Well, they did have, er… the language.
我的德语 不那么好 带口音
My German, it wasn’t that great, what with its accent.
他们常常笑话这个
They laughed a lot.
他永远只会开一些我不知道有什么好笑的玩笑
He was forever making these jokes I didn’t get.
– 天呐 你可不喜欢这样 – 不 我不喜欢
– Oh, God, you wouldn’t like that. – No, I didn’t.
他们一起在我前边走着 比必要的距离更往前
They were walking up ahead, more than they needed to perhaps,
或许… 我就随他们去了吧 我不知道
or… maybe I just let them, I don’t know.
我们到了一个沿着岩石的小道
We were on a track round this rock,
冰川就在我们的右下方
and the glacier was on the right, below us.
我们沿路而下
Way down.
景色宜人
Beautiful thing, it was.
你会喜欢那儿的风景的 凯特
You’d love the landscape out there, Kate.
– 你真的会喜欢的 – 嗯 我相信
– You really would. – Yeah, I’m sure.
他们离开了我的视线 走到了拐角处
They were out of sight, round the corner,
我最后听见的是她的笑声
and the last sound but one that I heard was her laughter.
天呐 这笑声真是让我恼火
And, Christ, did it annoy me.
但是不久 就传来了尖叫声
But then, there was a scream.
但这叫声并不响
It wasn’t a loud scream, neither.
我估计是空气从她受到冲击的肺里倾泻而出
Sort of outpouring of air from her lungs from the shock, I suppose.
很低沉的喉音
It was low and guttural,
根本不像她的声音 柔软的 尖尖的
not like her voice, which was soft, higher-pitched.
天呐 太可怕了
God, that’s just horrible.
嗯 嗯
Mm. Mm.
然后呢?
And then what?
就这样 无力回天
That was it, really.
等我到那里 她已经不见了
When I got there, she’d gone.
凯鲁亚克朝着那个洞望去
And Kerouac was looking down this hole.
一条裂缝
A fissure.
是的 裂缝 可以这么说 就像一块岩石从中间裂开
Yeah, a fissure, I suppose you’d call it, like a narrow, narrow crack in the rock.
你还记得在苏格兰那个吗?
D-Do you remember that one in Scotland?
– 嗯 我记得 – 对 就跟那个一样
– Yeah, I do. – Yeah. Well, it was like that one.
– 嗯 – 只是深得多
– Yeah. – Only much deeper.
凯鲁亚克就站在那里
And Kerouac was just standing there.
他的脸 扭曲发黄
His face, oddly enough, it looked almost yellow.
她是金发吗?
Was she blonde?
– 什么? – 她有一头金发吗?
– Sorry? – Did she have blonde hair?
噢 不 不 她是黑发
Oh, no, no. She had dark hair.
– 像我一样 – 嗯
– Like mine, then. – Mm.
我是说 不是现在
I mean, not now.
是啊 像你一样
Yeah, like yours.
她当时多大?
How old was she?
她比我大两岁 当时是六二年
She was two years older than me, and that was ’62.
嗯 那她当时大概二十七岁
Yeah, so she was about 27.

Yeah.
我妈妈是那年去世的
My mum died that year.
– 是吗? – 是的 嗯
– Did she? – Yeah. Mm.
– 我不知道为什么这很可笑但确实如此 – 可笑?
– I don’t know why that’s funny but it is. – Funny?
唔 我们当时互相不认识 你和我
Well, we didn’t know each other then, you and I,
但我们却同时经历着令人心碎的事 并且…
but we were both going through something really unpleasant, and…
我们相识了这么些年 还从没跟对方提起过
and yet we never talked about it in all the years that we’ve known each other.
– 从没 – 没有 从来没有
– Never. – No. Never have.
我累了
I’m tired.
我要关灯吗?
Shall I turn off the light?

