嗨 妈妈!
Oh, I was scared out of my wits.
噢 我被吓得魂飞魄散
First of all, I put my wetsuit on backwards
首先 我把潜水衣穿反了
because I was raised on a farm in Virginia.
因为我是在弗吉尼亚州的一个农场上被抚养长大的
Hi, Dad! – My first thought
嗨 爸爸! -我的第一个念头
and memory of that time was that dolphins are a lot bigger…
和记忆是 当你进到水中
…heh, than they look
与它们相邻时
when you get in the water next to them.
它们远比看上去要大得多
Well, I watched the Sea Lion & Otter Show,
我看过海狮和水獭的表演
迪恩·戈默索尔 前海洋世界驯兽师
and this guy, Mike Morocco,
这家伙 迈克·摩洛哥
he comes out during the show with a dress on as Dorky,
在表演期间他穿着一条连衣裙
the alter ego of Dorothy–
像多萝西的另一面一样傻乎乎地走出来
in a dress with a sea lion, the Coward Sea Lion, right?
他穿着连衣裙和一头懦弱海狮在一起 对吗?
And he’s walking along with this little basket,
他正拿着他的小篮子一路走
and I go, “I will never, ever do that.”
然后我说”我永远都不会那样做”
You know? Two months later…
你知道吗? 两个月之后…
Hi, I’m Dorky!
我就对大家说 嗨 我是傻猪!
Walking out onstage with a sea lion.
然后我就和一头海狮走到舞台上
I was overwhelmed and I was so excited.
我不知所措 同时我又如此兴奋
I mean, just seeing a killer whale…
我是说 看到鲸鱼杀手
is breathtaking.
这是使人透不过气来的事情
I was just in awe.
我只是觉得敬畏
约翰·杰特 前海洋世界驯兽师
It’s shocking to see how large they are
看到它们如此巨大 如此美丽
and how beautiful they are.
真是令人震惊
Being in the presence of the killer whales
在虎鲸面前
was just inspiring and amazing,
是多么鼓舞人心和令人惊异
and I remember seeing them for the first time,
我记得第一次看到他们
just not being able to believe how huge they were.
简直不能相信它们是如此巨大
You’re there because you want to train killer whales and that’s your goal.
你在那里是因为你要训练虎鲸 这是你的目标
Yay!
啊!
I didn’t know it was going to happen,
我不知道它会发生
so I wasn’t expecting it.
所以我并不指望它会发生
And one day they say, “Okay, Sam, you’re ready to go.”
一天他们说 “好的山姆 你已经准备好了”
Come on, you got it.
来吧 你能行
“You’re going to stand on the whale.
“你要站在鲸鱼身上
You’re going to dive off the whale.
你要在鲸鱼身上跳水
The whale’s going to swim under you and pick you up again.
然后鲸鱼游到你下面 并再把你接住
And then you’re going to do a perimeter ride around the pool.”
然后你要乘着鲸鱼在水池周边周♥旋♥一圈”
Good!
好!
Keep moving. Ride him to the slide-out.
继续前进 骑着它然后滑出来
They just told me to go do it and I did it.
他们叫我去做 而且我做到了
Wow, I did– I just rode a killer whale.
哇 我做到了 我骑了虎鲸
Yay, girly!
啊 乖乖女!
When you look into their eyes, you know somebody is home.
当你看着他们的眼睛 你就知道有人在家
Somebody’s looking back.
有人在往回看
You form a very personal relationship with your animal.
你和动物形成了一个非常个人化的关系
There’s something absolutely amazing
和动物一起工作
about working with an animal.
绝对是令人惊异的
You are a team.
你们是一个团队
You build a relationship together.
你们共同建立起合作关系
You both understand the goal and you help each other.
你们都明白目标是什么 并互相帮助
I’ve been with this whale since I was 18 years old
自从18岁起 我就和这条鲸鱼一起工作了
and I’ve seen her have all four of her babies.
我见过她诞下所有四个婴儿
We’ve grown up together. Huh?
我们一起长大 是吗?
That’s the joy I got out of it.
这就是我从中得到的快乐
It’s a relationship like I’ve never had.
这是我从没有过一种关系
Bro, I have to know– are you nervous?
兄弟 我得知道 你紧张吗?
I’m scared.
我很害怕
Oh, no. – Nice hair, Jeff.
噢 不 -好漂亮的头发 杰夫
Did you see anything?
你有没有看到什么东西?
Projection for the future of Jeff Ventre.
预测未来的杰夫·文特雷
杰弗瑞·文特雷 前海洋世界驯兽师
Jeff Ventre is going to go over there, he’s going to shine.
杰夫·文特雷将要到那边去 他将要大放异彩
You’re going to notice… – Dawn.
你会注意到… -道恩
Oh, that’s Dawn. – Wow.
噢 那是道恩 -哇

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!