在巨大的精神压力下
Under great emotional stress.
他在法庭上正确记起了电影的名字和演出明星
He remembered them correctly in court the names of the pictures and the stars played in them.
对 他的律师费尽力气才引他说出来
Yes. His lawyer took great pains to bring that out.
他有3个月时间来回想 从案发到接受审判那天
He had three months from the night of murder to the day of the trial in which to memorise them.
一个律师要查出某个影院某个晚上在放映什么并不难
It’s not difficult for a lawyer to find out what played at a particula theator on a particular night.
我采信谋杀发生后警♥察♥询问那男孩的证词
I’ll take the testimony the policemen took from the boy right after the murder…
那时他记不起电影的任何事
when he couldn’t remember a thing about the movies,
无论有巨大精神压力与否
great emotional stress or not.
我想问你一个私人问题
I’d like to ask you a personal question.
说吧
Go ahead.
昨晚你在哪里?
Where were you last night?
我在家里
I was home.
前天晚上呢?
How about the night before that?
得了 这算什么?
Come on. What is this?
没事
It’s all right.
我8:30下班 直接回家上♥床♥了
I left the office at 8.30 and went straight home and to bed.
大前天晚上呢?
And the night before that?
那是…星期二晚上
That was…Tuesday night.
桥牌之夜 我去打桥牌了
The bridge tournament. I played bridge.
星期一晚上呢?
Monday night?
回想到1954年的新年夜时 通知我一声
When you get to New Year’s Eve 1954, let me know.
星期一晚上?
Monday night?
星期一晚上…我妻子和我去看电影
Monday night… my wife and I went to the movies.
你们看了什么?
What did you see?
《红圈》 是一部聪明的侦探片
The Scarlet Circle. It’s a very clever whodunit.
第二部是什么呢? – 是…
What was the second feature? – The…
我一会儿就告诉你
I’ll tell you in a minute.
《杰出的…什么太太》
The Remarkable Mrs…Something.
宾布里奇太太 《杰出的宾布里奇太太》
Mrs.Bainbridge. The Remarkable Mrs.Bainbridge
我看过那个 它叫做《令人惊讶的宾布里奇太太》
I saw that. It’s called The Amazing Mrs Bainbridge.
对 《令人惊讶的宾布里奇太太》 我想是的
Yes. The Amazing Mrs Bainbridge, I think that’s right.
《令人惊讶的宾布里奇太太》里有谁呢?
Who was in The Amazing Mrs Bainbridge?
芭芭拉…隆格
Barbara…Long,
我觉得她是个漂亮的黑美人
I think it was a dark, very pretty girl.
林德或隆格 差不多那样
Ling or…Long. Something like that.
还有谁呢?
Who else?
我从没有听过他们
I’d never heard of them before.
它是一部低成本的二线电影 名不见经传
It was a very inexpensive second feature, with unknown…
当时你并没有承受极大的情绪压力 对吧?
And you weren’t under an emotional stress, were you?
没有 我没有
No. I wasn’t.
我想观点已经清楚了
I think the point is made.
好大的重点
Big point.
你可以说到舌头拖地
You can talk till your tongue is draggin’ on the floor.
那孩子还是有罪
The boy is guilty.
你了解我意思吗 我的朋友?
Know what I mean, my friend?
你还有喉糖吗? – 全吃完了 我的朋友
You got those cough drops? – They’re all gone, my friend.
伙计 看看这雨
Oh, boy. Look at that rain.
你的球赛完了
There goes your ball game.
这只是一场阵雨
It’s only a shower.
再说 他们会盖住内野的
Besides, they got the infield covered.
我说 我能看看那把刀吗?
Say, could I see that knife a second, please?
我们还是六比六平手
Well, we’re still tied up six to six.
谁有建议吗?
Who’s got a suggestion?
6点过5分了 去吃点晚饭吧
It’s 5 after 6. Let’s get some dinner.
我们不如等到7点 再过一小时?
Why don’t we wait till 7 o’clock? Give it another hour.
我没有意见
OK with me.
我有一件事想说
There’s something I’d like to say.
我是说 自从我们卡住了 它就一直着困扰我
I mean it’s been bothering me a little as long as we’re stuck…
是关于这个刀刺的伤口
There was this whole business about the stab wound
以及它怎么造成的
and how it was made.
它的角度向下 你知道
The downward angle of it, you know?
