上 班 女 郎
祝您生日快乐
Happy birthday to you
您许愿了 对
Did you make a wish? – Yeah.
不吃午餐了 我有演讲课要上
No lunch. I got speech class.
为什么要上演讲课 您的语言能力很好啊
What do you need speech class for? You talk fine.
我五点来接您 我们一起回去
I’ll pick you up at five, we’ll ride back together.
不行 我有新兴市场学课程 大概要到五点半
I can’t. I got Emerging Markets seminar at 5.30.
哇 这可是您的生日啊 难道他们没有您 就新兴不了市场了吗
Jeez, it’s your birthday. Can’t they emerge without you just this once?
那我的惊喜晚会是几点 什么
What time is my surprise party? – What?
行了 不要骗我了
Come on.
我应该是七点到您家
I’m supposed to have you home at seven.
那我尽早结束 争取七点十五分左右到家 行吗
I’ll cut out early and be home at 7.15, OK?
好吧 非常 非常感谢了
All right. – Thank you very much.
早安 泰丝 早安
Morning, Tess. – Morning.
您好 泰丝 您好
Hi, Tess. – Hi.
特寇先生专线
Mr Turkel’s line.
请问您是哪位
Who’s calling, please?
请稍等
Hold on a moment.
兹先生
Mr Lutz?
请您稍等一下好吗
Hold on a second, all right?
特寇先生
Mr Turkel?
阿莱盖实先生要 嗨
Mr Alagash… Hi.
阿莱盖实先生急切的 要跟您通话 您难道不能请他 稍等一分钟吗
Mr Alagash is real anxious to talk to you. – You couldn’t maybe get him to hold?
就是您的那位 在单提特克的客户 从来都最急着 兑换期票的那位
You got him in Dentitech – the one I said go short on.
那也没关系 但是他不愿意和秘书谈
It’s fine, but he don’t wanna hear it from a secretary.
怎么会没有纸 什么
There’s no paper. – What?
里面没有他妈的便条纸 能帮我拿一些吗
There is no goddamned paper in this stall. Get me some?
谢谢您的帮助
Thanks. You’re very kind.
您在单提特克的期票 价格是18元 特寇先生马上过来
You’re short on Dentitech at 18. He’ll be right here.
单提特克要收盘了吗?
See Dentitech closing?
到了17又1/8?到周一,我打赌它会落到16元 并且保持在那里
17 and 1/8? Come Monday, I bet it’s 16 and still sittin’ there.
您是怎么预测的?他们公布的是23,却只有一个产品
How you figure? – They went public at 23 with one product.
漱口剂祛斑法
Plaque-removing mouthwash?
一口漱口剂去除了牙斑 您就要把它吐出去
You rinse, you get this glob of plaque you gotta spit out.
可能是很大的一口 当然了 不能每次都赚钱的
Maybe it’ll be big, but no one ever got rich
高估的是什么 美国的大众需要预测
overestimating what the American public wants to taste.
也许吧
Maybe.
泰丝 在我离开前 我有一些好的和坏的消息 要告诉您
Before I run, Tess, I have some good news and some bad news.
您想参与干部培训 但他们又一次拒绝了
The straight shot is they turned you down for the entry programme again.
为什么 泰丝 我们已经尽力了
Why? – We did all we could, Tessy.
您面对的是哈佛大学 和沃顿商学院的高材生
You’re up against Harvard and Wharton graduates.
在您的履历表上 只有夜校毕业 和一些秘书的资历
You’ve got some night school, some secretarial time on your sheet.
泰丝 这是基♥督♥徒和狮子的故事 对啊
Christians and lions, Tess. – That’s right.
那好的消息是什么 大卫有个朋友
And the good news? – Dave has a friend.
套汇部的鲍勃 他们那里正需要 您这样饥渴的人
Bob in Arbitrage. You’re so hungry, they’re looking for hungry down there.
