-我得走了 -等一下 等等
-I gotta go. -Wait. One second. Wait,wait,wait.
不 不 不 好了 我拿着
No,no,no. It’s okay. I’ll take it.
我不要你来看我
I don’t want you coming up there to visit me.
我要你得到幸福 所以忘了我继续过活吧
I want you to be happy,so I want you to forget about me and live your life.
我们走哈逊快速道路
I figure we take the Henry Hudson
接到史波溪路
to the Sprain Brook Parkway,
然后接到塔康尼公路
then to the Taconic.
然后一直开
That should get us there.
就会开到欧狄斯威尔
Easy drive to Otisville.
老天 他们把你打得好惨
Jesus,look what they did to you.
我告诉你 不会有事的
I tell you what,Monty,it’s gonna be okay.
我知道看起来很糟 不过你也知道
It looks bad,I know it,but,you know,
消了肿就没事
when the swelling goes down,it’s gonna be okay.
那些黑道把你打得真惨
Them hooligans sure gave you a licking though,huh?
他们有多少人
How many were there?
不知道 有一大群人
I don’t know,Pop. There was a bunch of ’em.
你有没有还手
You get some good shots in?
有 我也痛殴了他们
Yeah,I got some good shots in.
一个月后就会跟没事一样
Give it a month,you’ll be better looking than ever.
老爸
Pop.
你说的对 不是她
You were right. It wasn’t her.
不是娜卓告的密
It wasn’t Naturelle.
当然不是娜卓
Of course it wasn’t Naturelle.
好酷的狗
Cool dog.
你是只酷狗耶
You’re a cool dog.
汤姆
蒙提
你只要开口我就左转
Give me the word and I’ll take a left turn.
-左转到哪儿 -从华盛顿桥往西开
-Left turn to where? -Take the GW Bridge and go west.
先带你缝几针再继续上路
Get you stitched up somewhere and keep going.
找到一个小镇
Find a nice little town.
顺便到芝加哥 看一场小熊队的球赛
On the way,stop in Chicago for a Cubs game.
你一直想看看雷格利球场
You always told me you wanted to see Wrigley Field.
爸爸
Dad…
我只是说要是你真的想 我就这么做
I’m saying if… If you want it. If that’s what you want,I’ll do it.
-不行 他们会没收你的酒吧 -我的酒吧
-No. They’d take your bar. -My bar?
天啊 我的酒吧算什么 他们尽管没收我的酒吧
Jesus,my bar. They can take my bar to hell and back.
难道我的酒吧 比我的独子更重要吗
You think my bar is more important to me than you,my only child?
你只要开口我们就去
Give me the word and we’ll go.
他们会找到我的
They’ll find me.
迟早都会找到我的
They’ll find me sooner or later.
你知道他们怎么逮到逃犯
You know how they find people?
都是等到他们回家
They find them when they come home.
逃犯通常都会回家
People run away but they usually come back.
所以才会被逮到
That’s when they get caught.
你一走就不能回头
So you go and you never come back.
你永远不能回家
You never come home.
我们要
We’ll drive.
一直开下去
And keep driving.
开到鸟不生蛋的地方
Head out to the middle of nowhere.
能开多远就开多远
Take that road as far as it takes us.
你没去过费城以西吧
You’ve never been west of Philly,have you?
这是个美丽的国家 风景很壮丽
This is a beautiful country,Monty. It’s beautiful out there.
简直像不同的世界 高山峻岭
Looks like a different world. Mountains,hills,
牛羊成群 农庄和白色教堂
cows,farms and white churches.
我跟你妈在你出生前 有一次开车到西岸
I drove out west with your mother one time,before you was born.
花了三天从布鲁克林 开到太平洋海岸
Brooklyn to the Pacific in three days.
只够钱买♥♥汽油 三明治和咖啡
Just enough money for gas,sandwiches and coffee,
但是我们终于到了
but we made it.
每个人 都该看看这片沙漠
Every man,woman and child alive should see the desert
在死之前
one time before they die.
方圆好几英哩都空无一物
Nothing at all for miles around.
只有沙石 仙人掌和蓝天
Nothing but sand and rocks and cactus and blue sky.
一个人也没有
Not a soul in sight.
没有警笛 没有汽车警报声
No sirens. No car alarms.
没有人按你喇叭
Nobody honking at you.