别跟我说 我们要再开始这个
Don’t tell me that we’re gonna start with that again.
他们已经讨论过一遍又一遍
They’ve been over it and over it.
我知道他们讨论过 但我就是搞不懂
I know they did, but I don’t go along with it.
那孩子五尺七寸高
The boy was five feet seven inches tall.
他父亲是六尺二寸
His father was six two.
那有七寸的差异
That’s a difference of seven inches.
这是件很难办到的事
It’s very awkward thing…
往下刺一个比你高半尺的人的胸部
to stab downinto the chest of someone over half a foot taller.
把那给我
Give me that.
我给你们示范 哪位起来
I’ll give you a demonstration. Somebody get up.
我要你们看好 因为我不想再做一遍
I want you to watch this, because I don’t wanna have to do it again.
我要让自己矮上6到7寸 好吗?
I’ll make myself about six or seven inches shorter, okay?
差不多了 可能再低点
That’s about right. Maybe a little more.
好 再低一点
OK, a little more.
哦…没人会受伤
Now…nobody’s hurt.
对吧?
Right?
对 没有人会受伤
Right. Nobody hurt.
我就是这样去刺…比我高的人
Now, this is the way I’d stab a man who was…taller than I was.
看看这个角度 往下插入
Look at the angle. Down and in.
这就是做法
And this is the way it was done.
告诉我我错了
Now tell me I’m wrong.
往下插入 我想没有争议
Down and in. I guess there’s no argument.
等一下 好吗?
Hold on, will you?
把它给我
Will you give me that?
天啊 我恨透这些事了
Boy, I hate these things.
你见过持刀斗殴吗? – 没有
Did you ever see a knife fight? – No.
你呢? – 没有
You? – No.
这里有人见过持刀斗殴吗?
Anybody here ever see a knife fight?
我见过
Well, I have.
你知道 我的烂出身
You know, on my back stoop,
街对面 后院里
the lot across the street, back yard.
社区里很多弹簧折刀
Switchblades came with the neighbourhood.
好笑的是我以前没想到
Funny I never thought of it before.
我猜是因为努力要忘记那些事
I guess you try to forget those things.
你怎么使用弹簧折刀?
How do you use a switchblade?
你绝不会这样用它
Well, you’d never use it like this.
看 换手损失了太多时间
See, you’d lose too much time switching hands.
是这样的 下手持握
Here’s how. Underhand.
任何用过折叠刀的人 都不会用别的方式握持
Anyone who’s ever used switchknife wouldn’t handle it any other way.
你确定? – 我确定
Are you sure? – I’m sure.
因此他们才做成这样打开
It’s why they’re made to open like that.
据说那男孩用刀相当熟练
The boy was pretty handy with a knife.
你觉得他杀死他父亲 会造成那样的伤口吗?
You think he could have made the wound that killed his father?
不 他有经验
No. Not with the experience
一辈子握持这些东西的经验
he got all his life handling these things.
我感觉他会下手握持
I feel he’d have gone for him underhand.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
那父亲被杀时你在房♥间里吗?
Were you there when the farther was killed?
不 其他人也不在场
No. Neither was anybody else.
你跟我们说这些莫名其妙的话干吗?我不相信
What are you giving us this mumbo jumbo for? I don’t believe it.
我认为你无法判定 那男孩能或不能造成什么样的伤口
I don’t think you can tell what kind of wound the boy might or might not have made…
仅仅因为他知道怎么握刀
simply because he knew how to handle a knife.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你说什么你不知道?
What do you mean, you don’t know?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你呢?
How about you?
我不知道其他人是怎么样
I don’t know about the rest of ’em,
但我已经厌倦了这种叽叽喳喳进进退退
but I’m gettin’ tired of this yakety-yakkin’ back and forward.
这样子我们没出路
It’s gettin’ us nowhere.
我想我要打破局面
So I guess I’ll have to break it up.
我改投无罪票
I’m changin’ my vote to not guilty.
你什么?
You’re what?
你听到了 我受够了
You heard me. I’ve had enough.
你什么意思受够了?那不是回答
What do you mean you’ve had enough? That’s no answer.
听着 你管好你自己 你知道吗?
Listen, you just take care of yourself. You know?
他说得对 那不是回答
He’s right. That’s not an answer.
你个什么样的人?
What kind of a man are you?
你原先坐在这里 和其他人一样投有罪票
You have sat here and voted guilty with everyone else