当我还是小女孩的时候
[Woman] When I was a little girl,
东西分成少女级的和妈妈级
there were real prices and mom prices.
少女级的让你三星期保持星光闪耀
Real prices got you shiny, sparkly things that lasted three weeks,
然而妈妈级的让你看起来灰头土脸…
and mom prices got you brown things…
并且能保持一辈子…
…that lasted forever.
你知道吗这双鞋打五折?
You notice they were 50 percent off?
看那…
Look at… – [laughing]
但当我看到商店玻璃窗里的东西时
[Woman] But when I looked into shop windows,
我看到了另一个世界
I saw another world.
一个充满完美商品的梦幻世界
A dreamy world full of perfect things.
一个成年女子能得到一切的世界
A world where grown-up girls got what they wanted.
她们美极了
[Woman] They were beautiful.
就像仙女和公主
Like fairies or princesses.
她们甚至不需要钱 她们有魔术卡
They didn’t even need any money, they had magic cards.
我也想要一张
I wanted one.
但我做梦也想不到…
Little did I know…
…最后我会拥有12张
…I would end up with 12.
]
我叫:瑞贝卡·布鲁伍德 职业:记者
[Woman] Rebecca Bloomwood. Occupation: Journalist.
外套:Visa(维萨卡) 裙子:AMEX(美国运通卡)
Jacket: Visa. Dress: AMEX.
皮带:MasterCard(万事达卡)
Belt: MasterCard.
是复古款的 并且我得到了1%的现金折扣
It’s vintage. And I got one percent cash back.
拎包:Gucci(古琦)
Bag: Gucci!
为之倾囊都不心疼
And worth every penny.
搬到纽约去之后,我遇到了些男人
Moving to New York, I met guys.
他们处事得体
And that kind of put things in perspective.
因为但你看见一个帅哥 他露出迷人的微笑
‘Cause you know that thing, when you see someone cute and he smiles,
你的心就会像
and your heart kind of goes
被热吐司融化的奶油
like warm butter sliding down hot toast?
嗯,这就是我看到商店之后的感受
Well, that’s what it’s like when I see a store.
只是感觉更加强烈
Only it’s better.
告诉你 一个男人永远不会
[Rebecca] You see, a man will never love you
像商店一样爱你、对待你
or treat you as well as a store.
如果一个男人不适合你 你并不能在七天后
If a man doesn’t fit, you can’t exchange him seven days later
把他换成漂亮的羊绒衫
for a gorgeous cashmere sweater.
商店里的味道总是让人心情愉悦
And a store always smells good.
商店能激起人对物质的渴望
A store can awaken a lust for things
甚至你根本不需要它
you never even knew you needed.
当你的指尖触碰到那些闪耀的新款包包时…
And when your fingers grasp those shiny, new bags…
哦,真棒 哦,真棒
[Rebecca] Oh, yes! Oh, yes!
哦,不…我花了900美元
Oh, no… I spent $900.
你负责园地与工具世博会,是吧
So you are covering the yard and tool expo, right?
包在我身上
I’m on it. – [Phone ringing]
别紧张
[Rebecca] OK, don’t panic.
冷静,冷静 布鲁明戴尔百货店(美国著名百货商店品牌)
Calm. Calm. Bloomingdale’s.
对,应该是那条裤子
Well, that would be the pants.
我买♥♥它因为要去配我的…
I had to get the pants to match the…
哦,是鞋子 – 我…
Oh, shoes. – I…
等等
[Rebecca] Hold on…
有人偷了我的信♥用♥卡♥ – 哦,我的天
Somebody’s stolen my credit card! – Oh, my God.
有人偷了我的信♥用♥卡♥
Somebody has stolen my credit card and gone
在纽约疯狂购物
on an insane spending spree around New York.
不是吧! – 是的!
No! – Yeah!
户外世界(世界最大的户外商店)? 我从没去过那
Outdoor World? I’ve never been to Outdoor World.
不,你去过了
Yes, you have.
你买♥♥过一顶帐篷,记得吗? – 不,我不记得了
You bought that tent, remember? – No, I didn’t.
作为克莉斯丁度蜜月的礼物 – 从没见过什么帐篷
For Kristen’s going-away present. – Never seen a tent.
我负责筹款,之后把钱给你了
I organized the collection and gave you the money.
喔…
Oh…
“特长:击剑” 能讲流利的芬兰语
“Special skills: Fencing”? Fluent in Finnish?
怎么了?谁不在自己的简历上美化美化
[Rebecca] What? Who doesn’t pad their resume?
鞋子!谢谢
Shoe! Thanks.
为什么你不在自己办公室里换衣服?
Why can’t you get changed in your own office?
并且让所有《今日园艺》工作人员都知道…
And let everyone at Gardening Today
我和《Alette》杂♥志♥有次秘密的面试?
know I’ve secretly arranged an interview at Alette magazine?
