因为有什么棒球票在你口袋里热得发烫
because there are some baseball tickets burning a hole in your pocket.
现在你改了投票
Now you have changed your vote
因为你说厌倦了这些讨论
because you say you’re sick of all the talking?
听我说 兄弟
Now, listen, buddy.
谁告诉你你有权…
Who tells you that you have the right
这样玩弄一个人的生命?
to play like this with a man’s life?
你不在乎吗? – 等一下
Don’t you care? -Now, wait a minute.
你不能这样跟我说话
You can’t talk like that to me.
我可以这样跟你说话
I can talk like that to you.
如果你要投无罪票
If you want to vote not guilty,
必须是因为你相信这人无罪
do it because you are convinced the man is not guilty…
而不是因为你受够了
not because you’ve had enough.
如果你觉得他有罪 就那样投票
And if you think he is guilty, then vote that way.
难道你没胆去做你认为是对的事吗?
Or don’t you have the guts to do what you think is right?
听我说 – 有罪还是无罪?
Now, listen… – Guilty or not guilty?
我说了 无罪
I told you. Not guilty.
为什么?
Why?
瞧 我不必…
Look, I don’t have to…
你必须 说出来 为什么?
You do have to. Say it. Why?
我…我不认为他有罪
I…I don’t think he’s guilty.
我要求再次投票
I want another vote.
好的 要求再次投票
OK, that’s another vote called for.
我想最快的办法是举手 有人反对吗?
I guess the quickest way is a show of hands. Anyone object?
好 认为无罪的 请举手
OK, all those voting not guilty, raise your hands.
一 二 三 四 五 六 七
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven…

eight.

Nine.
认为有罪的 请举手
All those voting guilty, raise your hands.
一 二 三
One, two, three.
票数是九比三支持无罪
Well, the vote’s nine to three in favour of acquittal.
我搞不懂你们这些人!
I don’t understand you people!
我说你们不断提出那些吹毛求疵的细节
I mean all these picky little points you keep bringing up,
什么意义都没有!
they don’t mean nothing!
你们见过那孩子 跟我一样
You saw this kid just like I did.
别跟我说你们相信 刀不见了的假故事
You’re not gonna tell me you believe that phoney story about losing the knife
还有关于电影的那些事
and those business about being at the movies.
你们知道这些人如何说谎 他们生来如此
Look, you know how these people lie. It’s born in them.
我是说 搞什么鬼 不必我来告诉你们
I mean what the heck. I don’t have to tell you.
他们不知道什么是真♥相♥!
They don’t know what the truth is!
还有 我告诉你们
And let me tell you
他们也不需要什么真正的理由就会杀人
They don’t need any real big reason to kill someone, either.
不用 先生
No, sir.
他们喝醉了 他们都是真正的烂酒鬼 全都是
They get drunk. They’re real big drinkers, all of ’em.
这你知道
You know that
然后 砰 有人倒在水沟里
Someone’s lying in the gutter.
没有人怪他们
Nobody’s blaming ’em.
他们就是这样 天性
That’s the way they are by nature.
你们知道我的意思吗?暴♥力♥
You know what I mean? Violent.
你要去哪里?
Where are you going?
他们对人命看得不如我们那么重
Human life don’t mean as much to them as it does to us.
他们时刻在醉酒 打架
They’re lushing it up and fighting all the time,
如果有人死了 那就死了
and if somebody gets killed, somebody gets killed!
他们不在乎!
They don’t care!
当然 他们也有好的地方
Sure, there’s some good things about ’em, too.
看 我是第一个说这话的人
Look, I’m the first one to say that.
我认识一对夫妇还不错
I’ve known a couple who were OK
但那是例外 懂我的意思吧?
but that’s the exception. you know what i mean?
他们的大多数 就像是没有感情
Most of ’em, it’s like they have no feelings!
他们什么事都做得出来!
They can do anything!
这是怎么回事?
What’s going on here?
我正在告诉你们
I’m trying to tell you.
你们正在犯下大错 你们这些人
You’re making a big mistake, you people.
这孩子是骗子 我知道 我了解他们全部
This kid is a liar. I know it. I know all about them.
听我说 他们不好
Listen to me. They’re no good.
他们中没有一个人有一点好
There’s not a one of ’em who’s any good.
瞧 我说 这 这怎么一回事?