真的吗 在那里 饥渴就是那个案子的名字
Really? – Hungry’s the name of the game down there.
鲍勃正在找一位助理 他想先请您喝一杯
Bob’s looking for an assistant and wants to meet you for a drink.
这不是您们又一次设的陷阱吧
This isn’t another setup?
您看我像个拉皮条的吗
Do I look like a pimp?
他说需要一个饥渴的人 我一听就想到泰丝 剩下的风险 您自己决定
Bob says he’s looking for hungry, I think to myself “Tess”. The rest is up to you.
套汇部的鲍勃 鲍勃斯贝克
Bob in Arbitrage. – Bob Speck.
内线分机256 他正等着您的电♥话♥呢
Extension 256. Expecting your call.
快去争取吧 泰丝
Go get ’em, Tessy.
您该告诉大家啊 祝贺您 泰丝
You should have told us. Congratulations, Tessy.
谢谢了
Thanks.
米克
Mick?
惊 喜
Surprise.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
您真漂亮
You look great.
过来吧
Come here.
您知道么米克 起码哪怕有一次 我该得到一件毛衣 或者耳环什么的
You know, Mick, just once I could go for, like, a sweater or some earrings.
您知道吗 一件我能穿到外面去的礼物
You know? A present that I can actually wear outside of this apartment.
所以
So…
这就是您请人喝一杯时经常做的
Is this where you usually meet for drinks?
这是伟大的一周 超级的一周 我们正在庆祝
This is a big week. A super week. We are celebrating.
哦 套汇部 就是在套取肾上腺 对吗
So, Arbitrage. Talk about adrenaline, huh?
您觉得 一个好的套汇者 最应该具备哪些品质
What do you think is the most important quality for a great arbitrager?
好 我们到酒店的房♥间 去检查那些品质 酒店
Well, we’ll go through all that at the hotel. – The hotel?
公♥司♥在雷茨卡尔顿酒店给我准备了一个套房♥,这是给员工的福利
The company has a suite at the Ritz Carlton. They give it to us boys on a bonus basis.
我们开个晚会
We’re gonna party.
对不起 实在对不起 请原谅我
I’m sorry. Allow me. I’m so sorry.
嘿 鲍勃 不要这样 对不起 我只是 我只是有点走题了
Hey, Bob. Please. – Sorry, I just… I get a little carried away.
套汇部这对商业学校 推出了这个型录资料录影带
Arbitrage has put out this “Introduction to…” tape for the business schools.
我们来播放一下 这样如果您有什么问题 那真是太好了 谢谢
Let’s put it in. If you have any questions… – That would be great. Thanks.
放错了录影带 当然了 要是您觉得看这个很自在
It’s the wrong tape. Unless of course you…
鲍勃 您并不是认真的 在寻找一个助理 对吧
Bob, you’re not seriously looking for a new assistant, are you?
这一刻不是 但是我一贯注重寻找新血
Not at this moment. But I’m always on the lookout for new blood.
我是很饥渴 但是 并不是这种的饥渴
I am hungry, but I am not that hungry.
我并不那样想 但是我那样想
I wouldn’t put it that way. – I would.
请您靠边停一下好吗 您要干什吗
Would you pull over here, please? – What are you doing?
哈哈哈 这就是您的派对 鲍勃
Party, Bob.
嗨 泰丝
Hello, Tess.
您迟到了 泰丝
You’re late, Tess.
大卫鲁兹是一个下流的皮条客 他有一个超小的小♥弟♥弟♥
是您 大卫 哈哈哈哈
Yo, David.
小母狗
Little bitch.
真是看到这个才能相信
You gotta see this to believe it.
不要在意啊
Take it easy.
混♥蛋♥
Bastard.
泰丝啊 泰丝 我知道
Tess… – I know.
您不能因为 称自己的老板叫皮条客 而走在世界的前列
You don’t get ahead in this world by calling your boss a pimp.
但是 他确实是
Well, he is.