也没有流浪汉在街头 大声咒骂或随地小便
No madmen cursing or pissing on the streets.
你只会找到 心中的寂静和详和
You find the silence out there. You find the peace.
你甚至能找到上帝
You can find God.
我们一直往西开去
So we drive west.
直到我们找到一座小镇
Keep driving till we find a nice little town.
人们为什么会到 沙漠中的小镇
These towns out in the desert,you know why they got there?
因为他们想逃离别的地方
People wanted to get away from somewhere else.
他们在沙漠中重新开始
The desert’s for starting over.
我们会找到一家酒吧 然后我会叫两杯酒
Find a bar and I’ll buy us drinks.
两杯
Two.
我有两年没喝酒 不过我会陪你喝一杯
I haven’t had a drink in two years,but I’ll have one with you.
陪我儿子喝最后一杯威士忌
One last whiskey with my boy.
慢慢喝 享受麦芽香
Take our time with it. Taste the barley.
让香味留在口中
Let it linger.
然后我就会走人
And then I’ll go.
我要你拿去
I want you to keep that.
我会替你保管
I’ll hold it for you.
我会叫你不要写信给我 也不要回来看我
I’ll tell you,don’t ever write me. Don’t ever come visit.
我会跟你说我相信我跟你妈
I’ll tell you I believe in God’s kingdom
有一天会在天国再跟你团聚
and I believe I will be with you again and your mother
但是这辈子不能再见面
but not in this lifetime.
你会找到一份工作
You’ll get a job somewhere.
一份付现金的工作
A job that pays cash.
一个不罗唆的老板
A boss who doesn’t ask questions.
你要过新的生活 但你永远不能回家
And you make a new life and you never come back.
蒙提 像你这种人有一种能耐
Monty,people like you. It’s a gift.
你走到哪儿都能交到朋友
You make friends wherever you go.
要点什么
How you fellas doing?
你要努力工作
You’re gonna work hard,
认真做事 不多说话
you’re gonna keep your head down and your mouth shut.
你要在那儿建立一个新家
You’re gonna make yourself a new home out there.
拿去 詹姆斯
Here you go,James.
你是纽约客 这永远不会改变
You’re a New Yorker. That will never change.
你身上流着纽约的血
You got New York in your bones.
虽然你会在西岸度过余生 但你永远是纽约客
Spend the rest of your life out West,but you’re still a New Yorker.
你会想念你的朋友和你的狗
You’ll miss your friends,you’ll miss your dog,
但是你很坚强 你跟你妈一样韧性十足
but you’re strong. You got your mother’s backbone in you.
你跟她一样坚强
You’re strong like she was.
你会认识有办法的人
You find the right people and get yourself papers.
帮你弄到新证件
Go ahead and have a seat.
一张驾照
A driver’s license.
-你叫什么 -詹姆斯
-What’s your name? -James.
詹姆斯 你不是本地人
James. Not from around here,are you?
不是 我来自西岸
No,I’m from out west.
我替你拍张相
Well,let’s go ahead and get your picture.
别动 笑一笑
Be still,give me a smile. Okay.
笑得开心一点
Now give me a bigger smile,James.
张大着嘴笑 很好
Big,bigger,okay.
你要忘了以前的生活
You forget your old life.
你不能回来 你不能打电♥话♥或写信
You can’t come back. You can’t call,you can’t write.
你绝不能回头
You never look back.
你要重新过活 听到吗
You make a new life for yourself and you live it.
你要过你本来就该过的生活
You hear me? You live your life the way it should have been.
虽然这很危险
And maybe,and this is dangerous,
但是过了两年 你可以跟娜卓联络
but maybe,after a couple of years,you send word to Naturelle.
四 三 二 一
Four,three,two,one.
-新年快乐 -新年快乐
-Happy New Year. -Happy New Year.
你摸摸看
Mmm. Feel that,right there?
你妈是个疯子
Your mother’s a lunatic.
快点生出来陪我
Hurry up. I need company.
你要成立一个新家庭 把孩子好好养大
You get yourself a new family and raise them right.
让他们过好日子 他们需要什么就给他们
You hear me? Give them a good life,Monty. Give them what they need.
你有了儿子就叫他詹姆斯
You have a son. Maybe you name him James.
这是个好名字 也许 有一天
It’s a good strong name. And maybe,one day,
当我死了
years from now,long after I’m dead and gone,