这是四十周年 是吧?
It’s your 40th, isn’t it?
四十五周年
45th.
这可是个不太寻常的庆祝节点
That’s an unusual one to celebrate.
我丈夫当时生病取消了四十周年纪念 所以我们不得不改变计划
My husband was ill and our 40th was cancelled, so we had to rearrange.
那么 我必须得尽量把这次办得非常特别 对吧?
Well, I must try and make this one super-special, then, mustn’t I?
这儿绝对是举♥行♥周年纪念的绝佳地点
And this really is a great venue for such an event.
充满历史气息 是吧?
So full of history, you see?
像历久弥新的婚姻
Like a good marriage.
[特拉法尔加海战为英法两国的海上大战,最终英方取胜]
你知道特拉法尔加庆祝舞会就是在这里举♥行♥的吗?
Did you know that the Trafalgar Ball was held here?
知道 你的助手和我说了
Yes, your assistant told me.
那是一八〇五年
It was in 1805.
你能想象当时的场景有多么壮观吗?
Can you imagine how incredible that must have been?
[特拉法尔加战役:英国海军历史上最大的一次胜利]
[为英国奠定海上霸主的地位,但主帅纳尔逊被俘]
在场的每个人都盛装出席 庆祝这一伟大的胜利
Everyone here, dressed in their finest, celebrating such an achievement.
纳尔逊不是被杀了吗?
Wasn’t Nelson killed?
但是我们赢得了战役啊
But the battle was won.
非常值得庆贺 不是吗?
And that has to be worth celebrating, doesn’t it?
我们的婚礼上有主桌 但是我们一点也不喜欢
We had a table at our wedding, a top table, but we didn’t like it at all.
我丈夫认为这是腐朽的资产阶级糟粕
My husband thought it a horribly bourgeois tradition.
我们看看开胃菜菜单吧?
Shall we have a look at the canapé list?
呃 好的 当然
Er, yes, indeed.
我马上回来
I’ll be right back.
不急
No rush.
这里是杰夫和凯特的家 请留言
You have reached Geoff and Kate. Please leave a message.
你已经很久不听这首歌♥了
You haven’t listened to this for a long time.
– 你感觉怎么样? – 我很好
– How are you feeling? – I’m fine.
你的手指怎么了?
What have you done to your finger?
噢 嗯 我只是 呃… 想修理一下马桶 结果 呃 把自己大拇指给割了
Oh, yeah, I was, er… trying to mend the lavatory and, er, well, I cut me thumb.
你把它修好了吗?
Did you manage to fix it?
我想它需要一个新的浮球阀
It needs a new ballcock, I think.
– 我之前打电♥话♥给你了 – 你留言了吗?
– Tried calling earlier on. – Did you leave a message?
没 我就是想问问你还好吗
No, I just wanted to check you were all right.

Right.
[索伦·奥贝·克尔凯郭尔为丹麦基♥督♥教思想家,存在主义先驱]
– 你在看什么? – 克尔凯郭尔
– What are you reading? – Kierkegaard.
[索伦·奥贝·克尔凯郭尔为丹麦基♥督♥教思想家,存在主义先驱]
天呐 你又在尝试看这本吗?
Gracious, are you having a go at that again?
那本书你已经有三个不同版本了
You know, you have three editions of that book,
而且我觉得不管哪一版你连第二章都没读完过
and I don’t think you’ve got past chapter two in any of them.
真是奇怪的一天
Yeah, it’s been an odd day.
是啊
It sure has.
我就是… 呆在家
I just, er… stayed at home,
你知道的 和浮球阀作斗争
you know, grappling with the ballcock.
但你是对的
But y-you’re right.
我都不怎么去散步了
I hardly go walking any more.
今天天气好 所以我出去了
And it was a nice day, so off I went.
– 那么你去哪儿了? – 就去了村子里
– So, where did you go? – Just to the village.
去买♥♥烟?
To buy cigarettes?
我还没嗅觉失灵呢 你知道吧?
I haven’t lost my sense of smell, you know?
我只是不希望我们又开始抽烟
I just don’t want us to start smoking again.
不 我不会 我不会的
No, I-I won’t, I won’t.
我保证
I promise.
好吧 继续说
OK. Go on.
我到了村子里 不知道怎么了
So, I was in the village, and I don’t know what happened
遇见那个种族主义者从社区中心走出来…
but that racist from the community centre…
嗯哼 桑德拉·威尔金斯
Mm. Sandra Wilkins.
对,是她
Yeah, her.
她向我走来 正对着我
She came up to me, right up to me face,
然后不断问我是否还好
and she kept asking me if I was all right.
我说是的 但她不相信我
And when I said I was, she wouldn’t believe me.
况且… 我什么也没做
And… l wasn’t doing anything.
什么也没做 就是坐在鸭子池边的长凳上
Nothing. Just sitting on the bench by the duck pond,
想点自己的事 呼吸点新鲜空气
minding me own business and getting some air.
就是这样
All done.
我就做了这些 我保证
All I was doing, I promise.
我相信你
I believe you.
她是个可怕的女人
She’s a dreadful woman.
– 别管她就是 – 嗯
– Just ignore her. – Mm.
这菜还行吧?
Is it all right?
很好吃 很好
Oh, it’s great. Great.

