and then we can take Max for a walk.
– 好极了 – 是的
– Great. – Right.
就这样吧
Will do.
我们还有鸡蛋呢 是吧?
Yeah, we have got some eggs, haven’t we?
我在这看到过一只旋木雀 可爱的小家伙
I saw a treecreeper here, once, a lovely little bird.
有人告诉我 它们先飞到树底部 然后爬上去觅食
Somebody told me that they fly down to the bottom of the tree and work their way up.
而五子雀呢 它们先飞到顶上 然后再爬下来
And nuthatches, they fly to the top of the trunk, work their way down.
乖 乖 好孩子
Come on. Come on. Good boy.
– 你以前很喜欢观察鸟类 – 是啊 没错
– You used to love your birdwatching. – I did, yes.
可笑的是你都忘记这些给你带来快乐的事了
It’s funny how you forget the things in life that make you happy.
在这呆好 麦克斯
Stay there, Max.
我找到了 麦克斯
Found it, Max.
抱歉 这次我又没给你买♥♥任何东西
Again, I’m sorry I didn’t get you anything.
噢 别犯傻了
Oh, don’t be silly.
这项链很漂亮
This is very beautiful.
我很高兴你喜欢
I’m glad you like it.
我想过要给你买♥♥块表
I was going to get you a watch.
我还想在上面刻字 可是不知道该写什么
I was thinking of having it engraved, but I wasn’t sure what to write.
我喜欢不知道时间的感觉
I like not knowing the time.
– 我就是做不到 – 是的
– I just couldn’t do it. – No.
– 别担心 亲爱的 不一定非要做 – 大多数人都不想的
– Don’t worry, darling, you don’t have to. – Most people don’t want to.
跟我来下好吗?我有东西给你看
Will you come with me? I’ve got something to show you.
不要惊喜 莉娜 我不想要惊喜
No surprises, Lena. I don’t want a surprise.
– 哇 – 是不是棒极了?
– Wow. – Isn’t it wonderful?
看看这 是的
Look at this. Yes.
– 莉娜 那是什么? – 过来看看吧
– Lena, what’s that? – Ah, come and have a look.
哇
Wow.
是照片
Photos.
– 都是从谁那儿弄来的? – 我到处打电♥话♥ 每个人都贡献了一些
– Where did they all come from? – I rang round. Everyone contributed.
大多是我的
Most of them are mine.
看呐 凯特 看看你多美
Look, Kate, look how beautiful you are.
凯特 这是特莎还是只小狗的时候
Kate, there’s Tessa when she was a puppy.
啊 那是我… 带着护目镜 在割草
Ah, there’s me… me and me goggles, strimming.
割草呢
Strimming.
– 看看这里的我们 还记得吗? – 埃及
– Look at us there. Remember that? – Egypt.
是的 我们去埃及的时候
Yeah, when we went to Egypt.
真漂亮 咱俩
Gorgeous, we both are.
莉娜 这真是棒极了 谢谢你
Lena, this is wonderful. Thank you.
对一个老法♥西♥斯♥来说还不赖 哈?
Not bad for an old fascist, huh?
简直棒极了
Yeah, not bad at all.
– 我等不及要听你的演讲了 – 都记在这呢
– Oh, I can’t wait to hear your speech. – Yeah, it’s all in here.
– 那大家可都有麻烦了 – 是啊 尤其是你
– Ugh, we’re all in trouble then. – Yeah, especially you.
你就等着看他哭鼻子吧
Just you wait for those tears.
– 那是谁? – 我想是亚瑟
– Who’s that? – That’s Arthur, I think.
– 是的 就是他 – 是的
– Yes, it is. – Yes.
– 是 是亚瑟 几年前了 – 看看还有谁呢?
– Yeah, it’s Arthur, a few years ago. – And who else do I see?
女士们 先生们 下面是大家共同期盼的时刻
Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you’ve all been waiting for.
有请… 杰弗里·梅瑟先生
I give you… Mr Geoffrey Mercer.
快点 杰弗里
Go on, Geoffrey.
能听见我吗?
Now, can you hear me?
– 能听见 – 是的
– We can hear you. – Yes.
噢 乖乖
Oh, dear.
那我得试着好好讲话了
I’d better try and make sense, then.
好吧 首先 我想感谢大家 来到今晚的聚会
Well, I’d like to thank you all, first off, for being here this evening.
你们也许还记得 几年前 呃… 我的心脏搭桥手术
Some of you may recall that, er… my bypass,
呃 在几年前抢尽了风头 嗯 总之就是这样
er, upstaged things a few years ago, so, anyway, there we are.
现在 我不太习惯做这样的发言
Now, er, I-I’m not used to making this kind of speech
在 呃… 这样的场合
on this, er… sort of occasion,
但是… 总之…
but, er… well…
我会尽力的
I-I’ll give it me best shot.
随着 嗯 随着我们变老
A-As, um, as we get older,
我们好像不再 呃 做出选择
we seem to stop, er, making choices.
至少 呃 不再做出重大的选择
Big ones, er, anyway.
也许我们一生中面临的选择 呃 只有那么多
Perhaps we only get so many, er, in a lifetime,
一旦我们用尽 呃 它们就不再有了
and once we’ve used them up, er, they’re gone.