我有提到过要去《Alette》杂♥志♥面试吗?
Did I mention I have an interview at Alette magazine?
只说了几十亿次吧
Only about a billion times.
好吧… – 这是种飞跃,不是吗?
OK… – It’s kind of a leap, isn’t it?
从园艺到时尚界?
Gardening to fashion?
我的意思不是说你不能胜任…
I mean, not that I meant you couldn’t do it…
苏西… 从我14岁开始 我就有去《Alette》杂♥志♥的志愿
Suze… since I was 14 I wanted to work at Alette magazine.
如果我能得到那份工作 我此生就不再遗憾了
If I can just get this job I will be happy forever.
哇哦
Wow.
]
]
瑞贝卡,你的信♥用♥卡♥账单刚刚欠了900美元
[Rebecca] Rebecca, you just got a credit card bill of $900.
你并不需要披巾
You do not need a scarf.
再考虑考虑…
Then again…
…是谁需要披巾
…who needs a scarf?
头颈上裹着老式的牛仔布 的确会保暖
Wrap some old jeans around your neck, that’ll keep you warm.
不过这是你母亲做的事情
That’s what your mother would do.
你说的对,她的确这样
You’re right, she would.
这条披巾可不同,重点是
The point about this scarf is that
它能准确地刻画出…
it would become part of a definition of your…
…你的心灵
Of your psyche.
你懂我的意思吗?
Do you see what I mean?
嗯,我懂,你继续说
No, I do. Keep talking.
它能让你的眼睛显得更大
It would make your eyes look bigger.
嗯…
Mmm… [sighs]
让我的发型看起来更高贵
It would make my haircut look more expensive.
任何服饰和它都很搭
You’d wear it with everything.
是个很好的投资
It would be an investment.
戴上它,去面试时候会更自信
You would walk into that interview confident.
自信 – 更镇定
Confident. – And poised.
镇定 – 戴着绿色披巾的女孩
Poised. – The girl in the green scarf.
我要这条绿色围巾,谢谢
The green scarf, please.
眼光不错,这是我们最后一条了
Good choice. It’s the last one.
120美元 要如何付款?
That’ll be $120. How would you like to pay?
这里是50元现金 能帮我这张卡刷30元吗…
Here’s $50 in cash, can you put 30 on this card…
这张10元
Ten on that.
这张20元
Twenty on that.
很好 – 抱歉
It’s so cute. – Declined.
什么?你能… 你能再试一下吗?
Really? Could you just… Could you try it again?
真的不行
[Register beeps] – Really declined.
能帮我暂时保留它吗? – 不能保留打折商品
Could you put this to one side? – I can’t hold sale items.
抱歉,有急事 – 排队
Excuse me. It’s an emergency. – [Man] Back of the line!
抱歉,我有急事 抱歉,抱歉
Excuse me, this is an emergency. Excuse you, excuse me!
你能兑现钱吗? – 什么?
Do you do cash back? – What?
如果我给你张23美元支票 你能不能帮我换成
If I give you a check for $23, will you give me
一个美味的热狗和20美元现金吗? 拜托
one of your hot dogs and $20 cash back, please?
我看起来像银行吗? – 我要参加一个面试
Do I look like a bank? – I have an interview.
商店不保留商品 那是条人命关天的披巾
They don’t hold items. It’s a desperately important scarf.
人命关天的披巾
Desperately important scarf.
知道吗?我是买♥♥给我婶祖母的 她住院了
Know what? It’s for my great-aunt. She’s in the hospital.
你不能让他们把暖气温度调高点吗?
Can you ask them to turn the heating up?
要加芥末吗?
Want mustard with that?
拜托,我会买♥♥下你所有的热狗
Please. I will buy all of your hot dogs.
我共有97个热狗 – 成交
You’ll take 97 hot dogs? – Done.
我要给谁…
Who do I make it…
你这样买♥♥个热狗花了23元
That means you just paid $23 for a hot dog!
你要你的披巾,我要我的热狗
You want your scarf, I want my hot dog.
价格和价值是两个截然不同的东西
Cost and worth are very different things.
谢谢!我的婶祖母会非常感谢你的
Thank you! My aunt will really appreciate it.
嗨 – 嗨
Hi. – Hi.
我是来参加《Alette》杂♥志♥面试的
I’m here for the interview at Alette magazine.
《Alette》… 哦,昨天已经在内部招到人了
Alette… Oh, filled, internally. Yesterday.
他们没有在网上发布消息 来看看是谁得到了这份工作
They did post it on the Web. Let’s see, who got the job?
哦… 说曹操曹操到
Oh… Speak of the devil.
]
艾丽西亚…比林顿
Alicia… Billington.
她有着世界上最长的双腿
She has the longest legs in the world.
她看起来不太友善
She notes resentfully.