什么
What?
你到底想怎么样 沃尔克
What do you want from me, Walker?
一个道歉
An apology.
你想要个道歉 为什么
You want an apology? For what?
为了这样的地方
For places like this?
不 是为了你把这个赛季变成了闹剧
No. For turning this season into a damn sideshow.
-伙计 -我是个球员 好吗
– Hey, fellas. – I’m a ballplayer, all right?
-我是来打球的 -我也是
– I’m here to play ball! – So am I.
我在这里是想赢比赛
I’m hereto win.
我们都想赢球 这是大家共同的目标
We want to win. We on the same page?
睡在大巴上我们怎么赢
Well, how we supposed to win sleeping on a bus?
或许那对你最近的击球率会有帮助
Maybe it’ll do you some good the way you been swinging the bat.
-说话小心点 -别动手
– Hey, you watch your mouth! – Hey, you watch your hand.
-不准再那样跟我说话 -别动手
– Don’t you ever talk to me like that again! – Watch your hand!
听到了吗 小心点儿
You hear me? Watch yourself!
你朝我吐口水
You spit on me now?
如果我喷你 那算是一大进步
If I spit on you, it’d be an improvement.
-够了 滚回家去 -行了 够了
– That’s it. You go home, all right? – All right, that’s enough!
兄弟们 我们得习惯 以后还会这样
Hey, hey! Get used to it, fellas. This how it’s gonna be.
我们的出现就像马戏团一样
We show up, the circus is in town!
我哪儿也不去
I’m not going anywhere!
我就在这儿
I’m right here!
爱施私刑的暴徒就在我们之间
“There is a great lynch mob among us.
他们明目张胆 杀人不见血
They go unhooded and work without a rope.”
那是指你 不是我
That’s you, not me.
我们必须记住这个国家的敌人
“We must remember that all this country’s enemies
就在我们身边
are not beyond the frontiers of our homeland.”
可能是犹太人写的
A Jew probably wrote that.
我不在乎是谁写的 这已经上报了
I don’t care who wrote it. It’s in the damn papers!
情况不妙 本
This is not good, Ben.
你让整个费城人队看起来都有种族歧视
Makes the entire Phillies organization look racist.
你必须得做点什么
You gotta do something about it.
我吗 我可是在捍卫棒球
Me? Look, I’m defending baseball.
现在是你来捍卫费城人队的时候了
It’s time for you to step up and defend the Phillies.
这事在球场而起
This started on the field, it’s gonna
也要在球场结束 就这么定了
end on the field, and we’re done talking about it.
好吧
All right.
小伙子们
Hey, fellas.
打扰了 杰基
Excuse me. Hi. Jackie.
温德尔
Uh, Wendell, um…
接到请求
A request came in.
本·查普曼 他是
Uh, Ben Chapman, he’s the,
费城人队的经理 你知道的
uh, manager for the Phillies. You knew that.
他想与你合照
Uh, he’d like his photo taken with you.
你没喝多吧 哈罗德
You been drinking, Harold?
不不 我也希望是这样
No. No. I wish.
不 里奇先生觉得这个主意不错
No, Mr. Rickey, uh, he thinks it’s a good idea.
他说这将横扫全国报纸体育版的头条
He says it’s gonna be in every sports page across the country.
证明最强硬的人都能改变
An example that even the most hardened man can change.
查普曼才没改变 他只是在挽回颜面
Chapman hasn’t changed. He’s just trying to save face.
里奇先生说他变没变并不重要
Mr. Rickey says it doesn’t matter if he’s changed.
只要他看上去改变了就行
As long as it looks like he’s changed.
杰基 问题开始出现转机了
Jackie, you’ve seen the questions come in slow.
现在 你把这合照看成是迟来的橄榄枝
Now, just see this photo come in even slower.
查普曼说他会过来
Chapman said he’d come down here.
或者在跑道上碰面
Or, uh, he could meet you in the runway.
不
No.
在球场上见
On the field.
在大家都能看到的地方
Where everyone can see.
第三次世界大战爆发了吗 瞧瞧你们
Did World War Ⅲ break out? Look at all of y’all.
他们都把你挖出来了 鲍姆
They even dug you up, Baum.
这是一定很重要
This must be important.
听着 我有话要说
Listen, I want to say something, uh…
杰基已经被棒球界接受
Jackie’s been accepted into baseball,
同时 费城人队
and the Philadelphia organization
真心希望他好运
wish him all the luck that we can.
