好吧 我改变投票 他有罪
All right. I’m changing my vote. He’s guilty.
还有别人吗?票数是八比四
Anybody else? The vote is eight to four.
为什么这就让你个人如此得意洋洋 这一票?
Why is this such a personal triumph for you, this one vote?
好 我说我们是悬判 我说我们就这样告诉法官吧
OK. I say we’re a hung jury. I say we take it in to the judge.
这办法如何?我想听到争辩
How about it? I wanna hear arguments.
你 你是领头挑事的 这办法如何?
You, you’re the leader of the cause. What about it?
我们再过一遍
Let’s go over it again.
我们已经过了一遍了
We’ve been over it again.
这个穿法兰绒外衣的男孩
The boy in the grey flannel suit
像个网球一样前后蹦来蹦去
is bouncin’ back and forth like a tennis ball.
没有必要这么低级
There’s no point in getting nasty.
你不断地挑起争议
You keep trying to turn this into a contest.
好
OK.
也许我们应该谈谈 设一个时间限制
Maybe we can talk about setting some kind of time limit.
对 时间一到我们就结案 嗯?
Yeah. Once around for the deal, huh?
现在是…6点一刻
It’s… a quarter after six.
之前有人提过7点
Someone before mentioned seven o’clock.
我想到那个时间点 我们也许就开始讨论
That’s a point at which we might begin to discuss the question
我们是否定为悬判的问题
whether we’re a hung jury or not.
你感觉不好吗?
Don’t you feel well?
我感觉很好 谢谢你
I feel perfectly well, thank you.
我刚说到7点是个合理的时间…
I was saying seven o’clock would be a reasonable time…
我问那个的原因 是因为…
The reason I asked that was because
你在按♥摩♥你的鼻子 就像…
you were rubbing your nose like…
哦 对不起打断你了
Oh, I’m sorry for interrupting.
可你做的动作让我想起了一件事
But you made a gesture that reminded me of something.
我正在试着订出规则 你不介意吧
I’m trying to settle something here. Do you mind?
我认为这很重要
Well, I think this is important.
谢谢你
Thank you.
现在 我相信你会原谅我这么说 不过…
Now, then. I’m sure you’ll pardon me for this, but
我在想你为什么 要那样按♥摩♥你的鼻子
I was wondering why you rub your nose like that.
省省吧 行吗?
Come on, will you?
此刻我是在跟坐在你旁边的这位先生说话
At this point I happen to be talking to the gentleman sitting next to you.
好了 你为什么要那样按♥摩♥你的鼻子?
Now, why were you rubbing your nose like that?
如果跟你有关系的话
If it’s any of your business,
我按♥摩♥它 是因为它让我有点不舒服
I was rubbing it because it bothers me a little.
哦 对不起 那是…因为你的眼镜吗?
Oh, I’m sorry. Is it…is it because of your eyeglasses?
是的
It is.
现在我们可以谈别的了吗?
Now could we get on to something else?
你的眼镜造成那两个深印子
Your eyeglasses made those two deep impressions
就在鼻梁侧面
on the sides of your nose.
我之前没有注意到
I hadn’t noticed that before.
那一定挺烦人的
That must be annoying.
是很烦人
It is very annoying.
我不了解那种感觉
I wouldn’t know about that.
我从没戴过眼镜
I’ve never worn eyeglasses.
20 20
20 20
听着 你能不能放过这些验光师的事?
Listen, will you come on already with the optometrist bit?
那个作证说看见凶杀的女人
The woman who testified that she saw the killing
也有同样的印子 在鼻梁侧面
had those same marks on the sides of her nose.
我的个天!他说的对
Holy smoke! He’s right.
拜托
Please.
给我一点时间…
Just give me a minute…
让我把话说完
and I’ll be finished.
我不知道其他人是否注意到她
I don’t know if anyone else noticed that about her.
当时我没想到
I didn’t think of it then,
但我一直在琢磨她的脸 在我脑海里
but I’ve been going over her face…in my mind.
她也有这样的印子
She had those same marks.
她在法庭上不停按♥摩♥它们
She kept rubbing them in court.
他说的对 她的确多次那么做
He’s right. She did do that a lot.
这个女人♥大♥约 45岁
This woman was about 45 years old.
她非常努力让自己像35岁
She was making a tremendous effort to look 35.
第一次在公众面前露脸
For her first public appearance.
浓妆 染头发
Heavy make-up. Dyed hair.
年轻女孩才会穿的崭新衣服
Brand-new clothes that should have been worn by a younger woman.