Yeah. Mm.
再来一杯?
A drop more?
嗯 谢谢
Mm, thank you.
– 怎么了? – 没事
– What? – Nothing.
– 我有些事想跟你说 – 说吧
– There’s something I want to tell you. – OK.
知道吗 我很确信我之前跟你说过了
You know, I-I feel sure I’ve told you before,
但那是很久之前了 所以 我有可能记错了
but it was a long time ago, so, I mean, I could be wrong.
– 嗯 说吧 – 好
– OK, go on. – Yeah.
我算是她的直系亲属
Um, I-I was her next of kin.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
唔 从官方上来说
Well, officially.
我算是她的直系亲属 我确定之前和你说过的 凯特
I-I was her next of kin. I’m sure I told you this before, Kate.
我想我会记得我丈夫是另外一个女人的直系亲属这种事的
I think I would remember my husband being another woman’s next of kin.
– 为什么? – 什么为什么?
– Why? – Why what?
为什么你算是她的直系亲属?
Well, why were you her next of kin?
因为他们觉得我们已经结婚了
Because they thought we were married.
– 谁? – 官方 人们
– Who did? – The authorities. People.
他们为什么会这么认为?
What made them think that?
我们跟他们是这么说的
We-We told them we were.
但你们没有 对吧?
You weren’t, though?
噢 没没没 没有 当然没有
Oh, no, no, no. No, h-hell, no.
我们必须假装 这样别人才会让我们借住他们的房♥子
We just had to pretend, so people would let us stay in their houses.
那会儿和现在不一样 凯特 然后… 就是那场事故
Different in those days, Kate, and then after… the accident.
你没骗我?
You’re not lying to me?
没有 凯特 她手上戴了一个戒指
No. Kate, she wore a ring on her finger.
小巧的木制戒指 像窗帘环一样 橡木制的
It was a small wooden ring, like a curtain ring, made of oak.
你还记得这些细节 真有意思
Funny you’d remember that.
那不算是真的
Well, it wasn’t real.
好吧 你可以… 你可以早点告诉我的 杰夫
OK, you could’ve… you could’ve just told me, Geoff.
我以为我已经说过了
I thought I had.
如果我还没说 那么 这挺难的 呃…
If I hadn’t, well, it’s hardly, er…
把这种事告诉
the sort of thing you tell
你漂亮的新女友 不是吗?
your beautiful new girlfriend, is it?
我可不这么觉得
I suppose not.
我想我要… 上楼去然后洗个澡了
I think I’m going to have a… go upstairs and have a bath.
明天还有很多事要做呢
I’ve got lots to do tomorrow.
– 你确定你还好吗? – 嗯 嗯
– Are you sure you’re all right? – Yes. Yes.
嗯 真的 挺好的
Yeah, really, I am.
我不能为咱们相遇之前发生的事生气 不是吗?
I can hardly be cross with something that happened before we existed, can I?
也不是这么说
Not really.
但是…
Still…
我想你现在都不愿意抱我了吧
I suppose a cuddle’s out of the question.
我甚至觉得当时在那儿的根本不是我
It doesn’t even feel like it was me that was there.
你明白我的意思吗?
Do you know what I mean?
你在那待了多久?
How long had you been up there?
六周还是七周吧 估计
Oh, six or seven weeks, I suppose.
或许更久
It seemed a lot longer.
我们出发时带了张地图
We had a map, er, to start with.
那玩意真他♥娘♥的♥不靠谱
It was so bloody unreliable.
不过我还是到了一个地方
I’ve still got it somewhere.
我们往山上更高的地方爬去
Yeah, we were getting higher into the mountains
我觉得最好得找个人
and I decided it would be best if we found someone,
你知道的 帮我们到意大利边境
y-you know, to help us get to the Italian border.
– 一个导游? – 对 但不是真正的导游
– A guide? – Yeah, wasn’t really a guide.
[杰克·凯鲁亚克:美国著名小说家,代表作《在路上》]
这个黑皮小杂种觉得自己是杰克·凯鲁亚克
This swarthy little bastard who thought he was Jack Kerouac.
[杰克·凯鲁亚克:美国著名小说家,代表作《在路上》]
– 你一直都特讨厌凯鲁亚克 – 是啊 没错
– You always did hate Kerouac. – Yes, I did.
也许你就是嫉妒了
Maybe you were jealous.
– 什么 嫉妒杰克·凯鲁亚克? – 嫉妒那个导游
– What, of Jack Kerouac? – Of the guide.
他在和她调情吗?
Was he flirting with her?
嗯 他们是有 呃… 在言语上

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!