好了 看看您的资料 这是六个月中 我第三次给您 安排新工作了
Been lookin’ at your file here. This is the third time in six months I’ve had to place you.
可那并不是我的错啊 我好像以前在哪 听到过这个话
It wasn’t my fault. – Where have I heard that before?
露丝 我已经三十岁了
Ruth, I’m 30 years old.
我在夜校花了五年的时间 但是我为我拿到的学位 感到骄傲
It took me five years of night school, but I got my degree with honours.
我知道我能做好一份工作
I know I could do ajob.
您可以问问我以前的老板,甚至问鲁兹,看看泰丝被抓住过几次错误
Ask any of my bosses, even Lutz, if Tess McGill hasn’t called a few.
您去问吧 我可不觉得他们 会为您颁奖 泰丝
You ask ’em. I don’t think they’re gonna sing your praises, Tess.
这里有一个机会给您 在波士顿
Here’s something for you. Transferring down from Boston.
兼并和收♥购♥部 老板叫帕克 周一开始上班
Mergers and Acquisitions. Name of Parker. Starts Monday.
您现在回家冷静一下 好
You go home and cool off. – OK.
泰丝
Tess…
这是我最后一次帮您了 第四振您就出局了
This is the last time I can help you. Four strikes, you’re out.
泰丝麦吉尔要去凯瑟琳帕克的办公室报到 通道后面的最后一张桌子
Tess McGill for Katharine Parker’s office. – It’s the last desk. At the end of the aisle.
嗨 我是凯瑟琳帕克 您应该是泰丝
Hi. I’m Katharine Parker. You must be Tess.

Hi.
这个小兔子真漂亮
Great bunny.
一般我不会将小兔子放在办公桌上 这是几天前的生日礼物
I don’t usually have a bunny on my desk. It was my birthday a few days ago.
真巧 我的生日是下周二 您多大了 – 30岁
No kidding. Mine’s next Tuesday. How old? – 30.
真的啊 真好 下周二我也30岁了。我们俩几乎是双胞胎
Really? Well, I’ll be 30 next Tuesday. We’re practically twins.
但是 我比较大 我说的是 – 几乎
Except I’m older. – Just barely.
我从来没有为女士工作过也没有过老板比我还小
I’ve never worked for somebody who was younger than me before. Or for a woman.
很好啊 万事都有第一次,这个不会成为一个问题 对吗
Well, there’s a first time for everything. It’s not going to be a problem, is it?
当然不会 很好
No. – Good.
为什么不倒杯咖啡 来里面坐 我要淡咖啡 不放糖
Why don’t you pour us a couple of coffees and come on inside? I’m light, no sugar.
这个股价是38 招标价是56
The stock is at 38, the tender’s at 56.
请进
Come in.
对 我们怎么办
Yeah, what do we do about that?
好 我来查我这边的 您们那边怎么样
Well, I just checked my three. What are yours?
哦 那个我有了
Yeah, I have that one.
我认为他的位置 在水平面以下
I think he’s in an underwater position.
好的 这就是我们的第一和第二个任务,然后就能看到我们的位置
All right. That’s our first and second call, and then we’ll see where we are.
我要开始倒计时了 再见
I’ll count the minutes. Bye.
谢谢
Thanks.
好了 泰丝 这里只有几个基本规则
So, Tess, a few ground rules.
对我来说 您就是我对外的窗口
The way I look at it, you are my link with the outside world.
人们对我的印象 是从您开始的
People’s impression of me starts with you.
被保护的时候 您就会强硬 学会了包容 您就什么都能做好了
You’re tough when it’s warranted, accommodating when you can be.
应该正确无误 严守时刻,绝不承诺无法做到的事
You’re accurate, punctual. You never make a promise you can’t keep.
从来不要告诉别人 我在另外一线电♥话♥上 告诉他们我在开会
I’m never on another line, I’m in a meeting.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!