又或许是我们的大脑 也变老了 呃 还患上了关节炎
Or maybe our brains, they just get a bit, er, old and arthritic,
就像… 就像乔治的膝盖一样
like, er… like George’s knee.
呃 不论如何
Er, whatever.
结果就是 我们年轻的时候做出的那些选择
The upshot is that the choices we make when we’re young
都相当非常重要
are pretty bloody important.
呃 就像… 就像我跟凯特 所做出的这个选择
Er, like… like the choice, er, Kate and me made
在四十五年前的… 今天
45 years ago… today.
今天
Today.
现在 生活… 生活并不总是 嗯… 一帆风顺
Now, things… things haven’t always been, er… idyllic.
呃 就像所有的夫妻一样 我们也经历过低谷 呃… 也经历过高峰
Er, like all couples, we’ve had our downs as, er… as well as our ups.
我们所有人 我们所有人 都认为…
We all, we all, er, think…
我们都希望我们在某些事情上所做的是另一种选择
W-We all wish we’d done some things, er, differently,
希望我们未曾犯下某些错误
wish we hadn’t made certain mistakes,
但是… 随便了
but, er… whatever.
我不得不说 我也必须说
I have to say, and I need to say,
说服你 嫁给我 凯特
that persuading you, er, to marry me, er, Kate,
是我做过的最棒的事
was the best thing I’ve ever done.
嗯 顺便一提 我还真花了点功夫
Er, it took some doing, by the way.
是的 你父亲 我觉得他有点不中意
Yeah, so your father, I-I don’t think he was convinced
认为我不是你最理想的对象
I was the greatest catch in the world.
我很好奇为什么不是
I wonder why that was.
不过总之 呃 说服你嫁给我
But anyway, er, persuading you to marry me
是我做过的最棒的事了
was the best thing I’ve ever done,
还有 我很抱歉 真的很抱歉
and, er, I’m sorry, I-I truly am,
就是 你并不… 你并不总是知道
that, er, you haven’t, er… you haven’t always known that
因为 嗯 对我来说 凯特
because, er, well, for me, Kate,
这就是 这就是关于… 关于一切 关于所有的这些
this is, er, this is what it’s… what it’s all about, what all this is about,
为什么所有… 为什么所有朋友们今晚都来到了这里
why all… why all our friends are here this evening.
那就是 嗯… 因为你和我
It’s about, er… it’s about you and me.
你和我 凯特
You and me, Kate.
我们
Us.
是的
Yeah.
我觉得 老实说… 这就是所有… 我要说的话
And I think, really, that’s about all I’ve, er… got to say
还有这个… 我爱你
except that, er… l love you.
我真的很爱你
I love you very much.
谢谢你这么多年来陪伴在我身边
And thank you for standing by me through all these years
忍♥受我的胡闹 还有… 希望我们能天长地久
and putting up with all my nonsense, and, er… long may it continue.
敬杰夫和凯特!
Geoff and Kate!
杰夫和凯特!
Geoff and Kate!
他的发言棒极了 不是吗?
It was fantastic. Wasn’t it?
真的
It was.
现在…
And now…
两位爱人请上前来 跳第一只舞吧?
…would the two lovebirds kindly take to the floor for the first dance?
在座有谁不知道 或者那时尚未出生的诸位
And for those of you that don’t know, or weren’t alive,
这首歌♥正是四十五年前的今天放的那首歌♥
this is the very same song that was played 45 years ago today.
下面有请梅瑟夫妇
I give you Mr and Mrs Mercer.
♫ 烟雾沉醉了你的眼 ♫
♪ Smoke Gets In Your Eyes ♪
♫ 人们曾经问我怎知 ♫
♪ They asked me how I knew ♪
♫ 我的爱情意真挚 ♫
♪ My true love was true ♪
♫ 噢 ♫
♪ 0h! ♪
♫ 我理直气壮地回答 ♫
♪ I of course replied ♪
♫ 内心深处的感情 ♫
♪ Something here inside ♪
♫ 是无法否认的 ♫
♪ Cannot be denied ♪
♫ 他们说总有一天你会发现 ♫
♪ They said some day you’ll find ♪
♫ 恋爱中的人都是盲目的 ♫
♪ All who love are blind ♪
♫ 噢 ♫
♪ 0h! ♪
♫ 当你热情澎湃的时候 ♫
♪ When your heart’s on fire ♪
♫ 你才会意识到 ♫
♪ You must realise ♪
♫ 你的眼睛蒙上了一层烟雾 ♫
♪ Smoke gets in your eyes ♪
♫ 我嘲笑他们 这令我发笑 ♫
♪ So I chaffed them and I gaily laughed ♪
♫ 想到他们竟怀疑我的爱 ♫
♪ To think they could doubt our love ♪
♫ 如今我的爱人离我而去 ♫
♪ Yet today, my love has flown away ♪
♫ 我终于失去了我的爱 ♫
♪ I’ I am without my love ♪
♫ 失去了我的爱 ♫
♪ Without my love ♪
♫ 饱受朋友的讥笑 ♫
♪ Now laughing friends deride ♪
♫ 伤心的泪水再也隐藏不住 ♫