He’s asleep right now.
可能你得明早再过来吧
Maybe you wanna come back in the morning.
不 我不会再回来了
No, I ain’t coming back.
其他人正在往这里赶
Other fellas is coming.
他们很不愿意看到他待在桑福德
And they ain’t happy that he’s staying here in Sanford…
跟那些白人小子一起打棒球
playing ball with white boys.
我来告诉你 先生
Now, let me tell you something, sir.
不 是你听我说 年轻人
No, you listen to me, young man.
你们最好赶紧安排好离开这里
You best just skedaddle on out of here.
要是他们过来了他还在这里
Because if they get here and he’s still here…
事情会很麻烦的
there’s gonna be trouble.
你懂了吗
You understand?
麻烦
Trouble.
麻烦 麻烦 麻烦
Trouble, trouble, trouble.
布洛克先生
Mr. Brock.
能借用一下您的电♥话♥吗
May I please use your telephone?
把他叫醒然后离开那里
Wake him up and get him out of there.
让他上车然后往代托纳比奇开
Put him in the car and, uh, start driving to Daytona Beach. Now.
还有 温德尔
Uh, oh, and, uh, Wendell…
暂时先别告诉他
under no circumstances are you to tell him
这是怎么回事
what this is about, uh…
我不想他被激怒
I don’t want him getting it in his head…
留在那里跟他们打起来
to stay there and fight.
他在哪呢
Where’s he at?
我不知道 可能搭了其他的车
I don’t know. Think he’s getting another one.
吉姆 你在护送那小子出城吗
Hey, Jim. You escorting that boy out of town?
看这边
Hey, look at this.
那是谁
What’s that?
他想干什么
What’s he want?
什么情况啊 温德尔
What the hell, Wendell?
你睡觉的时候有个人过来找我们
A man came by while you was asleep.
他说有很多人在赶过去的路上
He said more men were coming.
可能就是这些人
It might have been those fellas.
里奇先生说尽快送你去代托纳比奇
Mr. Rickey said to get you to Daytona Beach ASAP.
那你怎么没告诉我呢
Why didn’t you say so?
里奇怕你不肯离开
Mr. Rickey was afraid you wouldn’t leave.
你可以会留在那里跟他们打一架
You’d want to stay there and fight.
这他妈有什么好笑的啊
Man, what in the hell are you laughing at?
我还以为你叫醒我是因为队里把我开除了
I thought you woke me because I was cut from the team.
你的幽默感真是奇怪
You got a strange sense of humor, man.
佛罗里达 德兰
2号♥ 2号♥ 2号♥
Two, two, two!
安全上垒
Safe!
你太快了他们追不上的 杰基
You’re too fast for them, Jackie!
很好 干得漂亮 干得漂亮 小子
All right, way to go. Way to go, boy!
把那个黑鬼赶出场外
Get that nigger off the field!
加油 斯派德 好好配合 上吧
Come on, Spider, bring him in. Let’s go.
盯住他了
We got him.
4号♥ 4号♥ 4号♥ 4号♥
Four! Four! Four! Four!
他跑过来了
He’s running through!
安全上垒
Safe!
离开场地
Get off the field.
-什么 -让你离开场地 立刻
– What? – Get off the field. Now.
为什么
Why?
因为你违法了 就这个原因
Because it’s against the law, that’s why.
黑鬼不能跟白人一起打球
No nigger’s gonna play with white boys.
你给我现在就离开 要么就进监狱
Now you get off the field, or go to jail.
你要是用棍子打不死我 你就完蛋了
You use that thing, you better hit me between the eyes.
冷静 他做错什么了
Hey, hold on, now. What’d he do wrong?
我们这里的黑鬼不能跟白人待在一起
We ain’t having no Nigras mix with white boys in this town.
这里又不是北方 得把他们隔离开来
Y’all ain’t up-states now. They gotta keep separate.
布鲁克林道奇队也不能改变我们的生活习惯
The Brooklyn Dodgers ain’t changing our way of living.
你是从哪儿来的
Where y’all from, anyhow?
