我很好
I’m fine.
啊 这破天气
Ugh, this weather.
我告诉你乔治怎么说的
I’m just telling you what George said.
我不是要扫你的兴 真的 不是
I’m not trying to upset you. Really, I’m not.
我没觉得扫兴 你还没告诉我呢
I’m not upset, but you’re not telling me anything.
你刚刚说杰夫情绪有点反常
You’re just saying that Geoff was in a strange mood.
乔治他就是这么说的
That’s what George said.
杰夫说了什么吗?
Did Geoff say anything?
比如?
Like what?
这正是我要问你的
That’s what I’m asking you.
– 和派对有关? – 不 和派对没关系
– About the party? – No, not about the party.
他们在讨论政♥治♥
They were talking politics.
就这些?
That’s it?
他有些咄咄逼人
Well, he was very aggressive.
唔 我想乔治能够替自己说话的
Well, I’m sure George can stand up for himself.
他表现得和之前一样
He was acting like he used to.
什么意思?
Meaning?
就像那次他在我生日上当着我所有朋友的面
Like that time he kept accusing me of being a fascist
一直指责我是法♥西♥斯♥主义者一样
in front of all my friends at my birthday
就因为我敢说撒切尔执政还不算太糟糕
just because I dared to say that Thatcher hadn’t done such a bad job of it.
我说 我甚至都没投过她的票
I mean, I hadn’t even voted for her.
这可不好玩 凯特
It wasn’t funny, Kate.

No.
非常让人难堪
Very upsetting.
他还不停地行纳粹礼
He kept doing a Nazi salute.
好吧 这是有点好笑了
All right, it was a little bit funny.
哦 对不起
Oh, I’m sorry.
我不应该提起这回事的
I shouldn’t have brought it up.
你知道杰夫是什么样子
You know what Geoff’s like.
他对有些事情太过狂热了
He gets over-passionate about things.
我想这就是你爱上他的原因
I suppose that’s why you fell in love with him.
是啊
Yes.
哦 还有另外一件事
Oh, er, there’s another thing.
什么?
What?
杰夫说他不确定他会想去工作午餐
Geoff says he’s not sure that he wants to go to the works lunch.
克劳利家的吗?
At Crawley’s?
– 可就在明天了 – 我知道
– But it’s tomorrow. – I know.
而且这次聚会很早就开始准备了
And it’s been organised for so long.
乔治还期待着要把老朋友们都叫到一起来 但如果…
George was looking forward to getting the old gang together but if…
那他说为什么了吗?
Well, did he say why?
没有说
Don’t think so.
我去跟他说
I’ll speak to him.
呃 也许这没什么大不了的
Er, maybe it doesn’t matter.
不 我去跟他说
No, I’ll speak to him.
女士们…
Ladies…
倒满吗?
Full, full?
还要加点牛奶吗?
Do you want more milk?
好的
Yes.
来点饼干?不要了吗?
Biscuit? No?
不要?
No?
那我把饼干放这儿 我自己要拿一块吃
Well, I’ll leave them there. And I’ll take one.
– 谢谢你 – 在这之后
– Thank you. – After that,
商人们通过这条新开辟的航线进行生意往来
the merchants used these newly created waterways,
航道被逐年加深拓宽
and over the years they were cut deeper and wider,
这就是为什么布罗茨会成为今天的面貌
and this is why the Broads are as they are today
供大家欣赏
for all of you to enjoy.
试想一下如果罗马人在别处发现了泥炭
Now, just imagine if those Romans had found peat elsewhere
或是决定在国土上的其它地方开挖泥炭
or chosen to dig in another part of the country.
那这些航道也就不会存在了
Then these broads wouldn’t be here at all.
那是杰夫吗?
Is that Geoff?
是的 是他
Yes, it is, yeah.
他在做什么?
What’s he doing?
他又抽烟了吗?
Is he smoking again?
看上去是
Looks like it.
在派对那天之前你该让他把胡子刮了
You should get him to shave before the big day too.
– 你好 杰夫里 – 你好 莉娜
– Hello, Geoffrey. – Hello, Lena.
希望你已经准备好你的致辞了
Hope you’ve got your speech prepared.
我想在星期六听到你赞美凯特的话
I want to hear nice things about Kate on Saturday.
我听说你不想去克劳利家吃午餐
So, I hear you don’t want to go to the Crawley’s lunch.