Yeah.
我也很累了
I’m quite tired, too.
星期二
过来
Come on.
麦克斯!
Max!
麦克斯!
Max!
孩子!过来!
Yeah, boy! Come on!
过来!乖孩子
Come on! Good boy.
你今天起得真早
You’re up early this morning.
是啊 我想我可能和你一起去镇上 如果你不介意的话
Yeah, I thought I might come into town with you, if you don’t mind.
不 当然不介意
No, of course I don’t mind.
我想去买♥♥个新的浮球阀
Yeah, I-I want to go to Thorns, get a new ballcock.
好啊
Oh, good.
你觉得我的图书馆卡还能用吗 凯特?
Do you think my library card will still be valid, Kate?
– 没什么不能用的啊 – 如果有时间的话我想去那转转
– I don’t see why not. – I might pop in there if there’s time.
随便看看
Have a bit of a browse.
– 我们再一起吃个午饭 – 对 真棒
– We could have some lunch. – Yeah, great.
呃 我有些自己的事情要做
Well, er, I’ll just go do what I have to do.
你准备走了叫我就行
Give us a shout when you’re ready.
好的
OK.
大概过一小时 我要打电♥话♥给花店 还有一两件事情要做
About an hour. I’ve got to call the florist and one or two things.
你觉得图书馆会有气候变化方面的书吗?
Do you think the library will have anything on climate change?
– 什么方面? – 气候变化
– On what? – Climate change.
– 抱歉我迟到了 – 没事
– Sorry I’m late. – All right.
– 东西买♥♥到了吗? – 什么东西?
– Did you get the thing? – What thing?
– 浮球阀 – 呃 他们得先订货
– The ballcock. – Er, they have to order it.
我过几天再去取
I’ll pick it up in a few days.
你要吃点什么?
What do you want to eat?
我们该对环境问题多一点思考
We’ve got to think a lot more about the environment.
– 嗯… 我们有循环利用啊 – 有吗?
– Well, we recycle. – Do we?
– 有 嗯 我会尽量 至少 – 是应该这样
– Yeah. Well, I try to, anyway. – Well, we should.
你要是能来打扫空狗罐头然后丢到对应的垃圾桶里去就再好不过了
You’re welcome to clean out the dog cans and put them in the right bins.
那些冰川的融冰量远远超出了人们的预想
Because these glaciers, they’re melting a lot more than people imagined,
– 冰川融水不会顺流而下 – 那总要流向哪吧
– and the water’s just not coming down. – It’s got to go somewhere.
不 它们会浸透岩层 然后从岩层底部开始 不断往上积聚
No, it’s saturating into the rock beneath, and it’s building up and up and up.
– 就像… – 就像大坝
– L-Like… – Like a dam.
就像大坝 对 不断堆积 填充 增长 然后…
Like a dam, yeah. It’s waiting, waiting, waiting, and then…

Oh.
毫无预警地
No warning.
就像海啸一样倾覆而下 所经之处横扫一空
Come down like a tsunami, wipe out everything in its path.
学校 教堂 咖啡馆喝咖啡的人
Schools, churches, people in cafes drinking their coffee,
钟表店里修理布谷鸟钟的老头
old men in shops tinkering with their cuckoo clocks.
要不是他们发现了她的尸体 那么她就要到那时候才会
And if they hadn’t found her, that’s when she’d have come down,
和岩石残骸一起被冲下来
with all the rock and debris.
那时候我们早就死了多少年了
We’ll be long dead by then.

Oh.
把书收起来
Put your book away.
哦 对
Oh, yeah.
– 你屏蔽了我的电♥话♥吗 凯特? – 并没有
– You screening my calls, Kate? – Not really.
– 你好 – 你好
– Hello. – Hi.
– 莎莉! – 你好 杰夫
– Sally! – Hi, Geoff.
那是我最喜欢的一张
That’s my favourite one, there.
好了 妈 已经看够了 有点没意思了
OK, Mum. I think it’s enough now. It’s getting really boring.
– 我为我的孙子骄傲 – 莎莉 我想看查理的照片
– I’m proud of my grandson. – Sally, I want to have a look at Charley.
这几张太可爱了
These are so lovely.
照片拍的真美
And the photos are really beautiful.
– 是吧? – 莎莉要成为摄影师呢
– Aren’t they? – Sally’s going to be a photographer.
才没有 我只是去上了晚课 纯粹图好玩
I’m not. I’m just taking an evening course, just for the fun of it.
不是什么了不得的事
It’s nothing grand.
– 但没准会有点成就 – 也可能不会有
– But it might lead to something. – Or it might not.
我们拭目以待吧 好吗?不过你得在这上面下功夫才行
We shall see, won’t we? But you should concentrate on it.
我大概三月前开始练习它
I took it up about three months ago.
这种乐器很容易学习 你能用尤克里里弹任何曲子
It’s a good instrument to learn. You can play anything on the ukulele.
[乔治·福姆比:英国演员,时常弹奏尤克里里(夏威夷四弦琴)]
不光是乔治·福姆比的曲子 这很好 你知道我一直都讨厌他
It’s not just George Formby, which is good because, as you know, I always hated him.
互联网真是太神奇了
The Internet is absolutely brilliant.
如果你去找一个叫“贾斯汀吉他网”的小伙子的话
If you go to a guy called justinguitars. com,
他真的教吉他 不过完全免费
he actually teaches guitar, but it’s all free.
他也开始 呃 教尤克里里了
He’s started, er, teaching ukulele as well.
再见 玩得开心
See you later. Have a nice time.
好的 再见
All right, see you later.
我觉得… 我觉得杰夫不会想去酒吧的
I don’t think… I don’t think Geoff wanted to go to the pub.
他要么去酒吧 要么就得和我们一起购物
It’s either that or he comes shopping with us.
我们应该都去酒吧的
We could have gone to the pub, all of us.
看看他白天喝酒是什么样子
Know what he’s like with daytime drinking.
他会没事的
Oh, he’ll be all right.
不管怎样 他有了发泄的机会
Anyway, it gives him a chance to vent.
– 发泄什么? – 关于你
– About what? – About you.
妈!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!