密西西比的格林伍德
I’m from Greenwood, Mississippi.
搞什么 你应该比我更清楚这点啊
Ha, ha, hell, boy, you ought to know better.
告诉你的黑鬼我让他滚
Now, you tell your Nigra I said to git.
那你怎么做了
What did you do?
我这么说
Oh, I said,
好的 教练 我这就走
Okay, skipper. I’m a-gitting,
我这就走 我这就走
I’m a-gitting, I’m a-gitting.
-我不会给你找麻烦的 -你才不会
– You don’t want no trouble. – You did not!
我的确这么做了啊 真的
Yes, I did. Yes, I did.
然后我去洗了个冷水澡
Then I took a cold shower.
我们1比2输了
We lost two to one.
好的 教练 我这就走 我这就走
Okay, skipper. I’m a-gitting, I’m a-gitting.
不 你不能离开我
Oh, no, you not getting away from me.
杰克
Jack.
退到我身后 蕾
Get back, Rae.
我希望你知道一些事
I want you to know something.
好的 什么事
Yeah, what’s that?
我希望你知道我支持你好好打球
I want you to know I’m pulling for you to make good.
这里的很多人也是这么想的
A lot of folks around here feel the same way.
一个有天赋的人应当得到公平的机会
If a man’s got the goods, he deserves a fair chance,
仅此而已
that’s all.
女士你好
Ma’am.
你要见我吗 里奇先生
You wanted to see me, Mr. Rickey?
这里的百慕大草长得真好
Bermuda grass grows so well here.
要是布鲁克林的也能长成这样就好了
I wish we could get it to grow like this up in Brooklyn.
是啊
Yeah.
我喜欢草坪刚修剪过的味道
I like the way it smells when they mow it.
我也喜欢
Heh, me too.
杰基
Jackie…
我很荣幸地
it is my pleasure…
告诉你
to tell you that
你在蒙特利尔皇家队赢得一个席位
you have earned a place with the Montreal Royals.
星期二他们北上
When they head north on Tuesday
去打开赛日与泽西城市队的比赛
for opening day with Jersey City…
你也会跟他们一起坐上火车
you’ll be on the train.
我不会让你失望的
I won’t let you down.
我知道你不会的
Yeah, I know you won’t.
你不介意的话 我想先告诉我妻子
If you don’t mind, I’d like to go tell my wife.
代我向她问好
Ah, you give her my regards.
里奇先生
Mr. Rickey?
你为什么要这么做
Why are you doing this?
我是做棒球生意的
I’m in the baseball business.
明年我想签
With you and the other Negro players
你还有其他的黑人球员
I hope to bring up next year…
我可以组成一支能赢世界联赛的队伍
I can put together a team that can win the World Series.
赢世界联赛就意味着赚很多钱
And the World Series means money.
你相信这一点的吧
You believe that, don’t you?
我觉得我相信什么并不重要
I don’t think it matters what I believe.
重要的是我做了什么
Only what I do.
我同意
Agreed.
因此
Therefore…
我要你去骚扰那些投手直到他们崩溃
I want you to worry those pitchers till they come apart.
只要你觉得合适就跑垒
Run as you see fit.
有时候球会被接住 但是没有关系
Sometimes you’ll get caught, but that doesn’t matter.
泰·柯布 史上百大杰出棒球球员排名第三
泰·柯布就经常被人抓住
Ty Cobb got caught plenty.
你只管拼命埋头跑垒
You just run those bases like the devil himself.
让对手闻风丧胆
Put the natural fear of God in them.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
北上开往亚特兰大的列车现在可以登车了
Train for Atlanta and points north now boarding.
北上开往亚特兰大的列车现在可以登车了
Train for Atlanta and points north now boarding.
他来了
There he is.
人上齐了
All aboard!
小伙子
Young man.
我还能听见他
I can still hear him.
我还能听见他
I can still hear him!
泽西城 1946年4月18日
世界棒球职业联盟赛季开幕日
开球
Play ball!
客场蒙特利尔皇家队的阵容是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!