我只是希望我们之间的摩擦能对他有帮助
I just hope that our trial of fire has helped him along.
要合照吗 你们握手言和
How about a picture? You shake hands. Bury the hatchet.
你要和解吗
You wanna bury the hatchet?
当然
Sure.
我们用球棒
We’ll use a bat.
那样就不用碰到对方
That way we don’t have to touch skin.
-好吧 -过来 伙计
– All right. – Come on, fellas.
-好吧 拍吧 -不错 看这里
– All right, do it. – That’s good. Right here.
再来一张 看这边 本
One more. This way, Ben.
奥斯特穆勒站在投球区
It’s Ostermueller on the mound.
1947年5月17日 匹兹堡
奥斯特穆勒 非常淡定
Ostermueller, deliberate.
提醒大家一下
What I mean to say is,
他是赛场上速度最慢的投手之一
he’s one of the slowest working pitchers in the game.
他要投球了
Here’s the windup. And…
天啊 他击中了杰基·罗宾森的头部
Oh, my! He hit Jackie Robinson right in the head.
杰基被击倒在地
And Jackie is down!
你这是在干什么 奥斯特穆勒
What are you doing out there, Ostermueller?
奥斯特穆勒 你个混♥蛋♥
Ostermueller, you creep!
别忘了你也是击球手
You gotta bat too! Don’t you forget it!
放马过来啊 你个南欧混球
Hey, I’m ready, you wop bastard!
南欧混球 你就等着被球击中眉心
Oh, yeah? “Wop bastard”? It’s coming between your eyes.
二战时期的日本敢死队
让你尝尝神风特攻队的味道
I’m gonna come like a kamikaze!
他不属于这儿
He doesn’t belong here!
给我放开 停下来
Get off! Knock it off!
分别为德国重量级拳击手和纳粹德国空军头目
我会送你去找施梅林和戈林
I’ll send you back to Schmeling and Goering
和你死去的德国佬兄弟
and the rest of your dead Kraut buddies!
要打架吗 皮尼尔
You want some, Piner?
他不属于这儿
He doesn’t belong here!
他们只是无知
They’re just ignorant.
如果他们了解你 他们会感到羞耻的
If they knew you, they would be ashamed.
有事吗 皮·维
What can I do for you, Pee Wee?
里奇先生 是这样的
Well, Mr. Rickey, it’s like this.
下星期在辛辛那提的联赛
The series in Cincinnati next week?
对 很重要的客场赛
Yes. Important road trip.
我们距离得分第一的球队只差三场比赛
We’re only three games out of first.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
你知道我来自肯塔基州
Now, you know I’m from Kentucky.
那么辛辛那提对你来说算是主场
Then Cincinnati will nearly be a home game for you.
我收到这封信
Well… I got this letter.
显然 有人不太乐意看到
Apparently, some people
我和罗宾森一起比赛
aren’t too happy about me playing with Robinson.
黑鬼的基友
“Nigger lover.
小心点儿
Watch yourself.
别让我们逮到你 墙头草
We’ll get you, Carpetbagger.”
太老套了
Pretty typical stuff.
对我来说可不老套 先生
Well, it’s not typical to me, sir.
这样的信你收到过几封 皮·维
How many of those letters have you gotten, Pee Wee?
就一封 难道还不够吗
Just the one. Ain’t that enough?
那是什么
What are those?
我告诉你它们不是什么
Well, I’ll tell you what they aren’t.
不是什么杰基·罗宾森的粉丝来信
They aren’t letters from the Jackie Robinson fan club.
滚出棒球界 不然你的孩子死定了
“Get out of baseball or your baby boy will die.”
退出棒球界 不然你的黑人老婆
“Quit baseball or your nigger wife…”
滚出比赛 不然死路一条
“Get out of the game or be killed.”
杰基知道吗
Does Jackie know?
他当然知道
Well, of course he does.
联邦调查局都知道
And the FBI.
他们很认真地处理辛辛那提的恐吓
They’re taking a threat in Cincinnati pretty seriously.
所以请原谅 我其实
So excuse me if I don’t get too
对你被称作墙头草并不是很气愤
upset about you getting called a carpetbagger.
你应该感到骄傲
You should be proud.
我就是想好好打球 先生 仅此而已
Well, I’d just like to play ball, sir. That’s all.
我能理解