你不去没关系 但我想知道原因
I don’t mind if you don’t, but I wondered why.
我就是不想去
I just don’t.
你一直都很期待和大家再次碰面啊
You’ve been looking forward to seeing everyone again.
这件事你都念叨好几个星期了
You’ve been talking about it for weeks.
– 为什么不想去了? – 我有我的原因
– Why don’t you want to go? – I’ve got me reasons.
什么原因?
Which are?
我去不去跟你有什么关系?
Why does it matter to you if I go or not?
和我没关系 但都已经安排好了
It doesn’t, but it’s been arranged.
所以呢?
So?
所以你不能言而无信 仅仅因为你不想去做
So you can’t just back out of things simply because you don’t feel like it.
即使你有你的原因
Even when you have reasons.
乔治他也会很不开心的
And George will be very upset.
他… 他好几周前就开始计划这次聚会了
He’s… well, he’s been organising it for weeks.
– 他是你的朋友 – 喔 好吧
– And he’s your friend. – Oh, fine.
– 那你会去吗? – 我就是那么说的 不是吗?
– Then you’ll go? – Well, that’s what I said, didn’t I?
有些天 我们完全忘掉了去意大利事 停滞不前
Some days, we forgot all about getting to Italy. Just stayed put.
我们变得漫不经心
We were being heedless.
这是我能找到的最合适的词
I think that’s the word I’m looking for.
漫不经心?
Heedless?
漫不经心
Heedless.
在她的家乡 柏林墙正被筑起
Back in her Berlin, the Wall was going up
[猪湾事件:美国阴谋以武力支持古巴流亡者颠覆古巴革命政♥权♥]
而在美国刚发生了猪湾事件
and in America we’d just had the Bay of Pigs.
但那会儿 我们根本不管那些
But up there, we weren’t thinking about all that.
也不去想我们的未来
Weren’t thinking about our future.
但与此同时 我们也根本没有漫不经心
But, at the same time, we weren’t heedless at all.
你怎么可能漫不经心?当你清楚自己的目标时
How can you be when, when you know what your purpose is?
当每一天似乎都有着某种意义时
When every day seems to have some point to it.
寻找安顿之处 寻找食物
Finding somewhere to stay, finding food.
那些日子里我们哪儿都没去
And the days we didn’t go anywhere,
但它们就是好像充满了目标
they seemed just as purposeful
就像在该死的清晨四点雄赳赳地启程那样
as when we set out in complete seriousness at four in the fucking morning.
我想 嗯… 我想衰老最可怕的地方莫过于
I-I think, um… I think that’s the worst part of getting decrepit,
失去那种… 目的性
losing that… purposefulness.
今天我想起了我们之前看到过的那些花儿
I-I was remembering today how we used to see these flowers.
紫罗兰的一种吧 我想是的
Some sort of violet, I think they were.
它们会找到一小块雪融掉的草地
They’d find a patch of grass where the snow had melted
然后就茁壮成长
and they’d just spring up.
我知道它们只是花朵 但它们看上去那么坚定
I know they were only flowers, but they seemed so determined.
甚至可以说 勇敢
Brave, even.
我觉得卡佳和我就是那样
And that’s how I see Katya and me.
游走四方 摒弃现代文明
Wandering around, turning our backs on civilization.
勇敢?
Brave?
可以这么说
In a way.
你不觉得吗?
Don’t you think?
并不
Not really.
为什么不?
Why not?
我说 你们究竟在干什么?
I mean, what were you actually doing?
你们只是在爬某座该死的山罢了
You’re just climbing up some bloody mountain.
当然 我不是说我们这么做是出于勇敢
Well, I’m not saying what we did was out of bravery.
我觉得 你只是在追一个想要被追的女孩而已
I think you were just chasing a girl who wanted to be chased.
你不了解她
You didn’t know her.

No.
我不了解
I didn’t.
我累了
I’m tired
睡之前我想问你个问题
I want to ask you something before we go to sleep.
什么问题?
What’s that?
如果她没死 如果你们到了意大利
If she hadn’t died, if you had got to Italy,
那你会真的娶她吗?
would you have married her for real?
但我们没能到意大利 不是吗?
But we didn’t get to Italy, did we?
而且她确实死了
And she did die.
嗯 但是如果呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!