没有戴眼镜 女人常那么做
No glasses. Well, women do that.
看你能不能 对她的心态有所了解
See if you can get a mental picture of her.
你什么意思 没戴眼镜?
What do you mean, no glasses?
你怎么知道她戴不戴眼镜?
How do you know whether she wore glasses?
就因为她按♥摩♥鼻子吗?
Just cos she was rubbin’ her nose?
她也有那种印子 我看见了
She had those marks. I saw ’em.
又怎样?你觉得那有什么意义?
So? What do you think that means?
听着 我烦透了你的吼叫
Listen, I’m getting so sick of your yellin’…
好了 算了
Come on. Forget it.
嘿 听着 他说的对
Hey, listen. Listen, he’s right.
我也看到了 我是最靠近她的人
I saw them too. I was the closest one to her.
她有这些东西 在鼻子边上
She had these things on the side of her nose.
那叫什么?在边上
What you call them? on the side
你想表达什么?
What point are you makin’ here?
她染了头发 鼻子上有印子
She had dyed hair, marks on her nose.
那有什么意义?
What does that mean?
这些印子可能是除了眼镜以外其他东西造成的吗?
Could those marks be made by anything other than eyeglasses?
不 不可能
No. They couldn’t.
我没看到什么印子
I didn’t see any marks!
我看到了
I did.
奇怪 我之前没有想到这一点
Strange, but I didn’t think about it before.
那个律师呢?他为什么不说什么?
What about the lawyer? Why didn’t the lawyer say something?
这里有12个人专注此案
There are twelve people in here concentrating on this case.
我们中11个人也没有想到
Eleven of us didn’t think of it either.
那么地方检察官呢?
What about the district attorney?
你觉得他会玩这种花招吗?
You think he’d pull a trick like that?
让她作证时不戴眼镜?
Have her testify without her glasses?
你从没见过不喜欢戴眼镜的女人吗?
Ever see a woman who won’t wear glasses
她不想戴 因为她觉得它会让她难看
she didn’t want to because she think they spoil her looks?
好吧 她鼻子上有印子
OK. She had marks on her nose.
我承认这一点
I’m givin’ you that.
眼镜造成的 对吧?
From glasses, right?
她不想戴着出门 想让大家觉得她漂亮
She didn’t wanna wear ’em out of the house so people’d think she’s gorgeous.
但她看到 那孩子杀死他父亲时
But when she saw this kid killin’ his father,
她待在房♥里 一个人
she was in the house alone.
就是那样
That’s all.
你上♥床♥会戴着眼镜吗?
Do you wear glasses when you go to bed?
不 我不会
No. I don’t.
没有人会戴着眼镜上♥床♥
No one wears eyeglasses to bed.
可以合理假设她在床上并没有戴眼镜
It’s logical to assume that she wasn’t wearing them in bed.
翻来覆去想睡着
Tossing and turning, trying to full asleep
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
我不知道 我在猜测
I don’t know. I’m guessing.
我还猜测她往窗外看去时 可能并没有戴眼镜
I’m also guessing that she didn’t put them on when she looked out of the window.
她还作证说 她往外看时 凶杀正好发生
She testified the killing took place just as she looked out.
灯关着 一两秒内她没有时间待戴上眼镜
The lights went off. a slip secend later She couldn’t have time to put them on.
等一下 – 还有另一个猜测
Wait a secend. -Here’s another guess.
也许她真的认为 她看到了那男孩杀死他父亲
Maybe she honestly thought she saw the boy kill his father.
我说她只看到个人影
I say she only saw a blur.
你怎么知道她看到了什么?
How do you know what she saw?
他怎么会知道那么多事?
How does he know all that?
你怎么知道 她戴的是哪种眼镜?
How do you know what glasses she wore?
可能是太阳镜!或许她是远视!
Maybe they were sunglasses! Maybe she was far-sighted!
这你怎么会知道?
What do you know about it?
我只知道 那个女人的视力现在有疑问
I only know the woman’s eyesight is in question now.
她得有办法辨识出60尺外的人
She had to be able to identify a person 60 feet away,
夜里 不戴眼镜
at night, without glasses.
你不能靠这样的证据 让一个人送死
You can’t send someone off to die on evidence like that.
哦 别跟我来这套
Aw, don’t give me that.
你不觉得那女人可能犯错吗?
Don’t you think the women might have made a mistake?
不
No.
就没有可能吗?
It’s not possible?
没有 没有可能
No, it’s not possible.
有可能吗?
Is it possible?
无罪
Not guilty.