五号♥?
Number five?
无罪
Not guilty.
六号♥?
Number six?
无罪
Not guilty.
七号♥?
Number seven?
有罪
Guilty.
八号♥?
Number eight?
无罪
Not guilty.
九号♥?
Number nine?
无罪
Not guilty.
十号♥?
Number ten?
有罪
Guilty.
十一号♥?
Number eleven?
无罪
Not guilty.
十二号♥?
Number twelve?
十二号♥?
Number twelve!
有罪
Guilty.
现在票数是六比六
The vote is now six to six.
没错 我们现在要打加时了 对吧?
Oh, yeah, yeah. And we go into extra innings here, eh?
六比六!
Six to six!
我跟你们说 你们之中有些人一定是失心疯了
I’m telling you, some of you people in here must be out of your minds.
那样的孩子!
A kid like that!
我觉得他是什么样的孩子跟这件事无关
I don’t think the kind of boy he is has anything to do with it.
应该用事实决定案子
The facts are supposing to determine the case.
少拿那一套来唬我!
Don’t give me that!
我厌倦了事实
I’m sick and tired of facts.
你可以想怎么歪曲就怎么歪曲它 明白我的意思吗?
You can twist ’em any way you like. You know what I mean?
那正是这位先生一直强调的观点
That’s exactly the point this gentleman has been making.
我说 你一直扯着嗓门喊叫…
I mean, you keep shouting at the top of your lungs
希望我能年轻几岁
I’d like to be a few years younger.
那人害得我…
That man gets on my…
这里真热 对吧? – 你要喝点水吗?
My, it’s hot in here, isn’t it? – Want a drink of water?
不 不 谢谢
No, no. Thanks. Thanks.
快下雨了
It’s gonna rain.
你怎么知道呢 牛人?
Well, how’d you figure that out, killer?
你怎么会改变投票?
How come you changed your vote?
只不过在我看来有可疑之处
It just seemed there was room for doubt.
你就是没什么立场 你知道
You haven’t got a leg to stand on. You know that.
我不那么认为
I don’t feel that way.
很多的细节并没有查清楚
A lot of details never came out.
对对 祝你好运
Yeah, well, good luck.
少来了 你跟其他人一样
Come on. You’re like everybody else.
你想的太多 被弄迷糊了
You think too much, you get mixed up.
你了解我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
不 听着 我认为你没有权利…
No, listen. I don’t think you have any right to…
大嘴巴
Loudmouth.
看看这雨下的?
Look at that come down, will ya?
你知道吗?
You know,
这让我想起之前遇到的一场暴雨
this reminds me of a storm we had last…
是十一月的事吗?我不知道 可能是吧
Was it November? I don’t know. Something.
那真是一场大暴雨
It was quite a storm we had.
正好在球赛中间
It was right in the middle of a game.
我们落后 六比七 但是…
We were behind -seven to six, but…
我们正要持球推进 刚完成一次拦截
We’d just started to move the ball, made a tackle.
准备切往右边 斜线插入
It was gonna cut right in, slash through,
斜线右边 切入
slashed right in, cut right through…
我们有个孩子史莱特利
We had this kid-Slattery.
他是头牛 真正的公牛
He was an ox. A real ox.
我希望再有一个跟他一样的
I wish I had another one just like him.
忘了告诉你
I forgot to tell you.
我是安德鲁·麦柯克高中的助理主教练
I’m the assistant head coach at Andrew J McCorkle High School.
那是在皇后区
That’s out in Queens.
总之 我们推进得很好
And anyway… we’re starting to move along real nice.
你知道 他们的防线分开了
You know, their whole line is just… just comin’ apart.
然后就开始下雨
And it starts to come down,
倾盆大雨 跟这场一样
cats and dogs, just like this.
就是 刷…下来了
Just… whoosh! You know, right down.
那真是要人命 你知道吗?
Well, it was murder, you know?
我发誓 我差点叫骂开了
I swear, I…I nearly bawled.
…我们无处施展
Just… We couldn’t go nowhere.
这个电扇是怎么一回事?怎么会…
Hey, what is it with this fan here? How come…
一定是跟电灯同一个开关
Must have been on the same switch with the lights.
事情开始好转了 对吧?
Well, things are lookin’ up here, huh?
是啊
Yeah.
伙计 好多了
Boy, that’s better.