Look, I mean…what…what’s happening in here?
我说出我的想法 你们…
I speak my piece, and you…
听我说
Listen to me.
受审的这孩子 他是个典型
This kid on trial here. His type.
难道你们不了解他们吗?
Well, don’t you know about them?
这里…这里有危险
There’s a… There’s a danger here.
这些人很危险
These people are dangerous.
他们…野蛮
They’re… wild.
听我说
Listen to me.
听我说
Listen to me.
我听了
I have.
现在 坐下 别再开口了
Now, sit down and don’t open your mouth again.
有时候…我告诉你
Some of the time…I tell you.
在这种事情上要排除个人偏见总是很难的
It’s always difficult to keep personal prejudice out of a thing like this.
不论你从哪里入手 偏见总是遮蔽真♥相♥
Wherever you run into it, prejudice always obscures the truth.
我并不真的知道真♥相♥是什么
I don’t really know what the truth is.
我想任何人都不会真的知道
I don’t suppose anybody will ever really know.
我们九个人现在似乎觉得被告是无辜的
Nine of us now seem to feel that the defendant is innocent.
但我们不过是在赌可能性
But we’re just gambling on probabilities.
我们也许错了
We may be wrong.
我们也许在放走一个有罪的人 我不知道
We may be trying to let a guilty man go free. I don’t know.
没有人真的知道 但我们有合理的怀疑
Nobody really can. But we have a reasonable doubt.
那是我们的制度中非常有价值的东西
And that’s something that’s very valuable in our system.
没有哪个陪审团能判决一个人有罪
No jury can declare a man guilty
除非十分确定
unless it’s sure.
我们九个
We nine…
不理解你们三个为什么还那么确定
can’t understand how you three are still so sure.
也许你们能告诉我们
Maybe you can tell us.
我来试试
I’ll try.
你提出了一些极好的观点
You’ve made some excellent points,
但我仍然相信 那男孩犯有谋杀罪
but I still believe the boy is guilty on murder.
我有两个原因
I have two reasons.
一:对街那个女人给出的证词
One: The evidence given by the woman across the street,
她实际上看到了谋杀实施
who actually saw the murder committed.
在我看来 那是最重要的证词
That’s the most important testimony.
二:她描述了刺杀过程的事实
And two: The fact that she described the stabbing
她说她看到那男孩
by saying she saw the boy
手臂高举过头 往他父亲的胸口刺下
raise his arm over his head and stab down into the father’s chest.
她看见他做了 错误的持刀法
She saw him do it, the wrong way.
一点都没错
That’s absolutely right.
我们来谈一谈这女人
Let’s talk about this woman for a moment.
她说当晚她大约在11点上♥床♥
She said she went to bed about eleven o’clock that night.
她的床临着窗户 她躺着就可以往外看
Her bed was next to the window, and she could look out while lying down
直接看到对街那男孩的房♥间
and see directly into the boy’s room across the street.
她翻来覆去一个多小时 睡不着
She tossed and turned for over an hour unable to sleep.
最后她转向窗户 大约在12点过10分
Finally, she turned toward the window at about 10 minutes after 12,
往外看的时候
and as she looked out
她看到杀人 透过经过的电车车窗
she saw the killing through the windows of a passing el train.
她说在凶杀发生后 立刻就没了灯光
She said the lights went out immediately after the killing
但她清楚地看到那男孩
but that she got a good look at the boy
刺向他父亲的动作
in the act of stabbing his father.
就我所见 这是不可动摇的证词
As far as I can see it, this is unshakeable testimony.
整个案子就这样
Well, that’s the whole case.
你怎么想呢?
What do you think?
你觉得呢?
How about you?
我不知道
I don’t know.
那么多证词要筛查
So much evidence to sift.
这是一个相当复杂的事情
This is a pretty complicated business.
坦白讲 我看不出你怎么能投无罪票
Frankly, I don’t see how you can vote for acquittal.
要安排这样的证词并不容易
It’s not so easy to arrange the evidence.
你可以抛开所有其他证据!
Throw out all the other evidence!
那女人看到他做了!
The woman saw him do it!
你还要别的什么呢?
What else do you want?
嗯 也许… – 我们来投票吧
Well, maybe… – Let’s vote on it.
好 再度要求投票 有人反对吗?
OK, there’s another vote called for. Anyone object?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!