两分
Hey! Two points.
你们去过花♥园♥广场吗?
You guys ever go to the Garden?
那么做真的是太蠢了
That’s a damn stupid thing to do.
对不起 我…
Oh, I’m sorry. I…
你知道
You know?
对不起
Pardon me.
你觉得如何?平分
Well, how do you like it? Even-steven.
相当吃惊 是吧?
Pretty surprising, isn’t it?
没错
Yes.
刚才的事 那高个儿 叫什么来着 想要钓我上钩?
That…business before, when that tall guy, what’s his name was tryin’ to bait me?
那无法证明什么
That doesn’t prove anything.
我是个很容易激动的人
I’m a pretty excitable person
我说 他想干吗?说我是公众复仇者 虐待狂
Where does he come off calling me a public avenger, a sadist?
谁都得买♥♥他的账
Anyone in his right mind would blow his stack.
他只是想引我上钩
He was just tryin’ to bait me.
他做的太好了
He did an excellent job.
告诉你们我的想法 我们什么也达不成
I’ll tell you what I think, we’re going nowhere here.
我准备现在去庭上 宣布本案将成为悬判
I’m ready to walk into court and declare a hung jury.
这事继续谈下去没有意义
There’s no point in this thing going on anymore.
对 我也同意
Yeah, I go for that, too.
我们告诉法官 把那孩子交给另外12个人
Let’s take this to the judge Let the kid take his chance with 12 other guys.
我认为法官不会接受悬判
The judge won’t accept a hung jury.
我们在这呆了很久了
We haven’t been here long.
我们走着瞧吧 – 我不支持那样
Well, let’s find out. – I am not in favour of that.
听着 这孩子在另一个陪审团手里没机会 你知道的
Listen, this kid wouldn’t stand a chance with another jury, and you know it.
得了 我们无解了 没人会改变投票 我们就这样办吧
Come on, we’re hung. Nobody’s gonna change his vote. Let’s take this out.
你仍然觉得没有可疑之处? – 没错
Still no room for reasonable doubt? – No. I don’t.
对不起
Pardon.
或许你不完全了解“合理怀疑”这个术语
Maybe you don’t fully understand the term “reasonable doubt”.
你说什么我不了解?
What do you mean, I don’t understand?
天 这家伙怎么这样?
Boy, how do you like this guy?
我跟你们说 他们都一样
I’m tellin’ you, they’re all alike.
他们来到这里忙着讨生活
They come over here and run into a life.
气都没喘匀 就急着告诉我们该怎么办
Before they can take a breath they’re telling us how to run the show.
天 这家伙傲慢自大!
Boy, the arrogance of this guy!
好了 我们停止争执两分钟
All right. Let’s stop the arguing for about two minutes in here.
谁有建设性的意见要说?
Now, who’s got something constructive to say?
我有一些话想说 如果你们各位不介意的话
I’d like to go over something, if you gentlemen don’t mind.
有一点对检方非常重要 就是…
An important point for the prosecution was the fact that…
那孩子声称案发时他在电影院里
after the boy claimed he’d been at the movies when the killing took place…
事后他不记得那部电影及其中演员的名字
he couldn’t remember the names of the movies or who starred in them.
这位先生几次提过这点
This gentleman has made that point sevaral times.
正确 这是那男孩提供的唯一不在场证明
That’s correct. It’s the only alibi the boy offered
而他完全没法回忆任何细节
and he himself couldn’t back it up with any details at all.
你站在那男孩的处境想想
Put youself on the boy’s place
你觉得可以记起细节吗
do you think you could remember details…
在被自己的父亲打了巴掌后的心烦意乱中
after an upsetting experience such as being slapped by your father?
我想可以 只要有些特别的细节
I think so, if there were any special details to remember.
那孩子记不起看过电影的名字
The boy couldn’t remember the name of the movies he saw
因为那晚上他不在那
because he wasn’t there that night.
根据警方证词 那孩子在公♥寓♥的厨房♥接受探员询问
According to the police testimony, the boy was questioned by the detectives in the kitchen
当时他父亲的尸体还躺在卧室地板上
while the body of his father was lying on the floor in the bedroom.
你觉得你在那种情形下还想起细节吗?
Do you think you could remember details on those certain stances
我能
I do.
在巨大的精神压力下?
Under great emotional stress?